Follow our progress ...

Chocolate Milk Stout | 4 Hands Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Chocolate Milk StoutChocolate Milk Stout

4 Hands Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States | website

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Our chocolate milk stout pours black as the night sky with aromas of dark chocolate, chocolate malt, & more chocolate. With a firm, tan head & a rich velvety mouthfeel our Chocolate Milk Stout is a perfect addition to the change of seasons. Brewed with two pounds of cacoa nibs per barrel this beer is a chocolate lovers dream!

Added by JoEBoBpr on 12-29-2012

Reviews: 78 | Ratings: 597
Reviews by zeff80:
4.12/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A - Opaque, jet-black color with a one-finger,light brown head of foam. It left sticky rings of lace on the glass.

S - It smelled of sweet milk chocolate and cocoa nibs.

T - Good chocolate flavor like cocoa nibs, some roastiness and just a touch of bitterness.

M - It was crisp and smooth. A medium bodied ale with a clean finish.

O -This is a really delicious beer. I can't say enough about how much every 4 Hands beer impressed me. Keep 'em coming.

4.56/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4 Hands is one of, if not my absolute favorite brewery in my home state of Missouri. I've yet to have a beer from them that I didn't enjoy and this is no different. I've always been hesitantly curious about chocolate beers, so its only been recently that I've decided to get over that and try them. This was the first one that made me get on board. Its a dark beer (black/dark brown) with a very sweet milky/chocolate scent. To me I pick up a slight hint of coffee as well. Taste is similar as well, with the back end tasting something along the lines of Hershey's chocolate syrup. It is not overly heavy, which is something I enjoy, so this one will be in my lineup during its season with us.

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%

4.07/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

4.11/5  rDev +4.3%

Pours deep black in color with little head. Smells of chocolate and tastes of it as well. Not my favorite chocolate stout but very drinkable.

4.1/5  rDev +4.1%

3.18/5  rDev -19.3%

Dark and a bit thin looking. Resembles Coke. Minimal head. Strong chocolate nose with a little bit of coffee. Fairly mild coffee flavor with definite sweetness. That sweetness is just kind of sugary and hollow, though. Bit of a coffee finish.

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Pours a dark black color with a fingers worth of dark tan head. The smell is sweet and chocolatey. The taste chocolate and malt, very good balance of the two. The mouthfeel is very creamy like you'd expect a milk stout to be. I enjoy this beer very much.

3.99/5  rDev +1.3%

Black in color with no light penetrating this brew. A fingernail of khaki colored head rests on top. Brussels lacing. I smell lactose,chocolate, and dark malt. The flavor is bitter dark malt in the front of the palate. There's a restrained amount of chocolate and lactose present. The mouth is smooth and creamy.

4.56/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

3.77/5  rDev -4.3%

4.17/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.7/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Chocolate Milk Stout from 4 Hands Brewing Co.