Sunrise Mill Saison - Round Guys Brewing Company

Round Guys Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  7.10% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: woodychandler on 07-16-2013)
Reviews by micropale:

IdrinkGas, Jun 02, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +5%

bigfnjoe, Oct 28, 2013
3.65/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I am really starting to love walking into The Friendly Greek and eyeballing what they have in their singles cooler. This one was hidden and I uncovered it during today's visit. Photo forthcoming, needless to say.

The pour got me two fingers of dense, bone-white head that looked like meringue before it began to wilt in the face of today's heat and humidity. Color was an oh-so-slightly-hazy lemon-yellow. Nose had that indescribable spicy funkiness of saison. I do not mind a few saisons at a time, but it is when I try to make a day of them that I begin to bog down. The yeast adds a je ne sais quoi that, for me, a little goes a long way. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium and the taste was of black pepper, lemon zest and must. Must you?!? Hee hee. It is really interesting the tang that saisons have on my tongue. That is part of their appeal and their drawback for me as I am a hophead and hops have little to do with this style. Finish was dry with a slightly cheesy flavor remaining on the extreme finish. My my.

woodychandler, Jul 16, 2013

Phillyz, Oct 03, 2013

brez8791, Nov 18, 2013
3.25/5  rDev -9%

BigMike, Sep 27, 2013
Sunrise Mill Saison from Round Guys Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.