Join our email list →

Green Flash Saison Diego - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash Saison DiegoGreen Flash Saison Diego

good

Green Flash Brewing Co.
California, United States | website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale | 4.20% ABV

Beer added by: Zorro on 03-26-2012

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
4.2/5  rDev +14.8%

A: Hazy, golden-yellow with a fluffy, white head. No lace or retention.

S: One of the better smelling Saisons I've experienced from an American brewer. Very tart and bit barny and earthy.

T: Great Belgian yeast character. Barny. Grassy. Slightly fruity. Delicious!

M: Crisp and clean. Great flavor. Seriously way too easy to drink.

O: One of the best American versions of the style that I've had to date. Would love to drink this again.

4.23/5  rDev +15.6%

Poured from a bomber into a 24 oz bulge glass

A- light straw with white head and low retention. No lacing.

S- light tartness followed with orchard fruits. Light graininess in the background.

T- nearly identical as the smell

M- medium high carbonation. Light body. Very refreshing.

O- a very good sessionable saison.

4.24/5  rDev +15.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This was poured into a tulip.

4.3/5  rDev +17.5%

my apologies to the brewery for the beer-induced email last weekend.... it really is a very nice tasting brew.
poured a clear straw (corona-colored) with a nice head on top. 2nd pour with sediment (was i supposed to release the sediment?) was, of course, hazy.
smells a little heartland-grassy with some spice, but refreshing.
taste was very nice and pleasant. not sure what to expect with ginger, but it's a very nice taste. 2nd pour with the sediment produced a bitter taste, but that is all to be expected. i dont remember the other saisons i've tried having sediment.
mouthfeel was light adn pleasant.
overall, this was a really nice brew. i do have an issue with the bottle not exhibiting the abv; i mean, that DOES factor in to the entire tasting/reviewing experience, does it not? but it was explained to me that under 5.6% (?) does not need to denote the abv. i didnt know that. i believe this was my first green flash experience, and it was a very good one. again, my apologies for the rudeness in the email i sent, but there was an issue which i believe was a fair one. i will try more of these from this brewery. but i'm still not sure if i'm supposed to pour the sediment?

This was poured into a tulip. The appearance was a nice looking glossy orange to amber color. A nice foamy white one finger head started off the look on the top of this beer. After the head died off, the lacing was mainly stringy to a slight spider web fashion. The smell was fresh cut grass with a large amount of yeasty breadiness over a sweet lemon to orange aroma leading to a slight bitterness. Light coriander/spice graced the back end of the aroma. The taste was mainly the same and amplified the yeasty part and the sweet lemon. As it warmed, I got the flavor of the coriander/spice a bit more. The mouthfeel was slightly sharp but still carried a fair smooth yeastiness with a slight bitter citrus rolling over my tongue. Overall, yeah, can ya tell by the way I talk in this one how much I like this one? Though I haven't had too many saisons, glad I studied up a bit before I said something on this totally enthralling brew.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Green Flash Saison Diego from Green Flash Brewing Co.