EPA English Pale Ale - Four Horsemen Brewing Company

EPA English Pale AleEPA English Pale Ale

Four Horsemen Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

English Pale Ale |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: karengarys on 07-03-2013)
4.24/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a wonderful copper-tawny color, with excellent lacing but too much of a foamy head. Wonderful deep earthy bitter aroma with a nice undertone of sweet and slightly caramelly malt. Excellent deep crystal malt flavor, while only being slightly filling; great earthy and slightly floral hop bitterness that hits up front and has a nice lingeringness. Goes down well with a nice thick and bitter and slightly creamy finish.

3.55/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I'm not an English beer fan. I like this.

Pouring straight from the 'fridge at 33F, it is a nice hazy opaque unfiltered brownish amber. It starts out with a more pop-like fizzy top, a little over-excited, but as it settles it goes into a submission of a nice thin head.

...i'm not giving this much time, because so far it is my favorite offering from this brewery, and I'm liking it more than I expected...

Smell is faint. I'm actually picking up toffee, but, well, my nose isn't the best. Maybe some brown sugar?

Taste is beer. Okay, beer and... um... another creamy sip... um... Citrus. Lemon? ...no... Maybe grapefruit and lime. I'll go with more lime. There is other stuff going on, but... No... The grapefruit wins.

Mouthfeel is quite nice. Each sip is nice and creamy fizzy. I'll re-review this when consuming another one a bit more slowly, but this is quite good.

Finish is clean with a hint of bitter being left behind.

Body is well balanced.

Overall I am liking this. I will try to re-review this soon to confirm my thoughts. I have not been a Four Horsemen fan, but this particular is definite try if you find it. There is something about it different. Different in a way that I'd like the input from others on. It is a worthy try, so please review!

2.75/5  rDev -21.7%

EPA English Pale Ale from Four Horsemen Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.