Green Flash Palate Wrecker - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash Palate WreckerGreen Flash Palate Wrecker

Green Flash Brewing Co. visit their website

Originally brewed to celebrate Hamilton's Second Anniversary

(Beer added by: seaoflament on 10-04-2008)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Green Flash Palate Wrecker Alström Bros

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

Poured from a 22 oz bottle into a tulip glass. Pours a ever-so-slightly hazy amber color with a two-inch off-white head that has great staying power, slowly reducing to leave sticky webbed lacing behind.

I think I just cracked open am evergreen bough and stuffed it up my nose. I may as well be rolling in the hemlock; this is one piney, resinous smelling brew! I've got to give it a few minutes to catch the hints of honey, pineapple and mango dancing just out of reach underneath this hop monster.

My tongue is curling as I start sipping this one; resinous, oily hops, tobacco, oak leaves and just a tease of sweet malt are curdling my mouth even before I get to the secondary bitter finish. The taste is intense enough to open the nasal passages and get that hop taste into my sinuses!

Medium to full bodied, I think my tongue is starting to go numb. The heat from this brew creeps down the throat and warms the belly.

Drinking this is like having a chile pepper eating contest; if you like spicy food, you'll jump at that challenge any time; if your idea of hot is a dash of tobasco sauce, then you'll bow out. Same here; serious hop-heads will like the challenge of this aptly names ale; everyone else will poo-poo this as over the top nonsense. I fall in the fire-breathing mouth wrecker category, and am enjoying this ale. Sadly, its intensity is making me regret that I've got all 22 ounces of this to myself.

4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

Green Flash Palate Wrecker from Green Flash Brewing Co.