Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros
Ratings: 12,680 | Reviews: 3,424

Two Hearted ale is a gold color. The aroma is well balanced with potent smells of wheat and grape. The taste was great with caramel and malt being the main flavors that I could taste. Overall it was a light and well balanced beer. Would definitely recommend.

Delicious well balanced IPA not too hoppy

5 all day!! My favorite IPA to drink

Quite possibly my favorite beer ever and I'm not even an IPA person. Perfectly balanced. Beautiful aroma. Not too hoppy.

Perfection! Everything is perfect about this beer!

Unmatched balance of malt supporting the hops. Great depth of flavors and aromatics which remain throughout length of taste and continuing with mouthful. Stands above all other APAs and never varies year after year.

The way this beer maintains delicate flavors is crazy.

Without a doubt - the best hops ever.

Absolutely fabulous!

Favorite!

My absolute ALL TIME FAVE!! The aroma hits your nose and clings to your palate...and never wants to leave. No other IPA even comes close to this amazing beer!

My favorite ipa at this time

As perfect as an IPA as I could ask for; a very favorite. Strikes the perfect balance between hops and malt, retaining characters of both in flavor (far too many IPAs are stupidly hoppy, heavy-handed). Smooth and endlessly drinkable, my ideal session brew. Perfect head, beautiful color. The benchmark against which I judge other IPAs, and indeed, other beers in general.

I'll say it this way: it's the only beer that I'm offering at my wedding next spring :)

This is such a well done IPA , this is craft beer done right . I wish it was more available in los angeles definitely would be my go to beer .This brew is so easy to drink so well balance .

Has become one of my all time fav beers. Nice hops but balanced finish

Outstanding. Found it very flavorful and full bodied. Can't wait to have another!

Love IPA's. has a great malt, hop balance

This is my favorite beer. And i would love to take a bath in it.

Appearance- Copper brew with a frothy white head of foam. Great lacing and retention.

Smell- Freshly baked bread, flowers, citrus.

Taste- Perfectly balanced deliciousness. This is a midwest IPA and it lies between west coast and east coast IPAs in composition as well as geographically. The biscuity malt taste come through in the nose, followed by slight grassiness and earth and finishes with the right amount of vegetal bitterness. Hides the alcohol beautifully but still hits hard. Everything a beer should be. Unpretentious yet delicious
Mouthfeel- Very crisp, perfectly carbonated. The mouthfeel is simultaneously dry and resinous. Excellent.

Overall- This is probably the best IPA available in my area and it's one of my most frequent purchases. I currently pay $9 a sixer, which sometimes causes me to wonder why I bother drinking anything else. Absolutely amazing, especially when factoring in the cost and availability. Easily sessionable but still packs a punch. Quite possibly my favorite beer...

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Full nose of hops, citrus and pine. excellent
Appearance- A dark amber color with a small off-white head.
Taste- A real hop delight, with citrus and pine to match the hops. The hop bitterness is balanced against the malt smoothness.
Palate- A medium bodied beer with moderate carbonation. great mouthfeel.
Overall - A world class IPA

This is my go to beer; always have some on hand and it never disappoints. Full IPA flavor without declaring war on your taste buds. One of the first and still one of the best craft brews I've tastes!

I've had this beer hundreds of times at this point. It's amazing! I know taste is subjective but...if you don't like this you need to check your pulse! You might be dead. The only 5 out of 5 I have ever given on this website.

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to IPAs since I have so many great ones to choose from in my area and I love them dearly. That being said, Bell's Two Hearted Ale is one I'll never not have in my beer fridge (not for a lack of trying to drink them all). For me, its the perfect IPA, highly floral with light fruity notes and a strong hoppy attitude. The bitter bite isn't beastly like you may see with so many other IPAs (particularly those of lower quality) but rather justly emboldened. This is, to me, the pinnacle of craft IPAs with the correct addition of fruity and floral flavors (and smells), right between a boring hoppy beer or some bastardized fruit cocktail.

the IPA to judge all others

My favorite IPA

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.