Sapporo Premium Beer - Sapporo Breweries Ltd.

Sapporo Premium BeerSapporo Premium Beer

poor

pDev: 20%
Sapporo Breweries Ltd. visit their website
Japan

Japanese Rice Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: IronDjinn on 05-28-2003)

ThisWangsChung, Jul 30, 2012
3.23/5  rDev +13.3%

Served in a nonic pint glass.

Appearance: Has your classic lager look, clear gold light bubbles on the body with a white head maybe 1/4" off the body.

Smell: You smell light hops, not to impressive.

Taste: light hops and bitter but not too much that it will make you drink a little more.

Mouth: Definitely medium heavy, and sharply smooth.

Overall: good beer, but don't expect a lot. It is comparable to other lagers and honesty it's uniqueness is why I praise it. It does hit you quick though an average ABV, this cold right after a meal is greatly appreciated. Salud.

BlurryVisi0n, Jul 30, 2012

rolltide8425, Jul 24, 2012
3.25/5  rDev +14%

Fluffypuff11, Jul 23, 2012

RedAleMan, Jul 14, 2012
3.06/5  rDev +7.4%

For my first Japanese Rice Lager, I decided to purchase what I could find.

In my pilsener:

A: light clear yellow body that leaves a soft foamy white two finger head appears that lasts for a good minute. Spotty and foamy lacing embraces the sides of the glass. Light carbonation is seen slowly rising.

S: corn/adjuncts up front with some rice as the beer warms.

T: decent mixture between the corn/adjuncts, rice and hops leaving a sort of slight bitterness in the taste.

M: light to medium, pretty watery, nothing harsh on the tongue

O: hmmm..., not sure what to say other than it does remind me a lot like AAL's (not as much flavor and lack of interesting aspects to it). I think before I go any further, I'd like to try some other Jappanese Rice Lagers.

BeerKangaroo, Jul 14, 2012
4.05/5  rDev +42.1%

I'm drinking this beer as I'm writing this review, and I gotta say, it really pairs nicely with Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips. Deelicous.

A- Snagged this beauty out of ye olde beer fridge because the bottle is purdy. Not sure what the beer actually looks like, its going straight from the bottle to my blood-brain barrier.

S- I wanna say raw asian BBQ? makes me hungery

T- Pretty decent, has a good sort of bitterness to it that really accentuates the Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips.

M- feels like bleh. comparable to cheap domestic beers as for the feel.

Overalls- It doesn't say its a light beer, but it is a light beer. I mean i can see right through it. I'm typing right now looking through this beer and it aint gunna stop me.

PENISBEER, Jul 13, 2012

Joefisherman, Jun 24, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +31.6%

cjac, Jun 20, 2012
2.38/5  rDev -16.5%

Poured from a 22oz can into an imperial pint.

Gotta tick even the awful styles! I've gotta say, the can this beer is packaged in is rather attractive. It's a nice, thick shaped can that just feels substantial. I'm not reviewing the can though. This beer pours out a clear golden color, with large carbonation bubbles apparent. The head is two fingers, and retains fairly nicely. Appearance is a large part of mainstream Japanese beer culture, so I'm not surprised this at least looks good. The aroma is grainy and adjunct laden. Very generic. The taste is very light and clean. There's a tiny bit of hops on the finish that keep it from being a complete waste. The finish is kinda awkward, it's both coating and drying, it makes you want to drink more.

The mouthfeel is light and crisp, but with that strange fullness on the finish I mentioned earlier. The drinkability is solid. Overall, this is really just the Budweiser of Japan. The can is the most outstanding part about this beer. It's not BAD, so I'm not going below a 2. It's just thoroughly below average.

shand, Jun 17, 2012
2.5/5  rDev -12.3%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into an Allagash cervoise glass.

A: A finger and half of white head top a pellucid, effervescent beer.

S: Grain. Lots of lagery grain. Slightly sour and 'beery.'

T/M: Generally inoffensive. Clean, crisp, and lightly sweet. A touch of fruit, perhaps, before the less pleasant aftertaste...distantly bitter, but in a bad way. Virtually no trace of hops. Below average, but not terrible. Would drink again, especially with food.

AgentMunky, Jun 17, 2012

elguapo57, Jun 17, 2012
2.9/5  rDev +1.8%

My brother in law picked this up for me before Game 2 of the NBA Finals. The beer was exciting, unfortunately the game did not become exciting until the last quarter and still ended the wrong way. KD was fouled, but whatever. Side poured with standard speed from the pint bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance – A super clear pale yellow/golden color with some carbonation bubble action visible inside the beer. Flimsy, soapy one finger head that dissipates almost immediately and leaves no sign of lacing. Looks a lot like your standard American adjunct

Smell – Smells like one too, kind of. A little malts, grain, corn, and other such aromas are pretty much the bulk of the smell. Has a little more nose to it than your aver AAL, but not much.

Taste – Grain, corn, a slight hint of malts, real close to the nose. Not much really going on.
Mouthfeel – Watery, a little thin, but finishes alright with little aftertaste. Moderately carbonated

Overall – Pretty much the Japanese answer to the American Adjunct Lager. It wasn’t bad, but it was hardly memorable. If I hadn’t taken notes I’d never remember the beer, I would have thought I just drank another American beer. I wouldn’t necessarily buy it, but I’d drink it again.

TheCondor, Jun 16, 2012

NumberNone, Jun 15, 2012

Schumatrix, Jun 13, 2012

wilkinswesley, Jun 12, 2012
Sapporo Premium Beer from Sapporo Breweries Ltd.