Evil Harvest | Crooked Fence Brewing

Added by JohnGalt1 on 10-04-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 5
3.24/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

On tap at the CF Barrelhouse. I really enjoyed this as the pumpkin was more subdued, and not at the forefront. Nice hint of it on top of a nice ale. My favorite of the pumpkin ales so far.

3.7/5  rDev +9.1%

RB

Edit... I entered this one as a "Pumpkin Ale", I am pretty sure the gourdes are used, but I am unable to find anything definitive on the web confirming pumpkins are in the mash... Pumpkin spices are definitely used. :-)

22 from Bier Thirty ... Poured into my slim tulip... flimsy white head dies back quickly... decent lacing .... the brew is a fairly clear darker orange.

Nose shows traditionally used pumpkin spices... but THANKFULLY, it is a judicious hand... I would guess cinnamon, nutmeg, possibly some ginger and mace? Not sure... a bit of toasty malt helps bring the aroma together...

Flavor is not bad at all... again, a light hand with the spices... light yet everpresent malt profile shows as toasty with some pale malt.. surprisingly drinkable.. nothing is ever overdone.

Light/medium body.. drinkable.

I just want to say, that I normally hate overly spiced beers and this one is NOT overly spiced... I dig it actually... Tastes like fall.

4/4/3.5/4/3.5

Evil Harvest from Crooked Fence Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.