Green Bullet Triple IPA - Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Bullet Triple IPAGreen Bullet Triple IPA

Green Flash Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: KansasBeerLover on 04-30-2013)

monkeybeerbelly, Oct 12, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -4.6%

This looks great, a sunset orange with a one inch cream colored head. The smwll is all tropical fruit and resin, as I guess a triple IPS should. The taste is better balanced than I would have thought with all the IBU's and alchohol. Lost of resin and pineapple in the flavor, but the 10.10 alchohol is a tad harsh. All in all, good but not great.

SFNC, Oct 12, 2014

Cmoney37, Oct 11, 2014

TubaManJack, Oct 10, 2014

Flip_Smash, Oct 10, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -10.9%

I was very interested in tasting this Triple IPA... I have loved most of the DIPAs I have tried, selective as I may have been.
When I first tasted this, what stood out was the amount of malt in this beer. I had expected a bit more on the hop and bitterness end.
This was very smooth, easy drinking, start to finish

rdilauro, Oct 10, 2014
2.88/5  rDev -26.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

I picked up a bottle of Green Flash Brewing's Green Bullet Triple IPA last week for $3.39 at The Lager Mill. I have yet to be impressed by a beer from Green Flash, but since I'm in the mood for something very hoppy tonight I thought I would give this Triple IPA a chance, so lets see how it goes. Best by 02/08/15. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a snifter.

A- The label looks ok, it's very similar to the brewery's other labels and I don't think it's that eye catching. It poured a cloudy orange color that didn't change when held to the light and it had two fingers worth of of creamy off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty and patchy lacing behind. This was a pretty nice looking beer, the head and color were both nice.

S- The aroma starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the hops being the first to show up and they impart a complex hop aroma of spicy, piney, fruity, citrus rinds and green onion hop aromas with the green onion sticking out the most and the other aspects show up in the background. Up next comes the malts which impart a big sweet malt, bready and caramel malt like aromas with some doughy yeast coming through in the background. The aroma was just ok, I didn't like how the sweetness and green onion hops stuck out the most.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma, but a little lighter and it starts off with a slightly lower amount of high sweetness with the hops still being the first to show up and they impart the exact same hoppy aspects that it did in the aroma, this time they are a little lighter, but the green onion hops still stick out the most with the other aspects showing up in the background. Up next comes a noticeable alcohol flavor that's a little warming and it goes right into the malts which impart the same aspect that they did in the aroma, but they are also lighter and it's the sweet malts that seem to stick out the most. On the finish there's a higher amount of medium sweetness that doesn't linger and it had a watery malt and hop aftertaste. This wasn't a great tasting beer, the sweetness and green onion hops stuck out the most and I didn't like the watery finish.

M- A little smooth, a little warming, not too crisp, a little sticky, on the very thick side of being medium bodied with a lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel wasn't bad, but i wish it was smoother and not sticky.

Overall I wasn't a fan of this beer and I thought it was a very average example of a Tripel IPA, it had some big hop flavors, but the good aspects only showed up in the background and the flavors that stuck out the most weren't that great. This beer didn't have good drinkability, it was a little smooth, a little warming, not too crisp, a little sticky, a little filling and the taste didn't do a good job at holding my attention, one is more than enough for me, no way I would want to drink another one in a row. What I liked the most about this beer this beer was the appearance, this was a pretty nice looking beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste and drinkability, there weren't that good and they really held this beer back from being as good as it could be, the sweetness and green onion hops were my biggest problem with this beer. I wouldn't buy this beer again, it's very easy to find a better tasting strong hoppy beer. I wouldn't recommend this beer, it just isn't a great example of the style, but if you like lots of sweetness and green onion hops it may be worth a shot. All in all I didn't like this beer, it just wasn't for me and it got hard for me to find the good in this beer the more I drank it. It reminds me of the Devil Dancer that was released a couple years ago that was very green onion like. IT's now my least favorite Green Flash beer and my least favorite Tripel IPA. Better luck next time guys, this beer just isn't for me. I'm starting to lose motivation to try new beers from this brewery, I keep on getting disappointed.

StoutHunter, Oct 10, 2014

rhynosorus, Oct 10, 2014

caseyrobertson, Oct 10, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -17.3%

ktenneydenver, Oct 10, 2014
4.05/5  rDev +3.1%

Poured from a 12oz into my snifter. Excited to try some of these NZ hops. Beautiful tangerine hue in the glass, very little head. Had wonderful, clean lemon and piney aromas... and I am stunned to say definite mango as well. I am not used to such a distinct 'citrus' smell, it is usually a bit more general of a smell to me. Mango. The mango notes were also in the taste, along with a harsh bitterness (100+ IBU after all, but in a good way), a fresh piney hit, and not a bit of sweetness. Hop heavy. Hid the ABV very well. Clean and refreshing mouthfeel, medium. Very good feel for a DIPA. Such a great nose, I really like this. Will have to buy again some time.

Mikus, Oct 09, 2014

BeastLU, Oct 08, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

mhbarber, Oct 08, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +8.1%

Aroma on this one is very pleasant. Taste is very hop-bitter forward, nice malty support, this is very enjoyable, was $11.99 a four pack, price supports the 100+ IBU's that wil light up your palate.

stouts4me, Oct 08, 2014
Green Bullet Triple IPA from Green Flash Brewing Co.