Circuit - Tin Man Brewing Company

poor

Tin Man Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

Czech Pilsener |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Chaney on 01-19-2013)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by Chaney:
1.64/5  rDev -40.8%

Another "session" brew by Tin Man... (insert eye roll here)

Again, my wife and I came into this place expecting great things. The marketing campaign is ingenious!

Served in the appropriate glassware.

A: Poured a slightly chilled hazed crayon yellow color, without much of a head or visible carbonation to speak of. I must say: Others have boasted of a nice head and carbonation bill on this one. WTF?

S: I got some honey, grains, and sort of a soggy cereal/syrup compound. Pretty gross.

T: About like the nose. I need to mention here that this was the brew that truly made my wife want to flat out walk out of the brewery. Nearly devoid of any type of hop component and infinitely honey-like. My wife kept referring to this one as a mead. She wasn't far off.

M: Stupidly low in carbonation, much less flavor. This was one of the more syrupy German lagers I've ever tasted. No lacing.

O: To Tin Man: I understand why you might consider consumerizing such styles as the IPA and stout, but isn't the German pilsener already in a somewhat mass appeal-esque state?

Chaney, Jan 19, 2013

navband, Jul 30, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +35.4%

Arherring, Nov 21, 2013
3.6/5  rDev +30%

16oz can. I know that this brewery is going for a metal/computer theme, but do you really want to describe the finish of your Czech Pilsener emulation as 'crisp and metallic'?

This beer pours a rather hazy, pale golden amber colour, with three fingers of puffy, rocky, silken white head, which leaves a uneven ring of chunky, droopy cloudy lace around the glass as it slowly abates.

It smells of biscuity, bready white cereal malt, a hint of strangled caramel, soft overripe lemon peel, and somewhat muted earthy, grassy hops. The taste is more bready, grainy cereal malt, with a suggestion of corn pops, a thoroughly neutered lemon essence, and leafy, dead grassy, and yes, kind of metallic hops.

The carbonation manifests on the mild side, with a slight, weak fizziness, the body medium-light in weight, and actually quite smooth. It finishes mostly dry, the middling Saaz hops grassy, and indeed still somewhat metallic in a flinty manner.

Not a bad tasting pale ale (not quite sure why Tin Man calls it a pilsner), with a moderately successful attempt at Bohemian sexing-up. Nothing overtly remarkable about this one, but I could foresee having a couple of these before I got bored.

biboergosum, Jul 04, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -0.7%

Pours a clean, golden in my lager glass, with a huge head of lovely foam. Nice and thick lace, too.

Nose is malty/grainy, even approaching an adjunct. I get sweet corn and a hint of sharp wheat. Very average.

Taste is also grainy and sweetly malted up front, with a sweet corn-like funk up front, followed by a tinge of hops toward the finish. Leaves me with a metallic weirdness, too, which I can't forgive or forget. Not a favorite.

secondtooth, Mar 22, 2013

ThatsThatDude, Jun 09, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -9.7%

aasher, Aug 14, 2014
4.24/5  rDev +53.1%

Another tried at Winterfest.

A: Nice straw-golden color with crisp white head that lingered nicely.

S: Nice malty sweetness upfront with the subtle hint of Sazz hops coming through.

T: This had the same flavor profile as the aroma shining through with a crisp clean finish.

M: Light-Medium bodied with a crisp dry finish.

O: Thought this one was the strongest I have tried out of all theirs so far. I could see enjoying this one all summer long if I didn't brew my own to do the same with.

mullensj, Jan 29, 2013

MSandahl23, Mar 15, 2014

Shatrat, Apr 06, 2014
2.61/5  rDev -5.8%

473ml can poured into my tall pilsner glass 26/7/13

A lots of tiny particles with a couple chunks being moved around by lots of big bubbles, two fingers of foam retains well and leaves a couple thick rings of lace

S heavy on the butterscotch, honey and caramel with some soggy cereal and little else, not what I was hoping for

T more of the same with a hint of grassy hops but not much, a slight improvement over the nose but still pretty lousy

M has some body and the bubbles work but the aftertaste leaves something to be desired

O off can perhaps? or just a crappy pilsner? doesn't really nail any pil characteristics and I finished it but I was pretty thirsty

one and done, not overly offensive but I wouldn't bother buying it

wordemupg, Jul 27, 2013
1.33/5  rDev -52%

Appearance: Bright gold, fluffy pilsner head

Smell: Smelled like pilsner, noble and malty

Taste: Buttered popcorn. No hops, no crispness, not refreshing, just butter and salt. It was disgusting. My buddy was able to pound it before we left, so I guess that's a plus.

Mouthfeel: Creamy and rich, bohemian? not really sure what that means.

Overall: I don't think this is a pilsner. I really don't know what it is. It is not a good beer.

Hefty_Boss, Mar 28, 2013