Green Flash West Coast IPA - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash West Coast IPAGreen Flash West Coast IPA

Green Flash Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: xlperro on 03-26-2005)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Green Flash West Coast IPA Alström Bros

4.75/5  rDev +12.6%

4.23/5  rDev +0.2%

A - Poured into a pint glass. Crystal clear amber with three fingers of heavy off white head. Great retention and very little lacing.

S - Lotsa citrus.

T - Strong punch of bitters; lemon/lime, grapefruit, pine and floral. Definitely delivers on the name as being a west coast IPA. Malts not too apparent, the hops clearly taking center stage. And a good bite of alcohol.

M - Medium/light body and very dry. Moderate amount of carbonation. This felt a bit watery for my liking and could have used a stronger malt backbone to balance the bitters.

O - I can't get enough of the west coast IPAs so I must admit I am biased. This isn't my favorite IPA but I enjoy the unapologetic hoppyness of this beer. If this had more body I would be truly enamored. I'm sure to buy this again.

2.25/5  rDev -46.7%

3.18/5  rDev -24.6%

Take my review with a grain of salt as A) Im 3000+ miles from the brewery and B) the bottle I poured from has no born on date so creation knows how old this bottle may be. Anyway, here goes...

A - Poured a medium honey gold color, hazy from unfiltration. Particles present, very small and not unpleasant.

S - VERY malty. Hop presence not very notable to be honest. What I could detect seemed mildy piny.

T - For the traditionalist this is an outstanding IPA. But when I think "West Coast IPA" I think of a bursting hop presence with very little malt backbone. So to me, this was a bit too malty to leave me wanting more than the bomber I had. But hey, thats just me.

M - This was the best part of the beer for me. Nice thick - but not too much - mouthfeel with a very smooth finish. Very dry.

O - Overall, Id say its okay. I do say that with much reservation however. I would very much like to try it in the SoCal area on tap, where I know its fresh. This beer's reputation preceded it upon buying the bottle and frankly I was disappointed. Not by the beer as a whole, just seems put in the wrong category.

**Also worthy of note is that what I drank also has a different label. It was purple and came in the 22 0z. bottle.

4.05/5  rDev -4%

A - on tap at World of Beer, pours a nice light copper color with a 1 inch foam head.

S - smell is of west coast hops, particularly grapefruit and citrus.

T - taste is like the smell, awesome citrus and grapefruit flavors dominate here.

M - a good, medium body that fills the mouth nicely.

O - one of my old reliables...consistently one of the best IPA's out there.

3.5/5  rDev -17.1%

4.75/5  rDev +12.6%

Green Flash West Coast IPA from Green Flash Brewing Co.