Mosi - Zambian National Breweries

MosiMosi

Zambian National Breweries visit their website
Zambia

American Adjunct Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Thehuntmaster on 01-25-2012)
Reviews by jazzyjeff13:
1.95/5  rDev -25%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A 340ml bottle with an illegible BB date. Given to me by a friend from SA when he was visiting in December. The label says 'As mighty as the Mosi-Oa-Tunya'; the local name for the Victoria falls.

Poured into a tulip pint glass. A clear pale-straw colour with medium carbonation. Forms a small head of white foam that dissipates rapidly. Aroma is almost non-existant; a faint whiff of light malt and stale maize.

Tastes of fizzy water with a weak flavour of light malt and cooked maize. No hops are discernible. A harsh solventy note in the background - unpleasant. Mouthfeel is very light and watery, with tingly carbonation. Mildly astringent. Not much aftertaste; a hint of stewed corn.

Piss poor - not sure I'd want this even if I was in Zambia and it was baking outside. Watery and virtually tasteless. Unless you're desperate, avoid.

jazzyjeff13, Feb 25, 2012

2.75/5  rDev +5.8%

samanekag, Apr 01, 2013
1.88/5  rDev -27.7%

330ml can 4,0% Abv.
Served chilled in a pint glass.
No date on the can.

Thanks to my mom for wandering around a rather dodgy town in Zambia to find some beer for me!

Appearance: Pretty standard for the style; very light golden-yellow body topped by a large white head. Retention and lacing are average.

Smell: Not much of a nose, but I guess it is about par for an African lager. Stale grain, maize and metallic notes.

Taste: I think the brewers are lying! This isn't beer, its dirty carbonated water! This is honestly one of the least flavourful beers I have had. I decided to leave it to warm up to room temperature - bad idea. The taste is still almost non-existent but now has a distinct stale maize after taste.

Mouthfeel: Light, watery body and hugely over carbonated.

Overall: Even if I was in Zambia and it was 40 degrees outside, I don't think I would drink it!
I did however politely tell my mother that I quite enjoyed it.

Thehuntmaster, Jan 25, 2012
Mosi from Zambian National Breweries
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.