Duality - Relic Brewing Co

No picture uploaded.

Relic Brewing Co visit their website
Connecticut, United States

Dubbel |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Shyla987 on 10-05-2013)
Reviews by Gambrinus1184:

3.25/5  rDev +5.5%

1.2/5  rDev -61%

The second infected beer I have had the displeasure of pouring from these guys (Thrice being the first). I'm a huge fan of Dubbels and was excited to try one from a local brewery. Sadly I'll never know how good this is as I won't be risking it again. The smell alone was enough to warrant a sink pour, but I gave it a try anyway. Big mistake, as it was a sour, sharp tasting mess. Since this isn't a Wild Ale, clearly something is amiss. Avoid until they get their quality control fixed.

1.2/5  rDev -61%

At first smell it seemed off. I gave it a sip and instantly came looking for another review... the first one I came to was an infected drain pour review. Oddly enough he described what I would have said as well. It tasted somewhat sour like and had no sweet Belgian yeasty smell. I did not finish this one. Shame

3.5/5  rDev +13.6%

3.44/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Picked up a 22oz at Ledgebrook Spirits.

Nice color, lacing. Has a nice caramely-lactose flavor. I would have expected a bit more carbonation. A very drinkable brew with subtle Belgian yeast flavors under the lactose. Maybe a bit too much lactose? Went over well with those who generally prefer a clean yeast profile.

4.25/5  rDev +38%