Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 12,228 | Reviews: 3,280

4.46/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.5/5  rDev -18%

4.18/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured into a Dogfish Spiegelau glass. Back label says PKGD 04/16/13

A- Pours a medium amber color with a 3/4 inch off-white head that retains well before becoming a 1/4 inch head. Non-resilient lacing leaves small clots behind on the glass.

S- Sweet-smelling hop aroma that's mildly citrusy and a bit musty.

T- Modestly bitter with a bready malt backbone. Slightly sweet with a lingering citrus flavor and very little alcohol detected. Quite similar to a standard pale ale in its overall profile. Balanced and delicate.

M- Slick and oily with medium carbonation and a standard body for the style.

O- The beauty in this beer lies in its drinkability in relation to the ABV. It's subtle in the best way and actually quite sessionable. An American classic.

4.02/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

In South Carolina on vacation and popped into my favorite beer spot...Newton Farms at Kiawah Island! Found two hearted, which I can't find in Denver, so I snatched it up! I really like this beer, but I have a beef...the six pack says unfiltered, but there is nothing to suggest this beer is unfiltered (I want to see some sediment). Really good beer, but gives me new appreciation for Bear Republic's Racer 5!

4.31/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I should start out by saying I don't like IPAs, other than DFH's.

A - not too big of a head. looking like a medium colored ale.... looking good.

S - As they claim, wonderful bouquet of floral aromas.

T - The reason I love this IPA, compared to most of the others that I do not, is that it has a flavorful and distinct hop profile that is pronounced, but not overwhelming, abrasive, puckeringly bitter, and sharply sustaining like a mouthful of fresh cut grass. This is how i perceive most IPAs, but this one is divine. Some grapefruit notes in it. Nice balance with malts.

M - I don't remember anything much about the mouthfeel, I had this several hours before writing the review. good carbonation though.

Overall, I'd take this any day that the weather is over 65. Man, I never thought I'd say that about ANY IPA. Kudos, Bell's.

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

4.57/5  rDev +7%

My favorite from Bell's. If I am in a bar or restaurant that carriers this , bottle or keg, iThis always my choice. Usually that's what I drink for the remainder of the stay. It's an easy drinking hoppy ale, not as bitter as many imperials or IPAs. There are citrus note but they're not overwhelming.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.