Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Pin-Up Raspberry Blonde - Crooked Fence Brewing

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.36/5  rDev n/a
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I added this as rotating because I figure CF will continue to make this one when they can.

Picked this one up tonight at Brewforia Meridian for a super pricey $6.50ish... Should have no problem finding it ALOT cheaper around town or at the brewery.

Poured into my HotD goblet a hazy dark golden brew produces a short-lived white head... I swear the brew has a pinkish hue, but that could be me projecting "berries" into the appearance.

The nose is an obvious blonde with bigger pale malts and sorta a grainy aftermath.. berries are there and are thankfully accentuated by the residual maltiness.. but they are pretty light.

The palate is right in line with the aroma.. pale/grainy/sorta husky malts with a background berry essence..

For the style, the body is a more medium than light.. carbonation is a bit light, but no big deal.

Overall, a decent raspberry blonde... there are a bunch of these (fruity blondes) out there, but I think CF did a good job. That said, I will NEVER BUY this again for more than $4.25/22oz... and even that is pushing it.

EDIT: I still am not sure that they used real fruit... I hope so.. but there is something that I can't put my finger on that seems a bit off... The fruitiness is a little perfumy and perhaps extract.

3/3.25/3.5/3.5/3.25 (1,296 characters)

3.5/5  rDev n/a

Pin-Up Raspberry Blonde from Crooked Fence Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.