Havablue - Mudshark Brewing Co.

HavablueHavablue

good

Mudshark Brewing Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: azdback on 07-11-2013

Ratings: 15 | Reviews: 2
1.08/5  rDev -69.7%

This is a pretty gross beer. Very light in color and carbonation smells like artificial blueberry tastes slightly medicinal with a blueberry film like tastes that annoyingly clings to the top of the mouth. I was in Arizona when I tried this and I like to support the local breweries but I don't think I will finish this beer.

3.69/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

12 oz bottle poured into a Three Floyd's Teku glass. Cloudy, bright, yellowy orange color. Almost no carbonation in this and is expected, no lace as well.

Smell is quite a surprise. The blueberry takes over the smell but there is definitely some wheat and earth in there as well.

Taste is surprising to me also. Sweet ting of blueberry. Light tones of a wheat ale. Grass or earth, some must but most of those flavors are muted by the sweet berry flavor.

Mouth is quite thin. It is a wheat fruit ale , so I wouldn't expect much more but it is boring on the tongue for me. No carbonation.

Overall I wasn't expecting much and personally don't much care for the style but was nicely satisfied with this one.

Havablue from Mudshark Brewing Co.