2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Nuendo - Tired Hands Brewing Company

Nuendo
No picture uploaded.

Tired Hands Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: tobelerone on 07-31-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 8 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
Thorpe429

3.35/5  rDev +5.3%

On tap at Tired Hands. Served in stemware. Pours a slightly-hazy yellow color. I think I liked this more than most. Nose comes off with a bit of sorghum, but otherwise heads into faint spice and a bit of American hops. Flavor has additional sorghum character accompanied by a light honey presence. Bit of pepper and yeast character. Touch of mild bitterness through the finish. My only complaint is that this has a bit of a sorghum character, but that’s pretty hard to avoid in this type of beer. Overall, pretty enjoyable.

12-16-2012 19:42:26 | More by Thorpe429
BARFLYB

3.88/5  rDev +22%

On Tap at the Brew Cafe

Nuendo poured out a bit lighter than the lil lady. Nuendo has a lighter orange look with more glazy yellow spots like sunshine. As always a nice whisp of bright white head up top leaving some notches. Smell is fairly weak in pungency but the scents are all there. The sorghum used is nessled in between some Amarillo and cascade hop scent, bringing some citrus in. Floral as well with some underlining malt. Taste is a whole lot better than that tweason ale I had from DFH, that was nasty, Nuendo is bearable and quite delicious in a light way. Taste of some honey, amarillo/cascade hop citrus tastes, grapefruit, mango ,etc. The sorghum is not that large and obtrusive. Feel i light bodied and lightly carbed up, a step below what I am used to at TH. A good effort for a gluten free product, and something I can dig, yet not drink tons of.

08-13-2012 15:05:32 | More by BARFLYB
tobelerone

Connecticut

3.45/5  rDev +8.5%

On tap at the brewpub. Im not a celiac so I don't usual seek out gluten free beers but thought I'd give this one a shot. Even Jean told me he couldn't see sitting down and drinking 16 ounces of this but I have to admit it's better than the few others I've tried.

Pours a very attractive lightly hazed golden color with a nice sized white head that settles slowly. Strong lacing. Sweet honey aroma with some citrusy hop notes and typical saison yeast; thankfully I detect little in the way of sorghum save a vague grassiness. The flavor follows suit fairly well; the sorghum, which I found to be extremely offputting in The Alchemist's Celia, is well hidden. There's a hint of its oddly vegetal character in the aftertaste but the peppery saison yeast and especially, the ample honey, cover it pretty well. Again there's a nice orangey citrus note as well and some moderate bitterness. Finishes semidry.

The body is medium light and the carbonation is right down the middle; the overall feel is pretty smooth, as is the case with pretty much all of Jean's beers. I cant say I would seek this out but I'm glad I tried it and it's certainly the best gluten free brew I've had to date.

07-31-2012 18:19:37 | More by tobelerone
Nuendo from Tired Hands Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.