Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer - Unity Vibration

Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha BeerTriple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer

Unity Vibration visit their website

American Wild Ale |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: MarcatGSB on 01-06-2012)
4.5/5  rDev +49%

DeadeyeOTDO, Nov 03, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +49%

GrindFatherBob, Feb 14, 2013

epim00, Jan 02, 2014

sammyg832, Jun 27, 2014

beernads, Jul 03, 2013
4.2/5  rDev +39.1%

Purchased from the Keweenaw Co-Op in Hancock MI. Poured from 22 oz. bottle into pint glass.

A: Pours a hazy pink hue with a vibrantly sparse white head.

N: Big raspberry, and fermented fruit. Kombucha is really coming through.

T: This is tasty. A nice combination of Kombucha and a big kick of tart raspberry, followed by some real funk and tang!

M: Lively, fun. Light in body, not syrupy at all. Very refreshing.

D and O: This was fun, and I am so excited to have tried this beer. A great gluten-free option, and it's open air fermented! How can you argue with that? A stand out for me in the realm of new styles, absolutely a joy to drink.

MarcatGSB, Jan 06, 2012

Ohiovania, Jun 15, 2014

sliverX, Aug 11, 2013

ranokmai, Aug 26, 2013
3.55/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A: Pours a hazy light pink. Small fizzy light pink head. Soda-like really. Fizzes out very quickly. No lacing and minimal head retention. Looks like raspberry seltzer water basically.

S: Smell is subtle. Raspberry soda? Somewhat tart.

T: Yup. Raspberry soda. Sweet raspberry, pure and simple. Raspberry turns lightly tart, almost vinegary into the finish. Light bitterness. Very dry, moisture-sucking aftertaste.

M: Surprisingly light for an 8% brew. Crisp and dry.

O: Honestly not bad. It's sweet raspberry soda up front, reminds me of a Lindeman's. The tartness and drying effect in the finish gives it a decent contrast at least. Hard to rate this one, it doesn't taste like beer, per say. But it's pretty tasty for...an 8% alcoholic raspberry soda?

Dope, Mar 23, 2014
3.53/5  rDev +16.9%

A friend of mine picked a bottle Unity Vibration's Triple-Goddess Raspberry for $3.49 at The Lager Mill. I'm not a big fan of American Wild Ale's and I have never tried Kombucha, so I don't know what to expect, so lets see how it goes. It didn't have a bottling date but I think it's fairly fresh. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a snifter.

A- The label looks good and it has some nice info on the back to let you know it was open air fermented, oak barrel aged, bottled conditioned, unpasteurized, and unfiltered, which is good to know. This one was a gusher and quickly had to be poured, it poured a hazy pink color, with a good amount of a pinkish white head that died down to nothing after a while. It looks ok to me.

S- This beer had a pretty intense aroma, the first thing I picked up was a very dominating apple cider vinegar aroma, but after it warmed up a little I started to pick up more of the fermented raspberrys and some other aromas that I think have come from the Kombucha. The strong vinegar smell was a little of putting but the other aromas were nice.

T- This beer tasted quite different from how it smelled, the apple cider vinegar didn't really come through but there was a good amount of acidity, some fermented raspberrys that were a little tart, then comes a a couple weird flavors that I think are the Kombucha and because it was open air fermented. I could taste a slight bit of alcohol, but not much for a beer that's 8.10%. This beer had a good and interesting taste.

M- Tart, bubbly, on the light side of being medium bodied, and it had a high amount of prickly carbonation that seemed a little over done and almost champagne like.

Overall I thought that this was a good beer that had some pretty intense and interesting flavors. I don't think this beer has that great of drinkability, it would be hard for me to take a bottle down by myself, I think the intense flavors and carbonation would get to me after a while and I might need some antacid as a chaser. What I liked most about this beer was it's intense and unique flavor, the combination worked well and made for an interesting beer to drink. What I liked least about this beer was the prickly carbonation, I would have liked the carbonation more beer like then champagne like. I would think about getting a bottle of this once in a while but it is nothing I could drink on a regular basis. This beer is worth giving a shot, and since it isn't as funky as some of the other Wild Ales out there this may make for a more user friendly entree into the style. I am glad I got to try this beer, it might be time to give Wild Ales another chance.

StoutHunter, Jan 08, 2012
3.5/5  rDev +15.9%

mctizzz, Jun 02, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +15.9%

Doublicious, Oct 26, 2014
3.36/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - I have never seen a beer that is this shade of pink. Further, the sediment in this beer is unbelievable. It looks like a dead caterpillar is floating in my beer. I stuck my finger in the glass, and confirmed it to be a weird lump of sediment.

Smell - The aroma smells like a milder sour ale. There is some spice to the smell, but it is not overwhelming.

Taste - My first thought was that this tastes like fizzy fruit punch. The initial notes are sour, but the taste seems to grow weaker with each sip. By the end, the fruitiness has gone from tart raspberry to Hi-C fruit punch.

Mouthfeel - The beer was very carbonated. As previously noted, there is a lot of sediment. I could not bring myself to drink, because I was afraid it would be like downing a bucket of beach water.

Overall - I love the stuff Unity Vibration is making, but this is not one of their better efforts.

JohnnyHopps, Oct 26, 2013