Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros
4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

3.87/5  rDev -9.4%

Freshness Really Matters!!!

I have tried this beer twice before this, and both times I experienced a metallic aftertaste that I did not like at all, even though I liked the rest of the beer experience- appearance, smell, initial taste, etc.

Third time's a charm, I guess. This bottle is not any fresher (from the bottled on date) than the last time I had one- about 3 weeks from bottled on date, but there is definitely a difference in flavor, and a welcome one.

Pours a somewhat hazy orange hue with a 1" foamy white head that is gorgeous. Great looking beer. Lacing sticks to the glass all the way down.

Big nose of citrus, grapefruit, tangerine, and some flowery hops. Faint pine, resin. Wonderful smell.

This is a juicy beer, and it makes you salivate. Definite citrus up front that follows the nose. More citrus and malt in the middle, bitter hop finish, neither flavor outdoing the other. Pretty well balanced, although the hop bitterness does linger on the finish.

I'm really glad I finally got a good bottle of this. It's still not the best IPA I've ever had, but it's a damn good one, and I can see now why people love it.

4.39/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I have been looking for this brew for some time, as it was highly recommend by some friends of mine and I have seen it on BA as being routinely mentioned as a favorite "everyday" IPA. Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance - Nice dark off gold color with a big, dominant, creamy head. The head eventually wore off about halfway through the brew, with a some lacing present.

Smell - Nice floral smell with a fruit backdrop to it, with the addition of a definite hops presence. When I smelled this beer, I began to get excited about it. It smells fantastic.

Taste - The brew really comes through in this department. Perfectly, and I mean perfectly balanced between the fruity taste at the front and the bitter hoppy kick at the back end. I seriously considered giving this beer a 5 in the taste category, but I haven't done it yet and I'd like more experience before I do. But this is as close as any has come yet.

Mouthfeel - Balanced and smooth, everything about this beer is exceptional. Good carbonation, nice aftertaste, goes down so easy.

Overall - This is one impressive beer. Now I understand why it was so highly recommended by both personal friends and other BA's. Everything is so balanced and smooth it really makes you want to drink a few more, and for the price you pay for this it is almost unmatched. If you haven't had this beer, get it.

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.