Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros
Reviews: 3,307 | Hads: 13,108

Once of the best. . Floral ,Hoppy, smooth with a nice finish. A nice 7% beer. It is definitely a world class beer.
You owe it to yourself to try it out. You will not be disappointed.

Two Hearted ale is a gold color. The aroma is well balanced with potent smells of wheat and grape. The taste was great with caramel and malt being the main flavors that I could taste. Overall it was a light and well balanced beer. Would definitely recommend.

Unmatched balance of malt supporting the hops. Great depth of flavors and aromatics which remain throughout length of taste and continuing with mouthful. Stands above all other APAs and never varies year after year.

My absolute ALL TIME FAVE!! The aroma hits your nose and clings to your palate...and never wants to leave. No other IPA even comes close to this amazing beer!

As perfect as an IPA as I could ask for; a very favorite. Strikes the perfect balance between hops and malt, retaining characters of both in flavor (far too many IPAs are stupidly hoppy, heavy-handed). Smooth and endlessly drinkable, my ideal session brew. Perfect head, beautiful color. The benchmark against which I judge other IPAs, and indeed, other beers in general.

I'll say it this way: it's the only beer that I'm offering at my wedding next spring :)

This is such a well done IPA , this is craft beer done right . I wish it was more available in los angeles definitely would be my go to beer .This brew is so easy to drink so well balance .

Appearance- Copper brew with a frothy white head of foam. Great lacing and retention.

Smell- Freshly baked bread, flowers, citrus.

Taste- Perfectly balanced deliciousness. This is a midwest IPA and it lies between west coast and east coast IPAs in composition as well as geographically. The biscuity malt taste come through in the nose, followed by slight grassiness and earth and finishes with the right amount of vegetal bitterness. Hides the alcohol beautifully but still hits hard. Everything a beer should be. Unpretentious yet delicious
Mouthfeel- Very crisp, perfectly carbonated. The mouthfeel is simultaneously dry and resinous. Excellent.

Overall- This is probably the best IPA available in my area and it's one of my most frequent purchases. I currently pay $9 a sixer, which sometimes causes me to wonder why I bother drinking anything else. Absolutely amazing, especially when factoring in the cost and availability. Easily sessionable but still packs a punch. Quite possibly my favorite beer...

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Full nose of hops, citrus and pine. excellent
Appearance- A dark amber color with a small off-white head.
Taste- A real hop delight, with citrus and pine to match the hops. The hop bitterness is balanced against the malt smoothness.
Palate- A medium bodied beer with moderate carbonation. great mouthfeel.
Overall - A world class IPA

This is my go to beer; always have some on hand and it never disappoints. Full IPA flavor without declaring war on your taste buds. One of the first and still one of the best craft brews I've tastes!

I've had this beer hundreds of times at this point. It's amazing! I know taste is subjective but...if you don't like this you need to check your pulse! You might be dead. The only 5 out of 5 I have ever given on this website.

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to IPAs since I have so many great ones to choose from in my area and I love them dearly. That being said, Bell's Two Hearted Ale is one I'll never not have in my beer fridge (not for a lack of trying to drink them all). For me, its the perfect IPA, highly floral with light fruity notes and a strong hoppy attitude. The bitter bite isn't beastly like you may see with so many other IPAs (particularly those of lower quality) but rather justly emboldened. This is, to me, the pinnacle of craft IPAs with the correct addition of fruity and floral flavors (and smells), right between a boring hoppy beer or some bastardized fruit cocktail.

Gorgeous white head, poured from a bottle into a shaker. Sticky lacing embraces the glass. A cloudy, golden, sun kissed liquid honey graces my vision.

Hoppy, malt goodness on the nose. Citrus flower blossoms blends with the sweet bready aroma of the malts, heavenly.

Bubblegum, sweetbreads, and shortcake dance on my tongue. Apricots and grapefruit, orange peel and a hint of lemon zest...mingle with the malty sweetness...finishing with a well balance hoppy smile that has graced my face.

This is truly one of the great American beers. Complex but balanced beyond words. I dream of beer but this beer is made of dreams. Perfection.

Simply one of the best IPA's out there today. Perfectly hopped for those of us that don't particularly enjoy the IPA's on the market that are part of what I like to call the "hops for hops sake" fad in today's craft beer world. Bell's Two Hearted doesn't overpower your taste buds with bitterness, but that doesn't mean it is lacking in flavor. Just outstanding!

This is my favorite beer. My roommates and I live in Chicago, so we have many an opportunity to sample all varieties of delicious brews. This was my first IPA, and so now my taste buds are permanently spoiled. The grapefruit smell is close to the inside of a baseball glove for sheer joyful aroma.

Those against hops, keep away. Those that want to drink a manly beer and then go chop down a tree or something, have a two hearted ale.

P.S. If you're a 'liter'bug like me, read Hemingway's two short stories from which this brew gets its name. They're as stellar as it's beverage namesake.

The IPA by which I judge all others. And now it comes in cans and is perfect for outdoor adventures. I love this beer!

Great head retention, with lacing that lingers until the beer is gone...

Floral, grapefruit, piney nose, Fantastic.

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. Just the right amount of hop bitterness without being overpowering. Almost perfect.

Overall, the best beer I have ever tasted. It's always in my refrigerator.

This is my favorite beer. It was the first IPA I ever loved. I've tried many other great ones since, but this one remains the best for me. There's something about IPAs in general and this one in particular, that reminds me of a bug repellent we used as kids at the beach in Maine (and I mean that in the best possible way). When I smell this and then taste it, I'm taken back to the sounds of summer, the feel of soft white sand on my feet and the ocean breeze on a beautiful summer day, late afternoon.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale

A: Beautiful dark straw/golden color. Medium white head with good lacing. Moderately cloudy.

