Sweetwater Hey Jose - SweetWater Brewing Company

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
SweetWater Brewing Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

(Beer added by: thagr81us on 09-14-2012)
3.28/5  rDev 0%

LowRYEder IPA with oak chips soaked in Jose Cuervo added! Had this one at the source! Had while out and about at my buddy’s bachelor party! Tick all day, every day! Served from cask into a Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA barrel glass. Poured a hazy yellow-orange with a half finger off-white head that subsided to a minimal amount quickly. Maintained nice lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, citrus, citrus hop, wood, and sweet alcohol. The flavor was of sweet malt, citrus, citrus hop, lime, and sweet alcohol. It had a light feel on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this was a fairly decent brew. I can really appreciate what they were trying to do here, but I just couldn’t get behind it. The tequila in this one was definitely present and really overwhelmed most of the base brew unfortunately. I just wish the alcohol would have been a little more subdued. Glad I got to try it, but that is about it. Tick.

thagr81us, Sep 14, 2012
Sweetwater Hey Jose from SweetWater Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.