Bell's Venus (The Bringer Of Peace) - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Bell's Venus (The Bringer Of Peace)Bell's Venus (The Bringer Of Peace)

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

American Blonde Ale |  7.50% ABV

(Beer added by: mothman on 06-27-2014)
2.1/5  rDev -34.4%

It want my favorite taste.

2.93/5  rDev -8.4%

4.04/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

I didn't want to write a review but have to?

4.3/5  rDev +34.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Fantastic fruity and a bit sour

5 Words are all that is needed: This was a drain pour.

3.58/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

2.95/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

The second beer in the planet series hopes to bring more love then the first. Sometimes I think beers these days are just being made to make a beer. If you are going to take the time to make a beer, please make a good beer. Enough of my rant, on to the review.

A strong pour only generates about a half inch of quickly fading off white head. No lace is left behind as it fades in about a minute to just a skim. Body is a light honey amber in tone.

Smells like a odd candle with hints of honey, vanilla and cardamom. Just like the label says, but I'm not sure it works for a beer. We will see about the taste.

Oh jesus, oh my I think to my self as I take the first sip. There is a lot going on here and it is mostly bad. Oddly soured fruits mixed with vanilla candle wax and musky honey tones on the tongue. This can't be what they were shooting for here. Really not enjoyable to drink at all. I really wanted to like this beer, especially because of how hard it was to get, but I just don't. Nothing good to say so I won't say any more at all.

3.13/5  rDev -2.2%

3.3/5  rDev +3.1%

1st review! A truly unique brew. Apricots and honey up front and a slight taste of vanilla. Didn't catch much of the cardamom and wouldn't have guessed it was there if the label hadn't said so. Smells interesting and tastes exactly the same. Not bad per se but definitely not something I'd reach for again. Nonetheless glad I got to try this as its definitely an interesting beer.

1.59/5  rDev -50.3%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

This beer tasted really bad

3.25/5  rDev +1.6%

3.9/5  rDev +21.9%

12 oz. bottle, with bottled on date 10/02/2014 printed on the back label. The second of the planet series beers from Bell's, this one "brewed with apricot juice and honey with cardamom and vanilla beans added". An interesting premise; not entirely sure what to expect.

Poured into a Duvel tulip glass.

A - It pours a nice hazed golden orange body with some fine sediment floating near the bottom. Semi-transparent body. One finger of frothy white head that fades to a ring rather quickly. Some scattered spotty lacing. Looks nice.

S - A strange but interesting aroma, to be sure. Juicy citrus fruits (apricots) are noticeable, followed by an orange creamsicle aroma, with an earthy herbal spice rack finish. The cardamom spice is definitely noticeable, but I wouldn't know it was cardamom with the label telling me so. Very interesting, but the cardamom does seem a bit invasive and out of place.

T - Very interesting, to be sure. Juicy, citric, and mildly tart from the apricot juice, with a quick flash of vanilla / orange creamsicle again near the end. An earthy / fruity rind sort of presence. No real herbal spice rack / cardamom to be found in the taste, to my relief.

M - The feel is smooth, crisp, and creamy. Mildly tart and dry finish. Easy drinking, but probably not something I would want more than one of in a session. Good moderate carbonation.

Overall, I applaud the innovation by Bell's here; I'm not sure why this beer seems to be so poorly received. I guess people were more comfortable with a 10.00% DIPA than an experimental American blonde ale. Like I said, not something I could drink a lot of, but I'm very glad to have tried it. Recommended.

Bell's Venus -----4/5.

4.25/5  rDev +32.8%

3.8/5  rDev +18.8%

4.75/5  rDev +48.4%

1.25/5  rDev -60.9%

2.5/5  rDev -21.9%

3.04/5  rDev -5%

Bell's Venus (The Bringer Of Peace) from Bell's Brewery, Inc.