Rococo - Relic Brewing Co

Reviews by Gambrinus1184:

3.74/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.08/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Sampling a cellar temp bottle poured into a snifter. The beer pours a dark cola brown with creamy tan head of 2 cm that foams up over the lip of the glass, but calmly doesnt spill and fades to a smooth tightly packed surface layer. Aroma is bakers chocolate, roasted malt and some brown sugar. I also get a little bit of plum and some spicy tangy yeast notes.
First sip reveals an average body with fine tingly carbonation and a silky smooth texture.
Flavor is roasted malt and some dark chocolate, but also some spicy notes of anice, and fruity plums. The finish is heavy with dark malts and fruit, no real hints of the booze that is present in the bottle. I keep getting spicy anice which is a fine flavor in this beer, unfortunately I dont care for it in general. But the beer is not flawed and otherwise I like it a lot, just not a black licorice guy here.
I would recommend buying this if you see any left especially if you like dark spicy Belgians. (958 characters)

4/5  rDev n/a

1.25/5  rDev n/a

I would like to know what makes beers "infected." I'd never had that issue until about a year ago. I got 3 relic beers in a trade and they were all undrinkable. One of them smelled ok but still tasted sour or foul... I was most excited about this one but like the duality I kind of knew by the smell. The trader informed me he had cellared this one. Can improper storage make this happen? I don't know if it happens with time or by the brewer but all of these sucked. Glad they were all extras. (499 characters)

4.25/5  rDev n/a

3.7/5  rDev n/a

4.75/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is now my favorite beer from Relic. Had it over Thanksgiving weekend.
Deep brown/caramel appearance with a nice full head. Great mouthfeel and classic flavors of a Belgian strong with molasses, raisin, candi sugar, dark fruit, peppery spice, sweet but not too sweet. Nice balance. Hope Relic brings this one back!! (320 characters)

3.6/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

3.25/5  rDev n/a

Rococo from Relic Brewing Co
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.