Bourbon Peach - Unity Vibration

Bourbon PeachBourbon Peach

Unity Vibration visit their website

American Wild Ale |  7.00% ABV

Beer added by: merc7186 on 05-29-2013

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 99 | Reviews: 17
3.85/5  rDev +14.6%

3.66/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.39/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

3.5/5  rDev +4.2%

3.51/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

The first time I had this it was on draught. Didn't really care for it, approaching it like a beer. Shut up. This is nothing like beer. It is however a delicious and complex fermented beverage. I've tried it twice since, both times in bottle and I have come to appreciate it more each time. As the Irishman said as he kissed his cow, "to each his own".

2.1/5  rDev -37.5%

Kombucha shouldn't be used in beers. This was overwhelming to all my senses, from an overtly pungent nose, to a mess on the palate with peach and kombucha, to a minimal watery bourbon notes.

1.55/5  rDev -53.9%

Such a bad beer. On all levels avoid this crap

2.63/5  rDev -21.7%

This might be the worst thing I have ever tasted. The peaches tasted rotten and the bourbon must have been the cheapest out there. Stay away from this beer

One of my very favorites. This is a real treat. I must admit a bias to you that I love n adore Kombucha. I purchase different company's bottled non alcoholic weekly... As well have my own Kombucha at home that I make my own recipes from. So needless to say this is my new favorite type of beer.

1.42/5  rDev -57.7%

This is wretched. Smells and tastes like a bottle of nail polish remover. The acetone is out of control. It pours mostly flat and a pale clear, uh, peach hue that looks fairly standard, but one whiff will melt your nose hairs. I managed to a few sips and was able to suss out a bit of peach coming through, but this was noxious. No hint of interesting sour complexity I'd expect from kombucha, no bourbon, just acetone.

Undrinkable.

3.11/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

4.16/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I'm not sure a lot of reviewers understand that this isn't technically beer... it's gluten free because it has no grain at all! In fact I didn't even expect to find this on BA. But now I'm learning there are alcoholic ginger beers on this site as well, which in my opinion (delicious as they can be) are not technically beers. (Fermented grain, anyone??)

It seems as if some reviewers have taken to it like a sour, that is the closest beer approximation, but if you don't like kombucha (fermented tea) to begin with, I don't see you liking this "beer".

Anyway, I loved it. The alcohol is masked quite well. The strongest flavors are the tangy-tart vinegar qualities of the kombucha followed by a blast of sweet peach. The bourbon influence hits you towards the end. It's unmistakeable but rather absurd at first. It didn't meld with me until a few sips in. (The same way The Anvil Bourbon Cider worked its magic on me.) It could tone down its sweetness and be perfect. Looking forward to trying more from Unity! But don't mistake it, it's not exactly what we call beer...

3.2/5  rDev -4.8%

3.65/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

3.7/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

3.75/5  rDev +11.6%

1.25/5  rDev -62.8%

One of two beers that i have dumped out. Awful.

3.5/5  rDev +4.2%

A - Very pale, like very pale apple juice, and murky. No head, just a little cling. Hope it is not flat.

S - Sweet fruit, wood, sour tart nose.

T - Oh, yea, carbonated. And pretty tasty. Very sweet, like a mead, with a slight wild side.

M - Medium body, good carb and balance.

D - One and done. Pleasant enough.

3.65/5  rDev +8.6%

3.6/5  rDev +7.1%

3.35/5  rDev -0.3%

3.25/5  rDev -3.3%

3.24/5  rDev -3.6%

3.9/5  rDev +16.1%

Beer? Peach and bourbon. Very tart finish. Sligtly sweet.

4.3/5  rDev +28%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Bourbon Peach from Unity Vibration