Green Flash West Coast IPA - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash West Coast IPAGreen Flash West Coast IPA

Green Flash Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: xlperro on 03-26-2005)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Green Flash West Coast IPA Alström Bros

3/17/09
I've had a bunch of bottles of GFWCIPA but this bottle I just had right now was a revelation. I'm bumping my score up from 4.8 to a 5.0, because this beer is amazing. I'm getting a tropical fruit explosion like I've never seen in this beer. Wow. One of the best bottles of beer I've ever had.

___
1/10/09
Had on tap at Hamilton's for the first time since having a bottle 2 1/2 years ago. This was as good of a beer as I remember, and it was even better than I thought. Bumping up the scores because this is a top notch IPA by far. The spiciness from the hops is crazy in this beer. A very peppery sharp character coming from the hops is a lot different than other IPA's in the area, yet it is in many ways similar to them as well.

___
From a 12oz bottle, pours a very clear copper tinted with some redness, and an abundant off-white head that keeps a 3-4mm cap the entire drink. Lacing is also very good. Smell is strong with pine and citrus.

Taste is of lots of pine and citrus, with an aggressive bitterness that takes on a leafy hop taste. One of the more bitter IPA's I've come across, reminding me of Port's Wipeout IPA.

Mouthfeel is pretty slick, a full bodied IPA for sure. The alcohol being at 7% makes this a strong one. Drinkability is not too bad. I like hops, though I wouldn't say I'm a full on hophead, so a strong hop bitterness like this can wear me out after a bit.
5-4-4-4-4

Green Flash West Coast IPA from Green Flash Brewing Co.