1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bourbon Peach - Unity Vibration

Bourbon PeachBourbon Peach

Unity Vibration visit their website

American Wild Ale |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: merc7186 on 05-29-2013)
View: Beers (4) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 43 | Reviews: 5 | Show All Ratings:
emerge077

3.55/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in a tulip at Decofest, thanks to Dan for sharing!
Quick review from written notes.

Pale and hazy, pastel lemon color. Thin layer of white foam fades fast to a thin ring around the edges. Minimal spotty lace.

Lemon cookie aroma, light citrus.

Mildly tart with a vinegary twang form the kombucha, some sweetness, maybe from the peach, but not much in the way of defined peach taste, more like wafer candy. Lower carbonation, juice-like. Overall interesting to try, but I wouldn't drink a whole bottle myself.

09-22-2013 04:50:28 | More by emerge077
mfnmbvp

3.38/5  rDev -1.2%

22 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. My first encounter with a legitimate kombucha beer, and I couldn't be more excited. I probably bought the least accessible of the bunch that I saw at Binny's, but whatever. I love kombucha, and I love beer, so the results here are bound to be interesting. "Made in Michigan".

Poured into a clear balloon snifter glass.

A - Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. My first encounter with a legitimate "gusher" of a beer, this thing sprayed champagne like bubbles and liquid all over my table and my phone. Aside from that, after the bubbles settle, the actual body of the beer is a pale straw lemon color with some tiny specks of dark sediment lingering at the bottom. Steady bubbles geysering to the top of the glass. Active & alive appearance.

S - Smell is deceiving, and when paired with the appearance, almost made me think twice about drinking this one. A sour, tart, stale vinegar aroma. Maybe some sun-dried peach / apricot in there also. An off-putting aroma, but I've learned from drinking actual kombucha not to let that deceive you. It mostly just smells like easter egg dye, to me.

T - Taste is a step up from the sticky appearance and lousy aroma. Authentic fresh tart peach juice, crisp carbonation, kombucha-esque bacterial cultures, white sugar, and vinegar. Not really pulling out any bourbon barrel flavors, sadly enough. Alcohol is very well hidden; it tastes almost like a regular kombucha.

M - Feel ends fruity, sticky, sugary, and sweet. Clearly there was tons of carbonation in my beer, and not flat, like others have noted. A happy ending to what began as a disaster.

Overall, I'd say it is a nice middle ground for kombucha and beer lovers, like myself. Clearly this wasn't the most "accessible" of the bunch, but it is definitely a unique beer experience. Definitely recommended to all odd beer lovers, and lovers of kombucha as well. Looking forward to trying the others.

Unity Vibration Bourbon Peach ---3.5/5

09-06-2013 22:04:32 | More by mfnmbvp
JohnnyHopps

Indiana

4.09/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I believe this to be a case where the scores on BA are deceiving. This is a unique sour that I would recommend to seek. The bubbles were so excited to get out that they jumped onto to my kitchen floor. This is a hazard of wild ales. The ale was poured into a tulip as a nice yellow color. The aroma was the least pleasing part of the beer. Vinegary like most sours, the aroma also resembled a mediciny peach. On the initial taste, one gets the acidity of a sour, bubbly peach, woody bourbon, and a mild hint of something like diet cola. The tea notes are also present. In the aftertaste, one detects a tart apple acidity. I thought the texture was a little thick for a wild. Based on the carbonation exploding from the bottle, this is fairly surprising. The benefit of this is that extra staying power is gives to the taste. Overall, I thought this beer is quite nice and apparently victimized by bad reviews.

08-01-2013 01:52:36 | More by JohnnyHopps
Auror

4.06/5  rDev +18.7%

From Blind Bif 8. Bottle marked <8% and poured into my rinsed out snifter. Once more into the brink!

Poured pale, pale cloudy yellow. Looks like lemon juice. No real lasting head. Damn this looks like lemonade. (4)

I smelled the bottle before pouring and audibly proclaimed “What the fuck!” Smells sour and funky and delicious. Thinking this is a Berliner Weisse from smell and appearance. It’s got a lot of vinegar and also lemon/citrus. It also smells like sugar, not just sweet, actual sugar. (4)

Oh man. This is sweeet, but also sour. Like odd lemonade that is presumably alcoholic. Although I guess 0 is < 8%, which is the only clue I have to go on. There is some slight wheat at the back end, which makes me again assume Berliner Weisse. The sweetness of it is kind of unusual though, I haven’t had an unfruited Berliner this sweet. I’m not sure there’s any fruit in here, though, unless it is lemon. I love me some lemonade though. Should have started with this today, great way to beat the heat (4.25).

Smooth, but with a little carbonation prickle. Light and nice and simple. (4)

It doesn’t quite taste like a Berliner, mostly because of the sweetness. It really just tastes like lemonade, heavy on the sugar, fermented as a beer. As a fan of sweet, but also sour beers, I’m a fan. Damn this is sour though. Not sure most people would like this. (3.75)

This is a 22oz bomber. I haven’t had Oarsman from Bell’s, so I was leaning towards that, but that only comes in 12oz from what I can see. I think New Glarus Berliner Weisse, another Midwest brew, is 12oz too. I don’t know any other Midwest Berliners… so stumped again. Damn you Abraxel.

The reveal…holy shit! From Unity Vibration, this is their Bourbon Peach Kombucha beer! I don’t think I’ve ever had Kombucha before, so that definitely was a hindrance in picking out that flavor, haha. What an interesting beer. I don’t get much bourbon, even after knowing it’s there. Maybe it contributes to the sweetness, certainly the alcohol content. That 7% was a bit surprising! Peach I can get behind, although it’s a very citrusy peachiness, since there’s a definite wild sourness component, but I can pick it out now. It’s like a peach iced tea with citric acid poured into it. Thank you, Abraxel for this great blind choice!

07-05-2013 14:06:21 | More by Auror
CloudStrife

3.81/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

22oz bottle split and poured into a tulip. Best by 04/23/14.

A: Pours a hazy light straw yellow with no head. Leaves a lot of bubbles on the sides. No real lacing.

S: Sweet blend of bourbon and peach. Has a sour aspect to it as well with a fruity Brett yeast characteristic. Mild in most departments, peach is the strongest on the nose. Almost an oakiness.

T: Quite a complex flavor going o here. Obvious peach, bourbon gives you a kick, and sour brings up the rear. There is a lot of sweetness as well. Sort of reminds me of a flavored malt liquor mixed with a tasty sour beer.

M: Light body with pretty high carbonation. A bit of stickiness to it from all the sweetness. Very crisp yet certainly a sipper.

Overall an enjoyable beer that is definitely worth a try. Not sure if the bourbon compliments the sour aspect of this beer but i enjoy the approach.

06-18-2013 01:32:23 | More by CloudStrife