Export Beer - Rhinelander Brewing Company

Export Beer
No picture.

Rhinelander Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

Beer added by: dhannes on 11-10-2012

to view more.
Ratings: 11 | Reviews: 2
2.89/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

7 oz stubby bottle

White head that fizzles down quickly. Color is a clear golden orange.

Flavor profile: Sweet malty corn. Grains. I have no idea what's going on with this beer. Just a whole lot of awkward sweetness. It almost has some fruit flavors going on with it.

Mouthfeel: Crisp. Lots of carbonation. Lighter bodied.

Overall, a very weird adjunct lager. Doesn't taste like the other ones I have had. Fun to try, however.

3.95/5  rDev +32.1%

Poured chilled from a 7 oz. bottle into a standard pint glass. Warmed up to about 45º before sampling.

A=Darker golden hue; richer looking than mainstream adjuncts. Nice white, foamy head.

S=Sweetness, more like honey than maple syrup.

T=A strong malt bomb, with little if any hops; sweeter than most...maltiness dominates...perhaps a bit of mustiness.

M=Nice body, but the light carbonation almost seemed to make it taste as if it were flat.

O=I enjoyed this beer, and I am glad I got to try a bottle before buying a 6-pack or more at the store. I will purchase this again, as I often prefer a 7 oz. to a 12 oz. bottle, and this is a better beer than Miller High Life, Lite, and even the Little King's Cream Ale that are sold locally in 7 oz. bottles. I don't think I like this enough to purchase the 24 bottle case commonly sold in the area for $9.99, but if I find a 6-pack or 12-pack, I will buy it again. If you are in Wisconsin and prefer "shorties"--this is one that you should go out of your way to look for to replace the BMC's or Little Kings you've been buying.

to view more.