Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

(Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros
3.55/5  rDev -16.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A-Poured into a pint glass. Nice two finger head that dissipates rapidly. Has a cloudy light copper color. Does have some nice lacing that forms after I take a few drinks. Nothing extra ordinary here.

S-Nothing exciting here. I get a few notes of citrus, but that's about it.

T-I get a few of the "floral Hop" flavors that the bottle talks about, but that's about it. Very light on the citrus flavors. I guess I was hoping for more of a in your face IPA, or maybe that's what I prefer.

M-Very crisp and smooth. A very easy to drink IPA.

O-I nice beer. For me this is a good solid IPA. There was nothing that stood out to me appearance, smell, or taste wise. Maybe I will pick up on some things after I drink another 6 pack. Just a nice solid IPA.

4.28/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

12oz bottle poured into a snifter. PKGD 09/18/12.

A: Pours a hazy golden straw with a 2 finger dense white head. Some nice lacing as it fades away to a covering. Some visible floaties in the body of this beer, tough to see any carbonation. Good lacing on the glass.

S: Very fruity hop. Pineapple and citrus all over. A nice herbal skunkiness A nice sweetness to this as well. Very authentic whole hop aroma.

T: Well balanced hopiness, earthy and fruity with a malt backing. Isn't overpowering hop yet certainly enough to satisfy a hophead. Nice freshness to it.

M: Medium bodied with a nectar like quality. Doesn't leave any unwanted resins. Very drinkable esp considering the ABV.

Overall simply an amazing IPA. Kills most in its style. Bell's knows best how to make incredible IPAs. A must try.

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

4.58/5  rDev +7.3%

Kalamazoo has been my second "home town" for 10 years...I've had the pleasure of drinking a lot of great Bell's beers over time, many of which right at their famed "Eccentric Cafe" in downtown Kalamazoo. Finally I'm properly reviewing their much-famed "Two Hearted" IPA. I'll be honest- this has been one of my "go-to IPAs" for years, so this will probably get a favorable score!

A: Pouring a half-finger of off-white head which dissipated quickly. Lacing is better than average, with unremarkable retention. The beer itself is a lovely, opaque orange/amber with carbonation bubbles faintly visible.

S: In a word: KILLER. Smells like an IPA should smell...grassy, pine, floral hoppiness with a caramel candy undertone.

T: Loads of pine, citrus rind, and a touch of that caramel malt to wrap up each sip. This is definitely the easiest drinking 7.0 ABV that I'm aware of. A superbly balanced American IPA flavor.

M: Dry, crisp mouthfeel with light carbonation- a text book example of how an IPA should feel while drinking...effortless!

O: Man, I'm really going to be hurting if I ever leave Kalamazoo...I have tried IPA after IPA and I always come back to Bell's Two Hearted, like a lost cat always finds their way home. It's definitely one of my Top 5 IPAs and an all-around reliable partner in crime. EVERY beer connoisseur should check this off their list at LEAST once!

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

poured 12oz bottle into snifter. Bottled 26 day ago from this review.

A - This color is perfection for an IPA IMHO. Light clear golden orange that the sun sparkles in. Big 2.5 finger brilliant white head with nice retention. Leaves a nice collar around the glass with beautiful webbed lacing. Awesome.

S - Citrus grove of orange, lime and grapefruit. Nice floral hops with some earthiness and pine mixed in. Hints of light sweet malt and honey suckle. Fantastic balance.

T - Light citrus and hints of tropical fruit up front. I get some earthiness and floral hops with a touch of pine bitterness. Some sweet malt and honey suckle come in the middle. Finish is some bitter citrus. Not too bitter and not too sweet.

M - Great medium mouth feel that is very easy to drink. Carbonation is really good. Refreshing and hits all the taste buds.

O - Really solid IPA when fresh. My first time I had it, the bottle must have been old because I didn't care for it as much. Glad I gave it another go when I found it fresh. very happy that Bells dates their bottles.

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.