Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

(Beer added by: Todd on 12-11-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Two Hearted Ale Alström Bros

drichert, Nov 28, 2011

RachLyndsey, Aug 23, 2012

Jon3000, May 04, 2012
2.5/5  rDev -41.5%

onlyliberty, Feb 17, 2012
4.74/5  rDev +11%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Had this on draft when i was visiting my family out of state and i was blown away this is a very well balanced ipa one of the best ipa's ive had to date i reccomend everyone trying it if you can get a hold of it...they dont sell it around my area but my goal is to get my hands on hopslam...i was very impressed with the two hearted ale !

eends33, Feb 24, 2013

slowriot, May 28, 2012

Bell's Two-Hearted ale is the best tasting, most complex IPA I have had. It is a little high on carbs, but wow... the flavor is unforgettable.

appearance --> sticky, memorable lacing that will impress
smell --> the BEST fragrance of ANY IPA I have tried
taste --> hard to describe... complex yet hoppy... a true Bell's accomplishment
mouthfeel --> It feels so good, you delay the swallow, but you must.
Overall --> I think this is the best IPA available in the USA. Try it!
Appearance --> if you like clear, clean beer with lacing that sticks to the glass all the way down, then you just might like this one.

Edit --> 8-1-2012

This beer changed my life. No, I am not from Michigan. I am from Alabama.

ALL THESE following BEERS ARE GOOD, but prior to trying Two-Hearted, I did not know beer could be so awesome. I have tried Terrapin's "hopsecutioner" from Georgia. It hits the hops button, but a little too bitter and uninteresting. I tried Stone's "ruination". It stomps out the hops big time, and has that distinctive American Imperial IPA taste, but lacks the complexity I seek. Then I tried Sierra Nevada's "Torpedo". Torpedo is very good, but it seems heavy on the stomach. The "Sweetwater IPA", also from Georgia, is a good IPA, but it is not in the same league as Two-Hearted Ale. "MoJo IPA" is what I buy when the store is out of Two-Hearted.

Two-Hearted Ale has the rare balance of complexity and hops that will deliver that IPA taste we seek.

I have noticed four types of beer drinkers:

1. The BMC Dudes--> They drink Bud, Coors, or Miller Light because they have never tried a good IPA. They do not really enjoy the BMC, but that is all they know. I know this because I was once one of them.

2. Sweet Beers --> Sweet beer drinkers like Porters and thick, syrupy beers that really weigh in on the malty side of beer and they go to sleep after drinking a couple of them. Since they went to sleep after two porters, they think that was good?

3. Sour beers (argh!) --> There are beers from Belgium that are actually SOUR like old wine. Some people actually like this taste, but it makes me want to hurl.

4. Finally, the wonderful, bitter, HOPS laden IPAs --> The American IPAs take first prize. We are so lucky to have access to so many VERY GOOD American IPAs. Belgium can have their sour beer, and England can have their "brown Ale" that looks like toilet water. In The USA, we have the best.

...But I digress.

I have discovered I like beers that are:

* not too heavy on the malt
* hoppy
* complex
* feels good in my mouth
* fragrant, in a hops kind of way
* Not boring

Two-Hearted Ale meets these requirements.

Bravo-Zulu Bells!

lambytime, Nov 27, 2012

misenhbs, Nov 24, 2012
Photo of
4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Dec 14, 2012

BrettWallace, Dec 21, 2012
4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

dctjf0290, Oct 17, 2013

elizard, Apr 14, 2013

BManBottleMan, Feb 12, 2013

gregmtt9, Mar 16, 2013

Toddlat, Mar 25, 2013
Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.