Hoyner Pilsner - Hoyne Brewing Co.

Hoyner PilsnerHoyner Pilsner

Hoyne Brewing Co. visit their website
British Columbia, Canada

German Pilsener |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: LampertLand on 01-30-2012

On the third night, I handed my sweetie a tall slender Pilsner. Perfectly poured. While holding it up and gazing either at it, or through it at me, she said softly, “you are so fine to me.” It was hard to tell if she meant to be heard. “Ambiguity, thy Name is Woman”, I nearly uttered. Whether she was speaking to me, or to the beer, it was merely semantics. The deal was sealed. I would make it my life”s work to make fine beer.
to view more.
Ratings: 32 | Reviews: 7
4.15/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A very nice Pilsner, crisp and clean.
I feel that the Longwood Pilsner from Nanaimo on Vancouver Isl. beats the Hoyne
by a few points though

4.25/5  rDev +8.1%

An excellent example of a nice, crisp, flavorful Pilsner. Everything you want in a pil.

Lived in Germany for four years, and outside of Germany this is the best German Pilsner I've ever had.

4.15/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

650ml bomber poured into tall Pilsner glass 8/8/13

A clear golden yellow with lots of suspended particles throughout, a few streams of bubbles feeding a loose finger of foam that leaves a few thick rings before falling to a thick film

S citrus and cereal, floral honey, plenty of hops, even some tropical notes

T nicely hopped in the mouth to but still has balance, slightly metallic, grassy hops differ from what I was smelling, just a little lemon

M light, crisp and refreshing, plenty of bubble and a it finishes with lots of grass, citrus, and cereal, just a little gritty on the palate

O this was a nice surprise, very easy to drink and lots of flavour in a brew I could session under a sun, hopped right up

I'll grab a few more of these while I'm out this way, well priced and well suited for the season, If you like hoppy pilsners go looking for it

4.77/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

The best Pilsner I've had outside of the Czech Republic. This is what a Pilsner is supposed to taste like. Malty, hoppy, pungent, crisp. It's got everything. This might be the beer I'd take to a desert island. If I could brew any beer I wanted, this would be the benchmark.

4.24/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Clear, golden yellow with a huge white head, good retention & lace.

Huge floral aroma, with a bit of steelie grass. Hops are up front in the flavour as well. This ain't no domestic fake, this is a real pilsner. I could go for a bit more bitterness, but it's good.

Well-attenuated, moderate body is smooth with a crisp finish.

We need more hoppy pils like this!

4.08/5  rDev +3.8%

Hoyne Brewing "Hoyner Pilsner" @ 5.3% served cold from a 650 ml bottle ,
A-poured into a pilsner glass a lovely golden hue , nice head leaving lacing around the glass
S-not strong , pale malts , mild hops
T-how a pilsner should taste , good
MF-nice body , lightly carbonated easy on the palate
Ov-very pleasant beer , I looking forward to more from Hoyne ,
Cheers LampertLand

to view more.
Hoyner Pilsner from Hoyne Brewing Co.