Follow our progress ...

Bad Influence | The Lab Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

The Lab Brewing Co.
California, United States | website

Style: American IPA

Added by sloejams on 12-26-2011

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 16
4.7/5  rDev +32.8%

IPA'S are my favorite style of beer and Roger's Bad Influence is at the top of the list. This beer has a fresh piney fragrance that is very refreshing. The taste is sweet, crisp and fresh and is followed by a balancing bitterness. Not to be missed.

4.02/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I had this very recently and I guess they just changed the recipe. I was told they started dry-hopping the beer which is why I think I rated the smell higher than most. It is crisp and balanced IPA that is very drinkable - a nice combination. A little bitter after taste.

3.53/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Consumed May 28th, 2012 at the brewery.

Light golden in the glass. One finger white head made of very fine and frothy bubbles. Excellent sheeting.

Did I just put fresh pine needles up my nose?

A little sweet, very piney and fairly low in bitterness. If that sounds like a beer you'd like, then you'd like this beer.

Moderately dry on the tongue.

This is really 8.2% ABV? The menu says so; it must be true. Doesn't seem that big, though. Nothing new here, but nothing for the brewers to be embarrassed about, either. Solid.

4.12/5  rDev +16.4%

Ok so I am a HUGE hophead and love IPA. The brewer Roger has been working with his system for a few months now and really nailed this IPA!! There a a bunch of just average IPA's out there but tis is not one of them ,the nose is great and full of fresh hops. The beer is down right AWESOME!!! Go try this beer you will be glad you did.

3.67/5  rDev +3.7%

Never heard of The Lab before happening to drive by it just now. I went for the IPA, cause that is what California does as good if not better than anywhere. And I do love my California IPA. It's a decent offering. It feels like with some time and work it can be a great one. Give a try though, it tastes better than it looks.

Bad Influence from The Lab Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.