Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

(Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev -18%

A - Thin creamy, pancake batter colored head. Moderate lacing. Slightly hazy and dark yellow.

S - Aggressive resiny and citrus hop aroma with a touch of acrid pine.

T - Quite bitter with strong hops and little underlying malt. Bitterness becomes more complex and lingers. Resins are strong and dance on the edge of medicinal.

M - Slick and lively as it passes over the palate and base of tongue.

O - At first not so appealing or drinkable, but I find myself drawn to the Two Hearted sip after sip and then back to the fridge for another. It is has become a go-to bitter IPA, not as smooth and easy as some, not as punishing as the big boys.

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

12 oz bottle poured into tulip glass.
Bottle date of 12/16/11.

Appearance: A golden straw colored beer with 3 fingers worth of thick white head. Spotty lacing on the side of the glass.

Smell: strong notes of pine and citrus. Smells really good! Not getting much from the malt profile of this beer.

Taste: moderate bitterness from the hops profile. Pine upfront with grapefruit and oranges. Its a well balanced IPA. You can just detect the malts as a biscuity flavor and you dont get much else from the malts. Aftertaste is not really all that bitter, it quite pleasant. The hop flavors just kind of fade away so that you want to take another drink right away to get more hops flavor.

Mouthfeel: high end of a low bodied beer. Moderately carbonated. The beer is crisp, clean, and easy drinking all the way.

Overall: I am a fisherman so i really love this label with a trout on it. The beer is better than your average IPA. I think this would be a good beer to take fishing to give you more luck! Also because its a tasty beer! Bells make quality beer! Glad its a local beer for me!

3.65/5  rDev -14.5%

Thanks to coppcw08 for sending this in a trade. Been wanting to try this one for a long time...

bottle into pint glass:

A: Looks like a classic IPA golden yellow with orange hints. Nice carbonation and lacing already on my glass. Good looking IPA...

S: I'm actually a little let down by the aroma coming off the beer. Much more subdued than I was expecting. The tropical, piney, fruity smell is there but just not as pronounced as I was expecting.

T: Front of the tongue is a nice splash of hop bitterness that evolves into a sweeter, fruity flavor in the middle. Finishes dry with a nice hop bitterness with a touch of alcohol. Good but not great...

M: Typical mouthfeel for an IPA. Does finish dry and good level of carbonation that allows the flavors to come out a little more.

O: I have to say I'm a little let down by this bottle. I was expecting a big, fruity, piney IPA from the reviews I've seen and what I've heard but it just was a little too subdued for me. A very solid IPA but not better than a lot of others out there. I can see this being a great beer for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon but I'd just as soon pop a few Racer 5's or Torpedos. Very solid IPA that I would definitely drink again but probably wouldn't trade for again. Glad I got to try it...

I did check the bottle dating after I wrote this review and discovered that it was over 2 months old. Maybe the flavors faded? I'll have to try to get my hands on a fresher bottle for comparison...

2.5/5  rDev -41.5%

4.6/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

copper orange colour, and lots of lacing on the glass.

smell of citrus fruits a biscuit malts.

a very sweet bitter citrus flavors mostly grapefruit, left with a bit of malts, and a tad bit of hops!

very creamy, with a little bit of chew which I mean in my opinion is a great thing in an american ipa!

Freaking amazing beer been drinking this for two years, such a great drinking IPA! I've had it on tap but I'm not a huge nitro guy. I mean if you're looking for a reasonably priced mind blowing IPA to unleash your arsenal buy it, don't stop think the bass is your friend!

packaged 1/30/2012

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.