Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros
Ratings: 12,680 | Reviews: 3,424
3.75/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I would buy it again.

3.6/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The stonger aromas of spice, hops and malt and deep color can lead drinkers to belive that this is a heavy beer but it is extremely crisp and smooth mouthfeel from the carbonation making it a perfect all-occasion beer. I didn't get any fruity notes from this beer, so it was a nice change from many of the overly floral and fruity IPA's crowding the shelves today.

4.9/5  rDev +14.8%

Color - Golden Honey/Orange

Aroma - Hoppy, woody notes

Palate - Hoppy, bitterness

Overall - Very good, if you're a fan of IPA's you must try!

4.08/5  rDev -4.4%

Visual: Nice golden honey color.
Smell: Strong aroma including malt and citrus. Slight smell of pine.
Taste: Taste of dough and citrus. Not as bubbly as I was expecting. Taste a lot of caramel flavors.
Overall: Bitter ending, overall a good ale. Well balanced.

2.97/5  rDev -30.4%

Very popular IPA that is crispy, but too bitter for me

Good beer! Not an IPA I'm used to these days.

4.74/5  rDev +11%

One of my favorite IPAs

4.58/5  rDev +7.3%

Two Hearted is a full IPA. IPA is now the new entry level beer for breweries. This is single hopped. It has centennials hops with a malt background. It is the largest single purchaser for Bell's. It is 100% centennial hops.

3.66/5  rDev -14.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

beautiful golden orange color, but a fishy smell with a bitter taste. Good beer, I'm just not an IPA fan

2.5/5  rDev -41.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I do not typically like IPAs, so this is not one of my favorites. It has a nice golden orange color, a slightly fishy smell, and floral and hoppy notes.

4.21/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I was very excited to try this beer, and it certainly lived up to expectations. The combination of hops, malt, and carbonation make this a delightful, multi-layered brew. I would happily seek out Two Hearted again and again.

4.01/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Bottled 3/28, poured into a Spiegelau IPA glass. Pretty solid, nice hoppy, floral taste, but lacks the aromatics that would really set it apart from the crowd for me. Just my personal opinion, but I think this one was probably world class some years ago, but other easily-available beers have surpassed it. Like, a biplane is awesome and I respect it for it's role in history, but I'd still rather fly on a 777, you know?

4.42/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Staple in MI. Good beer

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

This beer is awesome. A Hop head delight yet has a zesty, fruity, grassy dry finish that is so calm and enigmatic to it's hops. Definitely a go to beer.

3.35/5  rDev -21.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Just OK at best... Had on tap but simply was not as good as anticipated. I might try again to see if it was just a tap or local issue.

3.06/5  rDev -28.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

The color of this beer is a really dark yellow. The aroma you get is a citrus smell and is kind of strong. Tasting this beer it has a zing and tangy taste to it and the aftertaste is really unpleasant.

2.51/5  rDev -41.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

I am averse to hops, so take that into consideration when considering my evaluation

4.1/5  rDev -4%

Great overall IPA, drinks easy!

3.44/5  rDev -19.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

A bit overrated IMO. Not bad but not great. A little too bitter for my taste.

3.89/5  rDev -8.9%

Glad the Whole Foods in my area started carrying Bell's.

Look: Light copper orange with minimal head. Light lacing is left around the glass as you sip and enjoy.

Smell: Nice notes of the variety of hops that are used in this beer. I pick out sweet orange, tangerine, and a slight malt sugar.

Taste: Very balanced taste that starts off with the bitter bite of the citrus flavored hops followed by a nice balance of sugary sweetness from the malt. A nice representation of the American IPA style.

Feel: Light to medium mouthfeel that leaves a pleasant lingering aftertaste that diminishes slowly after every sip.

Overall: I would say I'm satisfied with this beer from Bell's Brewery. I was glad I finally was able to get some and it surely did not disappoint. I'd recommend picking this one up the next time you are looking for a smooth IPA for a 2 to 3 beer session.

4.44/5  rDev +4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Great IPA, golden color, not to much head, carbonation just right, smell to mango, citrus fruits and some floral, but I think is its weakness, I like stronger smells, taste is a little light for and IPA, I like it, not too bitter, and not too fruity, but with some character, easy drinkable, I'll have it again.

4.13/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a tulip glass.

Appearance: Light, opaque amber in colour; average head with decent retention. Bubbly splotches of lacing which slowly dribbles their way down.

Aroma: Citrus and floral, definitely very hoppy, but with more delicate hops than the usual dose of bitterness (appearance reflects this).

Taste: Follows the nose to a large degree, with a lot of grapefruit character, but here we catch also a healthy hop bitterness and malt sweetness in the background. All throughout the floral quality is obvious, enhancing every aspect of the beer and giving it a very refined flavour.

Mouthfeel: Light, with moderate carbonation and a slight oiliness. Long bitter aftertaste which leaves the mouth dry.

Overall: This beer is decidedly floral, and I love that. To me, in the world of such an over-saturated market as IPA, the only ones which are worthwhile are things which bring something new to the palette, and the delicate nature of this IPA - from the appearance to the mouthfeel - certainly delivers.

2.12/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

This is a very typical IPA. I don't enjoy the bitterness that comes with IPAs.

1.3/5  rDev -69.6%

I had one in a variety pack and it was the most ungodly bitter beer i've ever tasted. The first few sips didn't seem bad but i barely wanted to finish it, and i've never not finished a beer because of taste. I don't know, maybe the one i picked up was old and had gone bad, but it was absolute shit. Nothing pleasant about it.

4.2/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Beautiful Golden/Orange Color with a thick creamy head. No other way to put it besides that this is how a beer should look. Head leaves heavy lacing.

Aroma: Citrus, Floral, Slighty Sweet. Not a very strong aroma overall though.

Taste: Being used to West Coast IPAs this beer didn’t have the kick that I am always ready for. Was actually a really well balanced beer though. Sweet orange and grapefruit flavor that follows the nose and you really get a floral hoppy backbone. Smooth. Not overpowering.

Feel: No doubt that this is a very smooth beer. Medium viscosity and just the right level of carbonation

Overall: Was a really great IPA that I have always wanted to try. Was disappointed with the nose but all other aspects of the beer made up for it. A great beer that I wouldn’t hesitate to buy again.

EDIT: Nose opened up ALOT as beer warmed. Still did not impress. But worth of some more points

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.