Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer - Unity Vibration

Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha BeerTriple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer

Unity Vibration visit their website

American Wild Ale |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: MarcatGSB on 01-06-2012)
Reviews by Dope:
3.55/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A: Pours a hazy light pink. Small fizzy light pink head. Soda-like really. Fizzes out very quickly. No lacing and minimal head retention. Looks like raspberry seltzer water basically.

S: Smell is subtle. Raspberry soda? Somewhat tart.

T: Yup. Raspberry soda. Sweet raspberry, pure and simple. Raspberry turns lightly tart, almost vinegary into the finish. Light bitterness. Very dry, moisture-sucking aftertaste.

M: Surprisingly light for an 8% brew. Crisp and dry.

O: Honestly not bad. It's sweet raspberry soda up front, reminds me of a Lindeman's. The tartness and drying effect in the finish gives it a decent contrast at least. Hard to rate this one, it doesn't taste like beer, per say. But it's pretty tasty for...an 8% alcoholic raspberry soda?

Dope, Mar 23, 2014

3.25/5  rDev +7.6%

Griffith, Feb 26, 2014

Betajeff, Apr 30, 2014
2.95/5  rDev -2.3%

Pours a light pink grapefruit pink with no head but for a small rim of white bubbles. Look like water with a couple of drops of cranberry juice dropped in.

Nose is a non-descript light fruit/berry sweet sour. Hints of apple vinegar and hints of spice

Mouthfeel is actually medium bodied fresh but with almost no carbonation.

Flavor profile is a surprise. It tastes more like a berry soda than a beer; no hops, little, if any, wile ale character - it just does not taste like beer. It tastes like a decent very sweet berry (of some sort) soda ale. There is a hint of "sweet/sour" in the flavors. You'd give this to your kids if you didn't know better.

I believe that it's supposed to be a sour wild ale - it misses a bit, except for the finish where there is a slight light sour finish. I get zero hop character whatsoever in nose or flavor profile

Finish is assertive, light citric berry with some berry spice with just a hint of sour.

Conclusion: You like sweet berry soda - this is for you.

You want a raspberry "toned" beer that "shows" the hops that's supposed to be in this one, or perhaps you want something like a framboise lambic or gueuze? Well, perhaps this is not for you.

I'd give it a 5 for a ginger ale soda. However, as an "American Wild Ale" I'm not so sure that it hit its mark. More soda than beer, despite the fact that I like it. Judging is going to be tuff for this one.

GRG1313, Jun 19, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +40.7%

epim00, Jan 02, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -25.5%

incubuscience, Jul 22, 2013
1.54/5  rDev -49%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.5

Appearance. Pours a peachy pink with no head, looks pretty still.

Smell. Nail polish and vinegar. Maybe a little raspberry. Not good if that description didn't cover it. (Rating this as a beer since it says "beer" prominently on the label. I have zero kombucha experience.)

Taste. Very sweet, fake raspberry flavour, weird funky nail polish (or at least how I imagine nail polish would taste from the smell), and malt vinegar.

Mouthfeel. Medium body, low side of medium carbonation.

Overall. Interesting as a morbid curiosity. Kinda turns me off as far as trying any other kombusha drinks goes. Love the concept and brewing method (as listed on the bottle) but this isn't working for me.

Rutager, Nov 09, 2014

Vinegar, sweet fruit, smells like finger nail polish..Uhhh... super fruity taste, hurts to swallow. Thanks Whole Foods? Fungus? Wtf is this? Pours bright red, No carbonation

LakerLeith, Nov 19, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -50.3%

MrJolly, Aug 08, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -42.1%

tommy5, Sep 04, 2013
3.05/5  rDev +1%

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. Acquired this beer in a mixed 4 pack with the Unity Vibration Triple-Goddess Ginger Kombucha Beer. My second kombucha beer from Unity Vibration. Expectations are a bit higher than my previous experience. Hopefully this one won't gush all over everything.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter glass.

A - Thankfully it wasn't a gusher. Pours a somewhat artificial pink grapefruit / strawberry colored body with some dark sediment at the bottom of the glass. No head, but a thin ring of fat white bubbles. Looks almost like a Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita.

