Green Bullet Triple IPA - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Bullet Triple IPAGreen Bullet Triple IPA

Green Flash Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: KansasBeerLover on 04-30-2013

Ratings: 1,997 | Reviews: 313

Great well rounded, nicely hopped Triple IPA

Great beer!

One of my favorite DIPA, (or Triple I suppose). Very piney and citrus flavors and aromas going on. This one is NOT a malt bomb it is extremely bitter but balanced, which an ipa should be... Awesome!

10.1% and 100 IBU
Beer was excellent! I'm getting another after work

Had at a Kewl place in MLPS. New Bohemia.
Excellent version of a super hoppy 10.1% Triple IPA!
Appearance copper
smell complex
Taste come. And well balanced
Overall nice not hot and well balanced.
This review is Kurt as it is an afterthought. I shall update nxt time one is in front of me.

The beer is worthy of praise as is most beers from Green Flash

Amazing brewery may want more marketable labekb

I love this beer! Bright, crisp and clean, and very well balanced. Not a bit of funkiness as found in some other imperial IPAs (like Ska Decadent and Sneaky Pete). I can't say enough good things about Green Bullet and highly recommend it!

4.84/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

One of my favorites I buy it anytime I can find it

4.84/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

First taste will grab you by the booboo! Could brew that you don't want to consume too fast.

4.84/5  rDev +23.2%

Wow, I am amazed more people don't feel the same way I do about this beer.

Appearance - Deep gold with medium carbonation.

Smell: Citrus and hops and then some. My mouth starts to water immediately.

Taste: I take a drink and can't tell it is 10.75 ABV smooth and delicious. Hops and citrus abound but again, you can't taste the ABV. It's not just about getting drunk easy on a drinkable 10+ ABV beer. Green Flash knows how to brew a delicious beer and this is definitely one of those. An instant gem I rank up there w/Russian River's Pliny the Elder, Firestone Walker's Double Jack, and Stone Ruination as one of my favorite IPAs. In fact, if I had to rank the beers listed above this one would come in first.

Mouthfeel - Sits on my tongue and teases me. "You know you want another sip". "Yes I do!" my brain and my taste buds say to each other.

Overall - One of the single best beers I have ever tasted.

4.83/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Poured from 22oz bottle. Beautiful amber color; pleasant aroma mixed with malt and hops. One of my favorites. It's a big IPA with big hops, but smooth and balanced. An easy drink for such a big beer.

4.81/5  rDev +22.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A great full body hoppy delicious beer

4.78/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

One of the best beers I have tasted in a while. Up there with Founders Double Trouble and Lagunitas Sucks. Nice yellow straw color, very little head, viscous full mouth feel, in your face hops I am guessing simcoe or galaxy. Very satisfying and delicious . Going out tomorrow to buy more.

4.75/5  rDev +20.9%

Great aroma, full body ipa. Very robust and delicious.

4.75/5  rDev +20.9%

This is close to a perfect beer for a hop-head like me. The tropical mango and pine sit on the palate ever so gently, building to a hot, hoppy finish. The '100+' IBU is much deserved on the finish, as this beer is generally only recommended for those like IPAs and then some. If I could have this beer every day, I would, I not for the 10.1% ABV. I would recommend many beers from Green Flash Brewing (more ratings pending.)

4.71/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Recommended to me by the guy in the craft beer store (Hudson Vine) next door to my hotel in NJ. Opened the bottle and immediately smelled grapefruit. A great IPA (I'm a hophead), even better than Stone IPA, which I think is a great IPA. It's so well balanced that even at 10.0% ABV I couldn't sense the alcohol on the nose or on the palate. Plenty of hops, but so well balanced that they don't over power the taste.

4.7/5  rDev +19.6%

cant wait to get my hands on one of these again, awesome gold color, very bitter crisp hoppy aroma with strong tropical fruity notes of citrus then hits you with a nice pine in the middle and lite burn on the end as you would expect from a big IPA.

4.69/5  rDev +19.3%

Green Bullet pours a copper color with a large lacing head. There is a very hoppy aroma; very floral. The taste has a bold hoppy flavor, very very floral, but not bitter. While hoppy the flavors do not burn the palette; its a very easy drinking yet bold IIPA. Overall its fantastic, very flavorful, yet so easy to drink.

4.68/5  rDev +19.1%

Appearance: Amber/Orange color. Good Clarity. Medium Lively Carbonation. Medium Head with white coloration and slow dissipation. Very inviting appearance altogether.

Smell: Slightly Vegetal with nice pine notes, mostly Fruit/Citrus notes of Mango and Pineapple especially as the beer warms up.

