Sit Down Or I'll Sit You Down - Peticolas Brewing Company

Sit Down Or I'll Sit You DownSit Down Or I'll Sit You Down

Peticolas Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Beer added by: Ranz on 09-15-2013

The intent is to exhibit the fresh and bright character of the hops. We dry hopped it with over a pound of hops per barrel of beer. It's gold in color and the floral ester aroma is high. The hop bitterness is high, but not at all harsh. The hop flavor is high, fresh, and lively. Yet with all of our beers, it's all about balance and this one is no exception. The malt character is fairly high and provides a tremendously full mouthfeel. Finally, the alcohol in this beer is intentionally present (and delicious).

to view more.
Ratings: 60 | Reviews: 6
Reviews by JGlitz87:
3.08/5  rDev -26.5%

wasnt cold enough when i drank it

4.63/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I've attended two of the Peticolas Brewing Company events in Dallas, TX, and I had a great time at each one. Their hosts, servers, and staff are extremely approachable and very knowledgeable about the product. I've really enjoyed Great Scott, Velvet Hammer, and Sit Down or I'll Sit You Down as my favorites. I've tried just about everything else they've offered, and I can't say I've ever been disappointed, and considering how picky I am about my beer, that's saying a lot for me.

Mr. Peticolas and his wife are charming, engaging, and have an infectious passion for what they do. While the beer is rock solid, it's all the other little things you learn abut the people that work so hard behind the scenes that makes me want to support this company.

4.16/5  rDev -0.7%

Clear darker golden body with a white head that leaves light lacing.

Intoxicatingly sweet citrusy floral nose. Mandarin orange, apricot, peach, and a touch of dankness.

Fairly heavy bitterness and lots if hop flavor coming in orange, grape fruity with that bitterness, apricot, and peach. Some bready malt sneaks in there.

4.5/5  rDev +7.4%

Very solid DIPA. Had it this weekend at the brewery during the tour. Really enjoyed the facility, meeting Michael, and just hanging out here. Dallas craft beer scene is amazing.

4.6/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm excited to be the first on here to review Michael's newest brew.

A: Golden-amber, it has a soft head, about a finger in width, that produces some extra frothiness. Lacing clumps to the glass with character.

S: Sharp, pungent floral notes, including an herbal singe, is present. You can tell already that the alcohol is high, but it's not overwhelming. The aroma approaches barleywine qualities, which is something I like in DIPAs or IIPAs.

T: The pound of hops definitely says, "Hi!" here--the alcohol has a nice bite and heft to it, and the malt subtly kicks in on the aftertaste. It's actually one of the "breadiest" DIPAs I've experienced, and I like the unique flavor.

M: Strong and bold at the beginning with a soft and balanced finish, this leaves a characteristic piney citrus twang on the tongue atop the malt foundation. Like any good DIPA, it's fairly robust in its quasi-creamy texture.

O: Like all of Michael's beers, this is ridiculously drinkable for such an walloper, hence the name. This actually may supplant the Velvet as my favorite Peticolas drink, and that's saying something.

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

Still trying to wrap my taste buds around IPAs, but this was really good

to view more.