Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

(Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros

Anstuart5, Aug 09, 2014

MGoBlue93, Feb 11, 2012

TurboChief, Apr 04, 2014

lionnusmb, Jan 19, 2013

megamass, Mar 25, 2013

sm0key, Nov 15, 2011

djohnson2210, Mar 10, 2014

This is my favorite beer. It was the first IPA I ever loved. I've tried many other great ones since, but this one remains the best for me. There's something about IPAs in general and this one in particular, that reminds me of a bug repellent we used as kids at the beach in Maine (and I mean that in the best possible way). When I smell this and then taste it, I'm taken back to the sounds of summer, the feel of soft white sand on my feet and the ocean breeze on a beautiful summer day, late afternoon.

seymourcox, Mar 21, 2014

Served on tap from my draft system into a 16oz pub glass

Light copper,reddish hue,almost clear slight hazieness,very livey looking beer. A very dense,rocky looking head,Sticking to the sides of the glass,looking like chunks of cottage cheese,very retentative,equally as inviting.
The breathtaking aroma super clean,a intense grapefruit aroma,like having a fresh grapefruit ripped apart in frount of your face,also piney and caramelly sweet.
Tasted like a sugar coated grapefruit,crisp and clean,tangy.Carmelly and piney,a perfectly balanced taste. It was so hard to rate the taste,I didn't want to put the glass long enough to jot down the notes
A medium mouthfeel,the perfect cloyingness,a nice inviting prickley feeling on the palate. An unforgetable tongue swelling juicyness making me crave more,more,more.
The more you drink the more you want,the most drinkable IPA I've ever had.The standard of IPA's to me. The draft version of this one seems better than the bottled version. This beer will spend a lot of time on my draft system.
A must try IPA!

Try not to give out all 5"s,but I couldn't do it any other way!

jcdiflorio, Nov 08, 2006

Outstanding. Found it very flavorful and full bodied. Can't wait to have another!

Ortizworks, Aug 15, 2014

Lookalive07, Aug 05, 2014

RyanPS, Nov 16, 2011

sigtau200ws, Nov 19, 2011

timahood32, Apr 01, 2013

sastian, Feb 16, 2012

Beardedone, Jul 10, 2014

This beer pours a clear golden yellow. It boasts a thick, fluffy, off white head with a slight yellow tint to it. It fades slowly, leaving a thick lacing.

This beer has a very pleasent floral hop aroma. I smell some citrusy hops as well. It smells slightly grassy.

This beer tastes much like it smells. Floral, with some citrusy zest. It has a very subtle sweet caramel flavor as well.

This beer is crisp and refreshing. It goes down very smooth, leaving a floral aftertaste. It is carbonated to perfection.

This beer would probably make a great session beer. The flavor is great, and not aggressive, and it is not too high in alcohol.

Overall: Thanks to Markgugs for generously hooking me up. The last time I had this beer, it was the first IPA that I enjoyed. I can see how it would have started me down the hop road. I love hops now. I rated this beer lower than I know it deserves because of my inexperience. Now I simply love it. My last review will not be deleted though since it was a valid review when I had a different taste.

OStrungT, Mar 06, 2008
Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Nov 20, 2011

Itoclown, Nov 17, 2011

Mattmiller21, Jul 25, 2014

dsauter, Nov 20, 2011

sag1189, Nov 14, 2011

jsalinetti, Aug 15, 2014

Mistercharlie, Jun 08, 2012

Hankjrfan84, Aug 29, 2014
Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.