Icelandic White Ale - Einstök Ölgerð ( Einstök Beer Company )

Icelandic White AleIcelandic White Ale

Einstök Ölgerð ( Einstök Beer Company ) visit their website

Witbier |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: thepeter on 01-10-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
3.98/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Clear Amber color, strong pleasant fruity smell, very small head with moderate lacing, strong sweet lemon taste all the way through, very little aftertaste. Overall good, but not anywhere near my favorite wit, St Bernardus firmly holds that position for me.

4.25/5  rDev +13.9%

Nice appearance. Straw colored and cloudy. Fizzed over a bit on opening. Pineapple and citrus on the nose. Citrus and coriander are apparent. Mildly sweet. Watery mouthfeel. Light, crisp, refreshing beer with wide appeal. Good lunch beer on day after Christmas!

This is about as perfect a witbier as you will find anywhere. It's delicious and refreshing. I keep going back for more. It's as good as anything you can get from Belgium and quite a bit better than Blue Moon Belgian White.

3.66/5  rDev -1.9%

Pale, nearly clear amber colour. Nose is yeasty with a touch of mango and orange. Scent is definitely the best part of this beer. Flavour is crisp, suggesting the finest water is used. However other than a mild hint of coriander the taste is largely forgettable. Overall a pleasant but largely unmemorable beer. Would drink again but wouldn't go out of my way to purchase.

3.76/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

For me this was a refreshing beer. The taste was lighter than other Witbiers I have had. It was a little plain to my nose but I did get a sense of the orange peel. I enjoyed drinking it but would not put it as a favorite.

3.5/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A: Beautiful pale gold with solid white head. Noticeable sediment left in the bottle.

S: Very faint lemongrass and a hint of malt. Aroma diminishes quickly.

T: Extremely clean, refreshing, slightly citrusy. Orange peel and coriander are noticeable, but as accents and not at all overwhelming. Much drier than most white ales.

M: Highly carbonated; fine-ish beads which hold up in hot weather. Relatively smooth.

O: One of the better white beers i've had. Not too heavy, sweet, or fruity. Again, very clean.

4.38/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

When I opened the bottle, the smell immediately hit me; it had the aroma of toasted nuts and orange peel that was subtle yet aromatic.

It's a cloudy pale color and you can't see through the other side. Even though it's cloudy (due to it being unfiltered), the body isn't heavy or thick at all.

The best part is the taste. As the beer fills your mouth, you get hit with the citrus and coriander immediately. It feels like a carbonated drink, but calms down shortly after. It's a very refreshing and subtle beer with a mildly strong flavor. It carries many of the best aspects of other beers that I enjoy. Even though it's a proper witbier, it's one of the better ones I've tasted thus far. No hint of lasting bitterness.

Even though it feels and tastes like a pale ale, the aftertaste is quite subtle and less intrusive. It was surprising after the first wave of flavor hit me. I'm left with a citrus and toasty (due to the oats) aftertaste that makes me want to drink more.

2.87/5  rDev -23.1%

I hate to go against the community, but I was unimpressed. I can appreciate subtle beer and this definitely is subtle, but I often found myself wondering if I was drinking beer flavored club soda. Personally I prefer a brighter white beer with a bit more impact. This has it's place and I would buy it again, but it just kind of struck me as "just being there".

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Icelandic White Ale from Einstök Ölgerð ( Einstök Beer Company )