Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Bell's Uranus - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Bell's UranusBell's Uranus

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

American Black Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: mothman on 06-27-2014

Duplicate of  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/p ... 87/174226/
4.36/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I'm not generally into black IPAs but I haven't had many. So with that grain of salt I can say easily this is the best I've ever had.

The malt profile on this is something out of character in a good way for Bell's imo. I felt like there were some middling entries in this series but some (Mars, Saturn) were pretty great. This one might well be my favorite.

I had a brownie as I finished this - it was amazingly complementary. I'd recommend trying some sort of dark chocolate along with this one. It really had a lot of characteristics of a stout for me. Will definitely be getting more. (597 characters)

4.41/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A really refreshing take on a black IPA; that it's a double that manages such a nice balance of surprising tropical hoppiness within a very drinkable dark malt character that evolves across the palate from subtle to not-so-subtle speaks to the ability of a brewery like Bells to produce a beer that stands out from a crowd of unremarkable BIPAs in the last few years.

Grab a few bottles or 6packs if you can. Uranus is that awesome surprise to bring to friends for later nite spring/summer drinking, and the shitty jokes everyone comes up with when you plop it down on the table on the porch are just a bonus for everyone present. (632 characters)

Bell's Uranus from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.