Chasing The Dragon - Free Will Brewing Co.

Chasing The Dragon
No picture uploaded.

Free Will Brewing Co. visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Beer added by: klimoja on 01-14-2014

Reviews by IronLover:

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Excellent. A near perfect example of a double IPA. A tangy front with a great grease fruit nose that follows through to the finish, which lingers subtally and well. Pours nice with a quickly dissipating head and a balanced carbonation. If you haven't heard of Free Will before (like me) this beer is going to put them on the map .

4.25/5  rDev -1.2%

4.65/5  rDev +8.1%

I sat down at a bar stool to drink this beer. This is the optimal position to enjoy this high quality adult beverage. I first ordered for my female friend, because women should be served first. After she was served another woman was waiting for be served so I let her go first. Another woman appeared as she was waiting. In total 7 women were served before me, but I am a modern gentleman so I had no problem waiting. Let me tell you, this beer was worth the wait. I tip my fedora to Free Will Brewing company. The only thing that would have gone better is if I had a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos to go with it.

Overall fedora/10

I don't like IPAs:

Pours thick like vodka that's been in the freezer into a wine glass. Looks like cloudy honey with a little carbonation. A small lacy head leaves traces. Hoppy aroma. At first sip I'm a believer. Up front creamy mouthfeel with grapefruit hop bitterness suspended in viscosity not offending, not harsh but welcoming frequent sips.No alcohol detected at all. (Be careful)Finishes clean I think I heard 200 Ibu. ok you've made the most sublime heaven sent liquid ever tasted.
Very impressed Free Will.

4.72/5  rDev +9.8%

4.25/5  rDev -1.2%

4.39/5  rDev +2.1%

This is just from memory, as I had it as a sample at the brewery. For a free tasting, the pour was a solid 4 oz. Not bad if you ask me.

They claim 200+ IBUs and this beer was dank.. I mean DANK. The hops were so rich with flavor, but not super bitter. I need to get a small fill of this next time I'm in the area.

4.3/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On tap at Canal St. Pub, Reading, PA.

Golden-orange pour, hazy, with a thin cap of white head that left spotty lacing on the glass. In the nose, resinous pine, dank grapefruit, background bready malts. Similar taste, oily, resinous pine, grapefruit and orange peel, some ammonia, bready malts bringing in a good amount of sweetness, but it never quite overpowers the hoppiness, which of course is the way it should be. Some solvent-like booze detectable. Medium body, a bit chewy and sticky. Good overall.

3.92/5  rDev -8.8%

4.5/5  rDev +4.7%

Chasing The Dragon from Free Will Brewing Co.