Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros

4.68/5  rDev +9.6%

4.62/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.43/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.28/5  rDev +0.2%

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

4.68/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.77/5  rDev +11.7%

4.32/5  rDev +1.2%

Bottled 10/19/11

A - Pours a golden amber with a fluffy white head.

S - Very citrusy, orange and grapefruit, with a background scent of pine and malts.

T - Citrus zing with each sip orange zest, then some sweet malts finish to dry hops.

M - Smooth, slightly drying with a nice hop oil coating.

O - Such an easy drinker, a delicious beer that is always in my fridge.

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

4.53/5  rDev +6.1%

So my friends and I had a 16 beer bracket of locally found beers. They had to come in 6 packs and be available at the start of the bracket.

Kalamazoo.

For me this won with a combination of

A - Top shelf. Golden color and nice bit of head. The lacing looked wondrous.

S - okay. a little smell of hop, but not overwhelming

T - Smoooth. Taste the hop and it chills out in your mouth.

M - Dry and crisp

D - I would like to say I could drink it all day, but totally not able to do it. Still its wonderful on a warm day.

Grab yourself a pack!

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

4.4/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Nice honey color with a big fluffy white head. The nose is intensely flowery and yeasty. Very creamy in the mouth. The flavor is a nice biscuity yeasty malt backbone bathed in a big citrusy dose of hops. Fairly long and bitter finish. Unique flavor profile amongst IPA's. Definately satisfies the craving for a hoppy beer.
I will say that this beer can be inconsisten. For every perfect fresh bottle I have had, there has been another that lost a lot of flavor, or a cask conditioned pint that was past it's prime. I find bottles from a high turnover retailer to be most relaible.

4.4/5  rDev +3%

Great beer. There are plenty of other reviews, so I won't go into great length here. But two comments.

1. This beer definitely gets better as it warms towards room temperature during drinking.

2. It reminds me of a beer brewed by the Main Street Brewery in Richmond, VA called Amelia Ale. That brewery is out of business (maybe because their brewpub sold pints for $1), so it's been years since I had an Amelia. Anyone out there remember it?

Anyway, the Bell's Two Hearted Ale is delicious. Nicely done, Bell's.

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

A - An amber color with a light cream color head of about two inches that retains nicely. A great amount of lacing. Looks like a perfect ale.

S - Vibrant floral hops and fruity flavors are very strong but they are backed up slightly by the sweet malty aroma. Definately an excellent blend of hops that is not too overpowering.

T - Slightly sweet initially but a bitter mid and smooth creamy finish. There is a very slight grainy taste present initally along with the sweetness but the hops takes control very quickly.

M - A medium bodied feel but a very smooth creamy finish. Not too bubbly, not too flat. What I would consider an excellent mouthfeel that makes you feel like your drinking a very good beer.

D - One of my favorite IPAs that I could drink over and over again. Not too overpowering but still has as much flavor as my heart desires. Bravo Bell's Brewing!

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

Best beer by Bells for sure. One of my favorite in the world. Anyone who drinks IPAs and has not had this- I feel sorry for you. Get it and drink it. I would love to try this wet hopped as well maybe they would do this once- would make it even better.

Thank you for creating this gold standard!

3.98/5  rDev -6.8%

At first sip, this seems like a great session beer. The heads a little lacking but it leaves ok bubbly curtain lacing. Pours a nice glowing copper-gold color, very inviting. I like the obscure fish label with the almost hunter orange on it, quite rustic. It just looks like it belongs on a camping or hunting trip

Smells a little weaker than it tastes, honestly. Some citrus from the hops and a bit of orange zest is mostly what I get from the nose. Faint smell of alcohol too

Crisp, clean, refreshing and understated. An exemplary american ipa with a little bit of caramel sweetness to it, good silky slick mouthfeel too.

Overall, its a damn good beer- I can't pick out many things I dislike per se, but somehow it leaves me wanting more (besides a 2nd glass) pick one up for yourself and decide, its definitely worth a go

4.62/5  rDev +8.2%

Thanks to psukinger for the bottle acquired in a trade.

I have to admit that I sometimes judge a beer by the label. This label is not the coolest looking label. Last thing I want is for my beer to taste like trout. But I'm blown away by how good this beer is.

A: Poured into a snifter with a huge head. I think this attests to how fresh this bottle is. The color of orange rust - what a beautiful color.

S: Scents of pine and huge grapefruit. Brings me to a forest on an crisp autumn day stepping over pinecones while cutting into a grapefruit.

T: Delicious - the hope quality is apparent. Its not too strong like many IPAs can be. I'm a hope head and love bitter but this is nicely balanced and really a fantastic effort from Bells.

M: The beer is not thick and has a silky feel while rolling over the tongue

D: I feel like if I could get this on a regular basis - it would be my staple IPA. Unfortunately Bell's is not available in NY.

I think I love this beer!

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.