Double Stout - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Double StoutDouble Stout

Green Flash Brewing Co. visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  8.80% ABV

(Beer added by: SacoDeToro on 03-17-2008)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters

01-08-2012 09:13:40 | More by kevfujii
redneckchugger

4.93/5  rDev +20.2%

bottle courtesy of ygtbsm94
Pours jet black, huge tan head, takes forever to leave. Thick spots of lacing.
Huge chocolate, dark toasted bread nose.
The taste is out of this world. Like milk chocolate over dark bread on the front, some slight earthy hops on the midpallate and some bitterness from the roasted malt on the back end.
This is an amazing beer, easily one of the best i have had. Its not trying to reinvent the wheel. It just takes all the things you expect from a stout and does them flawlessly.
The best beer i have had this year.

09-26-2009 02:15:15 | More by redneckchugger
PatrickSwayze

4.9/5  rDev +19.5%

Bought a 4 pack of these boys from my local farmers market store for only 8.99 and i consider that a steal. Love green flash but i have always passed this one up for some reason.

A: pours a deep black with a nice rich deep brown head that lasts quite a long time. Lacing remains throughout entire drinking session.

S: Only poured it into a standard pint glass but let me tell you, the roasted notes still kicked my nose into heaven. Plain and simple deep roast that is not overwhelming.

T: wonderful forward chocolate notes with a blended roast catching the sides of my tongue with a really mild tobacco/fig flavor pleasently whispering itself into fruititon as i breath out through my nose. Small trace of piny and grassy hop flavor towards the end

M: A great soft yet fluffy thick presence that rests gently on the buds.

O: I consider this one of my new favorite imperial stouts. And thats saying alot when my favorite are Speedway, The Abyss, Stones Russian, and Old Rasputin standard and XII. This just happens to be a sensational beer for a great price to enjoy on a nice cold night.

01-13-2012 05:39:43 | More by PatrickSwayze
DaveBlueHollywood

4.85/5  rDev +18.3%

I don't like dark Beer I would never order one or purchase in a store, until now. I tried the Double Stout as part of a tasting and I could not get enough. It pours like Jagermeister, very thick. I usually drink ales and lagers, so I prepared my knife and fork to get threw the sample.

I took a wiff and was very suprised, very pleasing, had a nice head but not so thick that you would need a straw. It was smooth, like silky smooth, not bitter or heavy. Some coffee like qualities in the taste, rich and creamy. Its not what I usually come to expect from a dark beer, I usually find stouts to be undrinkable, this beer is craveable.

It says in the guidelines that 5's should be rare, so i gave a couple of 4.5's as I am not an expert in beer tasting I cant grade mouth feel or smell but I can't imagine any possible improvement to the taste and apperance, so overall it has to be a 5 in my book. Welcome to Florida Green Flash.

10-04-2012 17:35:33 | More by DaveBlueHollywood
sendsilk

4.85/5  rDev +18.3%

Received in a recent trade with HopMasterFlex. Thanks Kyle! 12 oz. bottle poured into my trusty "Crab House" pint glass.

A- Nice and dark. Nice mocha head that slowly recedes, and I mean slowly, this bitch is taking its time. No worries, I can outwait it. Seriously wonderful lacing. Is this shit a stout or a black ale? Kind of confused by that.

S- Great smell. Still wondering WTF it is.

T- Okay, now I don't give a shit what "style" it is. Brilliant beer. Why the F is this not highly sought after? This is a gargantuan beer. Totally delicious. I got 2 in a trade and 2 as extras and now I wish he had sent 10 as extras. You hear that traders...more of this for me in the next trade. They may not fully appreciate it when it gets to them but when they drink it they'll want more. Solid extra bro.

M- Great, blah blah blah, coats my mouth with sweet esthers and other stuff, whatever that means. It's solid and thick, my kind of shit.

D- If I had 12 of these I would drink 6 tonight. Then I would hoard the rest of them and have maybe 1 a month as a treat to myself.

Tradability- Hopefully low right now as I would like several more of these before people figure out how good this is. Pretend I am the Alstrom Bros. and 'send me beer'. This beer.

03-10-2011 05:50:37 | More by sendsilk
DavidST

4.85/5  rDev +18.3%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a pint glass. No date on the bottle, but it arrived only this week in the local store.

Pours a pitch black color with a large mocha head, which quickly dissipates down to a thin layer (Without a doubt I think a double / IRS are the best looking beers). The smell is of dark roasted malts, dark chocolate and coffee. Medium to thick mouth feel which coats the mouth, nice and creamy. The taste is dark chocolate, coffee and dark roasted malts, its very smooth on the way down and has a nice lingering bitter after flavor, very good, the alcohol is pretty well hidden.

Overall another great Green Flash product, this has become one of those breweries where I'll try any of their products I can find and expect great results. This double stout is no exception, a wonderful example of the style. I thought I might wait a few months to see how well this ages, but its pretty perfect right now. Excellent brew, this just might be my favorite stout thus far.

07-16-2011 19:18:27 | More by DavidST
MoMaMe

Maryland

4.8/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A really good stout.

I'm a Guiness Foreign Extra lover, and I like this one about the same, if not a little better.

The Guiness FE has a little better mouthfeel, but this one is pretty good as well, and has a bit better flavor.

It lingers on the palate with a nice finish. There is a definite strong and complex flavor with an ever so slight bitterness and brightness mixed with a malty sweetness. I really like this one, and it ranks at one of the top stouts that I've tried.

11-21-2013 23:16:51 | More by MoMaMe
mikeborglum

Missouri

4.78/5  rDev +16.6%

Pours thick black like used oil with nice thick chocolaty head and long lasting laces. Flavor is bitter chocolate and coffee enhanced with roasted grains and herbs. A full body with creamy, oily feel, soft carbonation to almost lively, and nice long dry clean and balanced finish.

08-22-2011 00:28:58 | More by mikeborglum
BeerWithMike

Nebraska

4.78/5  rDev +16.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Sampling right now on 2/8/14. Had this a few times in the past. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a brandy snifter.

Pours a very dark brown/black with a 2-finger beige head that settles down to just the top and sides of the glass. LOTS of lacing is seen. One of the most I have seen in a good while actually. Perfect carbonation. The aroma is very pleasing with hints of coffee and chocolate roasted malt. The taste is the same and goes down easy. No harsh or bitter aftertaste at all. Overall a fantastic Stout.

02-09-2014 00:05:59 | More by BeerWithMike

02-02-2014 04:05:36 | More by delanedoktor
beergil

Montana

11-27-2013 01:06:49 | More by beergil
Double Stout from Green Flash Brewing Co.