Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

(Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros

4.19/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a cloudy golden slightly amber. Two finger fluffy cream colored head. Very attractive attenuation. Sticky lacing as the head slowly recedes.

Smells of some floral slightly citric and grassy hop notes. Almost like there's a touch of lavender mixed in somewhere. Slight caramel sweetness.

Taste stands out. The hops don't blow away the sweet dulce de leche malt notes. There is more of a grapefruit hop note than floral in the taste. Back end brings some of the slight lavender like floral hops.

Moderately carbonated and feels fresh and slightly sticky on the tongue.

Overall, this is a great ipa that stands apart from the crowd. I definitely will have and keep having this again.

Edit, I might be mixing lavender notes with mango. Seems odd but that was my initial thought.

3.5/5  rDev -18%

4.64/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Sixer of 12oz. bottles, had my fourth out of the batch and I decided I was ready to review. I pick up something new each time and I'm loving this beer! Served at 45F. Should also mention I drank my first one at about 2 weeks after "born on", this one is a little past 4wks.

A - Bright golden body, good lacing all the way down the glass. Leaves a firm but not overdeveloped white froth. Tight sparkling carbonation.

S - This time, what I get is biscuits and honey. Other times, it has been apricot and mango, grapefruit and a hint of caramel. Each time, it has been top notch.

T - Backs up everything in the nose, outstanding complexity and achieves a balance between the flavor, the hoppiness and the yeast I could not find any hold to pick at. Perfect in that respect.

M - Impressed by the level of sweetness in this one, begins with a rush of soft sweet flavors and builds up to an enjoyable puckering bitter on the back palate. Finishes mildy though and leaves room for more.

O - Great, more than I expected, love eating my words when they are "lets see if this beer can really live up to the hype." Or in this case drinking them I guess...

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

4.11/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Had a fresh bottle poured into a pint glass versus a 3 month old (2/20/13) poured into a mug and my oh my what a difference in taste.

It pours golden brown, 1/2 finger head which leaves pretty quickly. I didn't get anything immediately noticeable on the smell. A little bit of sweet, malty bread, some floral hops. I get a tiny bit of bitterness and mild carbonation. It's pretty smooth, slight graprefruit, oranges, a tiny bit of pine.

Overall it's an extremely solid IPA. Very drinkable and the 7% fly's under the radar. I seeked this out for awhile and I am glad I did, very good take.

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.