California Common - I & I Brewing

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
I & I Brewing visit their website

California Common / Steam Beer |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: FosterJM on 07-14-2012)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3/5  rDev n/a

3.58/5  rDev n/a

On-tap at I&I

The pour is an amber sort of color with a white head. Rather sweet on the nose. A surprising banana note along with all the bread and malt aromas. A touch of toffee, maybe some yeast, and minimal hop character. The flavor has a pronounced banana flavor as well. Good malt sweetness, a touch of hops, almost no bitterness, and some yeast.

3.85/5  rDev n/a

1388th Review on BA
Draft to Pint

@I&I

App- Very light gold with some shimmery notes behind it. Very translucent with a small one finger head that left quickly and just touches of lace.

Smell- Light and crisp. Had a note of lemon and tangelo with a dry yeast and a bit of earthiness behind it.

Taste- I liked it. It was neither here nor there for ale/lager. Had a bready dry note mixed with the lager notes and a touch of spice from the hop additions.

Mouth- A bit light in body with a nice carbonation level. Residual lemon and yeast.

Drink- Nice little beer. Chuck put his own spin on it with the yeast and hops. Nice.

3.68/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On-tap at the source itself in a plastic 14 ounce cup. On to the beer:

Little head retention on top this rusted copper beer, although a little lace does leave its mark. There's hope for this California Common, as the aroma is fruity and uniquely citrusy. This preludes the taste, which is both flavorful and refreshing. It's citrus flavor is appealing, the doughy baseline gives the beer a sourdough-like flavor. There's a brighter citrus note which acts as a second wind to the citrus already in place. Minerals too. Per style, I & I's version is just about on the spot.

3.5/5  rDev n/a

California Common from I & I Brewing
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.