Aviator: Raspberry Blonde - Crooked Fence Brewing

Idaho, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: JohnGalt1 on 08-10-2013

1.44/5  rDev n/a

I never looked at this beer, I drank a six pack of it out of cans. And it was truly horrible. The blonde ale flavor clashes with the weak raspberry flavor. Imagine putting mustard on vanilla ice cream. Something like that. (222 characters)

3.41/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Had this on tap at Pre-Funk after enjoying Table Rock (the place not the brewery) on a hot spring day. I picked up a can today at Bier:Thirty for a buck-ninety. I'm reviewing the can.

The can looks cool. A cartoon picture of a hot blonde on a bomb. ABV is clearly marked at 4.9%.

This beer smells sweet. I'm drinking it from the can and I can tell you it smells like a fruit flavored soda from a can. Very "obvious" but in a kinda refreshing way.

The taste is what you'd expect from the smell. Pretty sweet but enjoyable.

Not to heavy but also not thin.

Overall I enjoy this beer. it's nice on a hot day and out of the can. I say pick one or two up for the river! (669 characters)

3.42/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Picked this up at the COOP last night ... Poured now into my HotD goblet... nice foamy half-inch white head.. the brew is slightly hazy golden.

The nose shows pretty big berry essence.. but it seems sorta artificial.. almost "TOO" clean if "that" can actually be a bitch... light pale malts push the fruits and actually magnify it... but again, it just doesn't seem real with the aroma.

Flavor is dead on expected... nice fruity profile that jives with the lower ABV... pale maltiness is there only to deliver the fruit... not much else to report... decent/good beer that I would never pass off.

Body is spritzy medium... nice, but not for me.... I though think this will be a big winner with the "Non-Geeks"... How do you get the word out there???

3.5/3.25/3.5/3.25/3.5 (782 characters)

Aviator: Raspberry Blonde from Crooked Fence Brewing
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.