Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

(Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros
4.6/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

I’m marking my 300th review on BA with this write up on Bell’s Two Hearted. It’s a special treat for me. Even though I grew up in Kalamazoo I have spent my adult (beer drinking) in Texas and California—places where Michigan beers are not distributed.

Since it is now New Year’s eve I thought I’d share a story of last year when I shared some Two Hearted with my mother. She smelled it and said it smelled wonderful, just full of light citrus and grapefruit and floral aromas. … and then she tasted it. Her face soured and she handed it back to me. Of course I gladly took it back. That was probably the first and only time she tried an IPA. I love telling this story to friends, and especially about Two Hearted.

The Two Hearted I’m enjoying over the holiday break came from a six pack bottled mid-December so I know it’s fresh. Looks great, the color of golden-honey with nice clarity and a wonderful head of foam topping it. My mother’s aroma description still holds—floral, citrus pine with some grapefruit zest and spicy hops rounding it out. Tastes piney and bold with some resin. A bit of chew gives it heft, and there’s a pleasant hop bitterness but a sweetness from the excellent malt bill balances it out. Fantastic finish. And, incidentally, wonderful art on the bottle. Feliz año Nuevo!

4.43/5  rDev +3.7%

This a regular in my fridge that I haven't got around to reviewing.

Pour 12oz bottle into a pint glass.

poured a reddish amber with a white head of about and inch, beer is extremely clear.

big citrus nose with an under layer of grainy bread.

hop punch of citrus, finishing dry with a pleasant floral hop after taste. Body holds up well with the hop load with out trying to over power it.

As said in the start this is a go to beer for me it is the standard that I have come to measure IPAs by

3.5/5  rDev -18%

3.52/5  rDev -17.6%

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.