1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pekoe Tea Pale Ale - I & I Brewing

Pekoe Tea Pale Ale
No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
I & I Brewing visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: FosterJM on 01-31-2012)
Reviews by nycwinter:
4.25/5  rDev n/a

3.25/5  rDev n/a

3.68/5  rDev n/a

On-tap at I&I

Pours an orange color with a white head. Strong citrus aroma, mostly orange and orange peel. There’s a mild tea aroma, and it’s actually nice. Good bready malt aroma, too. The flavor has a fair amount of malt with only light bitterness. Good citrus and orange peel flavor, only a touch of tea character on the palate. Interesting idea and not a bad beer.

4.22/5  rDev n/a

1078th Review on BA
Draft to Pint

On tap @IandI

App- A little bit lighter than the base dark pale. This was still a bit lighter than most of your standard pales. A little bit more yellow.

Smell- Aromatic and a bit floral like the pale but more grainular with the tea addition. A little bitter on the nose as well. A little layered and a little smooth.

Taste- A bit of a thick pale ale with good hops to it. A fair amount of bitter with the addition of the tea and adds a certain level of floralness to the flavor. Very similar to Stone Green Tea minus that distinct Green Tea note.

Mouth- A lighter medium body with a good tinge or floral and bitter behind it. A medium carbonation level as well.

Drink- This thing was pretty good. A good use of the tea and treated well against the flavors. I so far have really liked all of I&I's brews

Pekoe Tea Pale Ale from I & I Brewing
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.