S - Smell is basically what you would expect from a kombucha beer. Some tart fermented raspberry, a sour pungent vinegar aroma, & some alcohol fumes burning the nostrils. No hops or barrel characteristics present.

T - Taste is pretty much all kombucha, and no beer. Sour fermented raspberry, semi-artificial strawberry flavor, tart vinegar, white sugar, and some alcohol heat. Definitely retains that bacterial kombucha taste, but it mostly just tastes like alcoholic kombucha. Again, I'm not tasting any hops or barrel flavors.

M - Feel is sticky, sweet, and sour. Sugary and tart.

Overall, as a kombucha and beer lover, I was slightly disappointed with this offering. It basically just tasted like regular kombucha with a lot of nail polish remover booze heat. I'm glad I got to try it for novelty's sake, and I look forward to trying the others, but in the future I will be skipping this one.

Unity Vibration Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer ---3/5.

mfnmbvp, Sep 17, 2013

JimmyAloysius, Jul 05, 2014
3.53/5  rDev +16.9%

A friend of mine picked a bottle Unity Vibration's Triple-Goddess Raspberry for $3.49 at The Lager Mill. I'm not a big fan of American Wild Ale's and I have never tried Kombucha, so I don't know what to expect, so lets see how it goes. It didn't have a bottling date but I think it's fairly fresh. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a snifter.

A- The label looks good and it has some nice info on the back to let you know it was open air fermented, oak barrel aged, bottled conditioned, unpasteurized, and unfiltered, which is good to know. This one was a gusher and quickly had to be poured, it poured a hazy pink color, with a good amount of a pinkish white head that died down to nothing after a while. It looks ok to me.

S- This beer had a pretty intense aroma, the first thing I picked up was a very dominating apple cider vinegar aroma, but after it warmed up a little I started to pick up more of the fermented raspberrys and some other aromas that I think have come from the Kombucha. The strong vinegar smell was a little of putting but the other aromas were nice.

T- This beer tasted quite different from how it smelled, the apple cider vinegar didn't really come through but there was a good amount of acidity, some fermented raspberrys that were a little tart, then comes a a couple weird flavors that I think are the Kombucha and because it was open air fermented. I could taste a slight bit of alcohol, but not much for a beer that's 8.10%. This beer had a good and interesting taste.

M- Tart, bubbly, on the light side of being medium bodied, and it had a high amount of prickly carbonation that seemed a little over done and almost champagne like.

Overall I thought that this was a good beer that had some pretty intense and interesting flavors. I don't think this beer has that great of drinkability, it would be hard for me to take a bottle down by myself, I think the intense flavors and carbonation would get to me after a while and I might need some antacid as a chaser. What I liked most about this beer was it's intense and unique flavor, the combination worked well and made for an interesting beer to drink. What I liked least about this beer was the prickly carbonation, I would have liked the carbonation more beer like then champagne like. I would think about getting a bottle of this once in a while but it is nothing I could drink on a regular basis. This beer is worth giving a shot, and since it isn't as funky as some of the other Wild Ales out there this may make for a more user friendly entree into the style. I am glad I got to try this beer, it might be time to give Wild Ales another chance.

StoutHunter, Jan 08, 2012

Ohiovania, Jun 15, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -17.2%

Morakaton, May 10, 2014
3.14/5  rDev +4%

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

DISCLAIMER: This is not actually a beer. It's a fermented kombucha culture that's fruited/spiced and hopped. There is no malt used whatsoever. Just saying.

Now that the legal mumbo-jumbo's out of the way, this stuff pours a clear rosé topped by a halo of ephemeral froth. The nose comprises sweetly tart raspberry, light rose petals, and a kiss of sweetgrass. The taste brings in more of the same, similar to a Jones cream soda that just happens to have a pervasive tartness to it. The body is a lithe medium, with a very light moderate carbonation and a fairly dry finish. Overall, a decent enough sour-raz concoction, but not something I could really see myself drinking too many of at any given time. It's a bit too sour candy-like, if that makes any sense.

TMoney2591, Mar 13, 2013