Taste: Excellent balance of Sweetness, Sour Acidity, and Bitterness; a very dynamic beer

Mouthfeel: Medium-light bodied especially for 10% ABV. Green Bullet presents a dryness in its long finish that invites the next sip.

Overall: This beer has an excellent malt-balance for its 100+ IBU rating. It is not overwhelmingly bitter and the malt has been used effectively without making it overly heavy. Green Bullet is very refreshing and the 10% ABV comes across in a very subtle way. My verdict: a very well-made beer that is a nice tangent from the typical American Imperial IPA style.

4.65/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a 13 oz tulip glass, best by 3/10/14. Pours a cloudy orange, with a one off white head, that leaves behind plenty of sticky lace. Smell passion fruit, pineapple, grapefruit, hint of hard candy, fresh pine, and earthy hops. Taste matches perfectly, maybe my palate is damaged because it is really well balanced, tropical with some grapefruit and pine threw out. Body is medium, perfect carbonation, not dry, and holy s--- is it drinkable! This is awesome. Not sure why they are calling it a triple and I really don't care.

4.63/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Turbo IPA. Bitter but good. Grapefruit and citrus flavors. Huge head!!

4.59/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Bomber into 8 oz Tulip
A- Looks like a high ABV IPA Gold with disappearing white head
S- The hops and alcohol do battle with each other, to the drinkers benefit. Hops...then booze. Smells delicious. Sweet syrupy malty backbone
T- A very well balanced big IPA is the first thing that comes to my mind. The hops are still the star, but supported by the malty sweetness.
M- Practically perfect size/carb level. Lets you thoroughly taste the beer but doesn't let it stick to your palate
O- This is a great beer.I too often find big IPAs much too syrupy and sweet. That is not the case with this one. I really enjoy it, will suggest it to friends and will most definitely buy it again...like tomorrow

4.58/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours dark, cloudy amber color. Thin foamy head with small amount of lacing along the glass. Has a citrus, apple type of smell. Very malty taste with citrus. Strong piney hop finish. The malt persists throughout. Strong bitter aftertaste. There is a sweet aftertaste. Caramel maybe. Hides alcohol very well. Good for an after work wind down.

4.56/5  rDev +16%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I took this Green Bullet at cellar temperature in a tulip.

A big and puffy three-finger head and that classic golden-orange IPA color.

An aroma of pine, spicy, dank hops, and oranges. Really potent and enticing. I think I might even smell a little mango.

A nice citrus kick hits my tongue first, and then thick, spicy hop flavor fills out the middle. It has a dry, biscuity, bitter, and piny finish that has an orange peel sensation and makes me feel a little like I just took a drink of some fresh-squeezed orange juice. The aftertaste is really fantastic, and everything leading up to it is quite complementary, and just plain tasty.

The feel is kind of... medium. Yeah. It's pretty easy to drink this fast without "chewing" on a sip for very long. But, it's so much more enjoyable to take my time and chew on it.

This is a damn delicious imperial (which I say to avoid the double/triplecontroversy, hehe) IPA. I recommend you try it without delay. And that's all I have else to say.

4.52/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

New seasonal from green flash, had in bottle and on draft. Very interesting beer, pours a clean bronze colour with a small head. The aroma for me was difficult to pinpoint, although I certainly detected the tropical and fruity notes of the New Zealand hop varietal along with a small amount of pine and plenty of booze. The taste follows suit, I am quite familiar with some of the New Zealand hops, specifically the pacific gem which I am fond of, so while i sort of knew what to expect, my expectations were met and in many respects, superseded. Tropical and fruity notes certainly dominate, pineapple, mango, and guava hit you upfront. This is followed by a some citrusy/lemony notes which compliment well. The malt presence is very light; a quality I personally like in an ipa, and this allows an aggressive, dry bitterness to show through. Although I think the 10.1% alcohol is fairly well hidden, it is certainly noticeable but not in a way that overpowers the great flavors that are harmoniously profiled. Very clean and crisp on the palate making it surprisingly drinkable for its strength. I found that this offering drew on some of qualities of their imperial ipa and to a slightly lesser extent, palate wrecker. I found it interesting to drink, and just like the imperial ipa, whilst difficult to judge first up, by the end I was intrigued and converted. All in all, this is an excellent ipa, and for me, the best green flash offering to date. Despite the fairly steep price tag here in nova, I will be looking out for more of this again throughout the remainder of the fall/early winter.

Green Bullet Triple IPA from Green Flash Brewing Co.