St.Oner - Tired Hands Brewing Company

St.Oner
No picture uploaded.

Tired Hands Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Our one year anniversary IPA! Brewed with rye, PA wildflower honey, and lime / meyer lemon / grapefruit / clementine juice & zest. Hopped with Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe.

(Beer added by: Rifugium on 06-02-2013)
4.5/5  rDev +0.9%

I have never reviewed a beer as a 5.0 but this beer honestly deserves it. This may well be the tastiest brew I have had out of over 2,000 beers.

The appearance is slightly "unfiltered" looking...aka "murky." Beautiful deep yellow color with a bright white head that quickly recedes. The smell is unreal. Amazing tropical fruits, beautiful and bright citrus and pine. Seriously, I have never experienced such an inviting smell off of a beer before. The taste completely matches the aroma and then some. The Simcoe, Mosaic and Citra hops with the citrus fruits seriously makes this beer just completely outstanding. I have had many delicious IPAs but this blows them all out of the water. The mouthfeel is perfect for the style...very light and refreshing.

Overall, this may well be in the top five if not the top beer that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Perhaps I am slightly influenced by the fact that I am drinking this beer as I am reviewing it...but wow. I am seriously blown away. Great job Jean and all at Tired Hands for this amazing treat. It is a great way to celebrate one year full of outstanding and memorable beers!

4.75/5  rDev +6.5%

4.25/5  rDev -4.7%

4.73/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I don't always review. But when I do, it's at the behest of my Dr. friend. Courtesy of his incredible self. Unmarked growler of heaven. Served in my Tired Hands wine glass.

A - Super hazy milky yellow brightness. Perfect thin wispy head. Tiny, tight bubbles.

S - And, it begins. The first thing that you get is the super dank hoppiness with a hint of sweetness. Melon and lime on the back end with ever so slight pine. The dank profile reminds me of HF.

T - Such bright, vibrant fruits. Lime, lemon, melon, like God's fruit cup. Perfect level of bitterness for the low malt profile. Finishes mostly clean on the back end with some lingering dank bitterness.

M - Light creaminess and an unobtrusive malt backbone. It's such a petty critique, but if it had a touch more full mouthfeel, it would be completely on point.

O - I really can't tell if this is the best beer I have had from them, or if Delicado was. But honestly, either way, these are two of the best hoppy beers I have ever had. This is just so incredibly well made. The beer is intricate and complex. This is a pinnacle of American hop brewing. Which makes me go back and think about the idiots that talked about extreme hops killing craft beer. They haven't had this beer, that's for damn sure.

4.25/5  rDev -4.7%