S: Floral with lots of hops. Slight detection of pine.

T&M: Medium body. Strong hop flavor with a nice malt balance. Finishes pretty dry.

O: Very nice. Probably my favorite IPA thus far.

Bell's Two hearted Ale is one of the most delicious beer's I have ever tasted in my young life. It has a citrus flavor overtone that comes through, however it is not too strong and nicely balanced. The has no bitterness to it and it goes down real smooth. Another plus if you're a hop head like myself is that the beer is pretty darn hoppy.

In conclusion Two Hearted Ale definitely warrants a 5 rating, and if you see this beer at your local beer/party store pick this up!!

Btw Bell's I just want to give a big shout out to you guys and whatever you're doing keep it up! And please make similar beers just like Two Hearted Ale.

Absolutely one of my favorite beers!! honestly can go good with anything, but you are better off enjoying this beer by itself. it has so much too offer, such great combination between the yeast and malt's making this an outstanding brew. you can put this on my list of top beers.

I know this isn't the best beer out there, by far, but I am just now really getting into craft brews and this is the best I have had so far. This is my favorite beer and it is 5/5 for everything until I can start trying more, which I fully intend to do - until then, this is the bar.

Beautiful pour with little head due to.such.a soft pour. Good retention. Amazing color. Standard ipa look, slighty cloudy. smells very floral, and citrus. The hops are there strongly in the nose. The mouthfeel is nice. Very drinkable. Not thick yet not thin. Its slick. The hops are there in the taste. Bitter with nice subtle malt undertones that balance perfect. This is a great brew! Cheers!

This is my go to beer. One of my top 3 beers. Pours a radiant gold color that has a slight haze. Aroma I'd complex and enticing, a blend of sweetness, maltiness, fruitiness, and hoppiness, none of them overwhelming yet somehow each being strong and distinct. Taste does not disappoint, it is amazingly smooth throughout, making it hard to not down a whole glass quickly. Thick feel on the pallet. Hint of citrus tickles the tongue while the malt opens and promotes Itself. Good down smooth, leaving a mild hint of hops. Always makes you want more.

I know that all 5s should be rare. This is a great beer.
Pours a hazy, burnt orange and is capped by a big frothy white head. There was nice lacing in my glass. Citrus aromas explode from the glass and are underlined by tropical fruit and a slight sweetness. Some pine as well as some grapefruit, pineapple, and orange flavors meet a nice malt feel. Medium body and medium-light in carbonation, Two Hearted Ale is well balanced.

Bell's Two-Hearted ale is the best tasting, most complex IPA I have had. It is a little high on carbs, but wow... the flavor is unforgettable.

appearance --> sticky, memorable lacing that will impress
smell --> the BEST fragrance of ANY IPA I have tried
taste --> hard to describe... complex yet hoppy... a true Bell's accomplishment
mouthfeel --> It feels so good, you delay the swallow, but you must.
Overall --> I think this is the best IPA available in the USA. Try it!
Appearance --> if you like clear, clean beer with lacing that sticks to the glass all the way down, then you just might like this one.

Edit --> 8-1-2012

This beer changed my life. No, I am not from Michigan. I am from Alabama.

ALL THESE following BEERS ARE GOOD, but prior to trying Two-Hearted, I did not know beer could be so awesome. I have tried Terrapin's "hopsecutioner" from Georgia. It hits the hops button, but a little too bitter and uninteresting. I tried Stone's "ruination". It stomps out the hops big time, and has that distinctive American Imperial IPA taste, but lacks the complexity I seek. Then I tried Sierra Nevada's "Torpedo". Torpedo is very good, but it seems heavy on the stomach. The "Sweetwater IPA", also from Georgia, is a good IPA, but it is not in the same league as Two-Hearted Ale. "MoJo IPA" is what I buy when the store is out of Two-Hearted.

Two-Hearted Ale has the rare balance of complexity and hops that will deliver that IPA taste we seek.

I have noticed four types of beer drinkers:

1. The BMC Dudes--> They drink Bud, Coors, or Miller Light because they have never tried a good IPA. They do not really enjoy the BMC, but that is all they know. I know this because I was once one of them.

2. Sweet Beers --> Sweet beer drinkers like Porters and thick, syrupy beers that really weigh in on the malty side of beer and they go to sleep after drinking a couple of them. Since they went to sleep after two porters, they think that was good?

3. Sour beers (argh!) --> There are beers from Belgium that are actually SOUR like old wine. Some people actually like this taste, but it makes me want to hurl.

4. Finally, the wonderful, bitter, HOPS laden IPAs --> The American IPAs take first prize. We are so lucky to have access to so many VERY GOOD American IPAs. Belgium can have their sour beer, and England can have their "brown Ale" that looks like toilet water. In The USA, we have the best.

...But I digress.

I have discovered I like beers that are:

* not too heavy on the malt
* hoppy
* complex
* feels good in my mouth
* fragrant, in a hops kind of way
* Not boring

Two-Hearted Ale meets these requirements.

Bravo-Zulu Bells!

My everything beer from the office to sports. Very refreshing, and it always brings me back to fishing for steelhead on the Ausable River in MI where I first tasted it.

Citrus flavor coupled with a perfect amount of hops. Not bitter, and finishes smooth and dry. An excellent choice when thirsty, and the alcohol content is enough to get the job done. Initial smell let's one know that they are in for a treat if they like hops.

Tough to beat this IPA, period. I just wish I didn't have to drive an hour to PA to get it.

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.