Green Flash West Coast IPA - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash West Coast IPAGreen Flash West Coast IPA

Green Flash Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: xlperro on 03-26-2005)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Green Flash West Coast IPA Alström Bros

this my "executioner" beer, if I only had one beer to choose I would choose this one! It is a nice hoppy beer and is just strong enough for my taste. Where I live it comes in four packs.
I would highly recommend this beer and I must say that it has become, along with a few from Stone, my favorite beverage!

this is the best IPA on the planet, hands down, the look, the smell, the colour, the taste... mmm.... droool...
i live in canada and there are only a few places that you can get this. and at 18 bucks a six pack i buy most of the stock as it is received.
there is so much hops and oils and deliciousness in this beer it gives me a boner.
its like biting into a fresh grapefruit and flavour exploding all over your tongue.
and one gives me that nice hazy buzz, have one of these and smoke a fatty and you will feel just as nice as i do.
BEST BEER ON THE PLANET (FOR HOP HEADS)

LOVE IT FOREVER!!!

3/17/09
I've had a bunch of bottles of GFWCIPA but this bottle I just had right now was a revelation. I'm bumping my score up from 4.8 to a 5.0, because this beer is amazing. I'm getting a tropical fruit explosion like I've never seen in this beer. Wow. One of the best bottles of beer I've ever had.

___
1/10/09
Had on tap at Hamilton's for the first time since having a bottle 2 1/2 years ago. This was as good of a beer as I remember, and it was even better than I thought. Bumping up the scores because this is a top notch IPA by far. The spiciness from the hops is crazy in this beer. A very peppery sharp character coming from the hops is a lot different than other IPA's in the area, yet it is in many ways similar to them as well.

___
From a 12oz bottle, pours a very clear copper tinted with some redness, and an abundant off-white head that keeps a 3-4mm cap the entire drink. Lacing is also very good. Smell is strong with pine and citrus.

Taste is of lots of pine and citrus, with an aggressive bitterness that takes on a leafy hop taste. One of the more bitter IPA's I've come across, reminding me of Port's Wipeout IPA.

Mouthfeel is pretty slick, a full bodied IPA for sure. The alcohol being at 7% makes this a strong one. Drinkability is not too bad. I like hops, though I wouldn't say I'm a full on hophead, so a strong hop bitterness like this can wear me out after a bit.
5-4-4-4-4

Green Flash West Coast IPA from Green Flash Brewing Co.