Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer - Unity Vibration

Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha BeerTriple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer

Unity Vibration visit their website

American Wild Ale |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: MarcatGSB on 01-06-2012)
3.32/5  rDev +11.4%

Joshua-C-Doe, Aug 22, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -49.7%

MrJolly, Aug 08, 2014
2.98/5  rDev 0%

Bright pink and bubbly, like a sparkling rose. Soft vinegar funk mixed with a dash of earthy hops, lemon peel, barely any raspberry. Flavor is much sweeter, offering up smooth raspberry jam and more earthiness to balance the bacterial bite.

Really, the biggest flavor you get out this and all the kombucha beers is vinegar. If you need a sour fix, they'll do. But it's white vinegar -- funky, sharp, biting. I'm more of a balsamic man, myself.

Phelps, Jul 29, 2014

JAHMUR, Apr 29, 2014

Filabee, Apr 05, 2014

ambruns1979, Apr 03, 2014
3.55/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A: Pours a hazy light pink. Small fizzy light pink head. Soda-like really. Fizzes out very quickly. No lacing and minimal head retention. Looks like raspberry seltzer water basically.

S: Smell is subtle. Raspberry soda? Somewhat tart.

T: Yup. Raspberry soda. Sweet raspberry, pure and simple. Raspberry turns lightly tart, almost vinegary into the finish. Light bitterness. Very dry, moisture-sucking aftertaste.

M: Surprisingly light for an 8% brew. Crisp and dry.

O: Honestly not bad. It's sweet raspberry soda up front, reminds me of a Lindeman's. The tartness and drying effect in the finish gives it a decent contrast at least. Hard to rate this one, it doesn't taste like beer, per say. But it's pretty tasty for...an 8% alcoholic raspberry soda?

Dope, Mar 23, 2014

chefbigjon, Mar 09, 2014

Griffith, Feb 26, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +42.6%

epim00, Jan 02, 2014

mush, Dec 25, 2013

TechBrew, Nov 05, 2013
3.36/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - I have never seen a beer that is this shade of pink. Further, the sediment in this beer is unbelievable. It looks like a dead caterpillar is floating in my beer. I stuck my finger in the glass, and confirmed it to be a weird lump of sediment.

Smell - The aroma smells like a milder sour ale. There is some spice to the smell, but it is not overwhelming.

Taste - My first thought was that this tastes like fizzy fruit punch. The initial notes are sour, but the taste seems to grow weaker with each sip. By the end, the fruitiness has gone from tart raspberry to Hi-C fruit punch.

Mouthfeel - The beer was very carbonated. As previously noted, there is a lot of sediment. I could not bring myself to drink, because I was afraid it would be like downing a bucket of beach water.

Overall - I love the stuff Unity Vibration is making, but this is not one of their better efforts.

JohnnyHopps, Oct 26, 2013
3.03/5  rDev +1.7%

Picked this up at the Fairway in Woodland Park last week, having never had anything from Unity Vibration or an American Wild ale, for that matter. The description on the bottle intrigued me to the point where I couldn't wait to give this a go. While I couldn't taste the hops, or the aging from the barrel, or anything aromatic, this was certainly a memorable beer...er, beverage. Since one of the other reviewers on here mentioned that this didn't have any malt in it, then where did this fall? After downing the entire bottle, I'm still not sure that I'm even qualified to answer that!

I can't say that I've ever had a beer...er, shit...whatever this is, that poured pink. Maybe pink lemonade during a birthday party when I was 8 but since then, nothing I've drank even remotely came close to looking like this. It poured like a poor man's Lambic and had the appearance of one, with the center being cloudy and a head like champagne. Lots of vinegar and acetate in the nose, which led me unable to get a good whiff of this. Tons of carbonation but not a strong head and hardly any lacing to be seen. Then there's the taste: faintly sweet, oddly sour, somewhat bubbly, and overall cheap. Hops? Forget it? Malt? Nowhere to be found. Alcohol? It's there but I had to down most of the bottle to feel that too. A bit of cloudy sediment could be found here and there was some pink lemon, raspberry, and champagne which combined to give this a lighter-than-light impression on me. Why isn't this a Lambic? Why isn't this brewed as one? I don't know my beers enough but this just seemed too....domestic to be wild.

Yes, there's alcohol in here but that seems to be a blessing rather than any type of accompaniment or curse. This almost reminded me of one of these Rose, blend, or Zinfandel wines that snobs look down on but is still technically considered wine. Somehow, this made the cut on here but with such a weak body, lack of a hop profile, and absence of malt, the Kombucha in its place ensured that this fell on an entirely different level. There's nothing out there even remotely close to this, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on what you're seeking out. Worth a try once just to see what's possible to ferment and bottle.

JerzDevl2000, Oct 18, 2013
3.05/5  rDev +2.3%

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. Acquired this beer in a mixed 4 pack with the Unity Vibration Triple-Goddess Ginger Kombucha Beer. My second kombucha beer from Unity Vibration. Expectations are a bit higher than my previous experience. Hopefully this one won't gush all over everything.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter glass.

A - Thankfully it wasn't a gusher. Pours a somewhat artificial pink grapefruit / strawberry colored body with some dark sediment at the bottom of the glass. No head, but a thin ring of fat white bubbles. Looks almost like a Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita.

S - Smell is basically what you would expect from a kombucha beer. Some tart fermented raspberry, a sour pungent vinegar aroma, & some alcohol fumes burning the nostrils. No hops or barrel characteristics present.

T - Taste is pretty much all kombucha, and no beer. Sour fermented raspberry, semi-artificial strawberry flavor, tart vinegar, white sugar, and some alcohol heat. Definitely retains that bacterial kombucha taste, but it mostly just tastes like alcoholic kombucha. Again, I'm not tasting any hops or barrel flavors.

M - Feel is sticky, sweet, and sour. Sugary and tart.

Overall, as a kombucha and beer lover, I was slightly disappointed with this offering. It basically just tasted like regular kombucha with a lot of nail polish remover booze heat. I'm glad I got to try it for novelty's sake, and I look forward to trying the others, but in the future I will be skipping this one.

Unity Vibration Triple-Goddess Raspberry Kombucha Beer ---3/5.

mfnmbvp, Sep 17, 2013