Hopslam Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Hopslam AleHopslam Ale

Wants: 2,370
Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: beernbbq on 04-14-2004

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hopslam Ale Alström Bros
Ratings: 11,590 | Reviews: 3,419

Full IPA flavor with light bitterness yet smooth and pleasant aftertaste.

Great summer DIPA, grapefruit notes and flavor, great alcohol finish

If you are an IPA lover or Hops lover in general, this beer is an absolute MUST HAVE. I love IPA's and Hoppy beers in general and this one is the strongest I've ever had in that regard. But what makes this beer a 5 out of 5 for me is the addition of the honey flavor ... It is the icing on the cake and it's what really makes this beer DELICIOUS!

Loved everything about this beer. I'll be tracking it yearly.

This has been hoppier in the past, but I'm going to let it slide this year. This is the only IPA that really delivers for me, aside from Palate Wrecker. If I could take this beer to bed, I'd divorce my sweet, MPDG wife and live happily ever after even if it means I don't get any more hand-knit orange socks. All jokes aside, (are they jokes, really?) this is pretty much my go-to, so it's a good thing my local beer spot has me on speed-dial and saved me 6 cases.
Fire is hot, ice is cold, Hopslam is IT.

Just got 4 and I can't wait to finish them. Love it

Well worth the wait and hunt of finding it.

Awesome! Just awesome. Best smelling beer I have tried. One of the best tasting to boot. Citrus, and especially grapefruit, to me, give this beer a fantastic aroma, and leaves a more than pleasant taste on the palette. Most likely due to the added honey, the bit of sweetness balances the bitterness well. Fantastic beer.

The best beer I've ever had, period. Oh the hops, how I love you!

This beer really lives up to the hype and it's certainly worth the price. I'll be buying a couple more 6 packs in the coming weeks.

Definitely a must try ...a bucket list for your tastebuds.

One of the best IPA's out there!

When I read "made with honey" I expected a sweet, heavy drink. What I got was a well rounded crisp flavor that was light on the tongue. The honey accented the hops exquisitely creating a balanced flavor with a nice slightly sweet, citrus flavor, without an overpowering after taste.

Hands down one of my top 5 favorite beers. Not necessarily a huge fan of X2 IPA's but this double will always be at the top of my list. Beautiful and rich in it's golden color with an aroma hand crafted in hop heaven. The honey in this beer is what makes it so memorable. Very well balanced in it's citrus notes and definitely not as strong as it's percentage hints that it should be. Not such a popular beer in the south, but when it is around it never lasts long. Another score for Bells Brewery!

I have to have five words. Heaven.

Perfect hoppy beer that will slam you.

Good gawd! Get dunked on by this hopslamming ale; the smell is of a hoppy meadow in the Elysian fields and the taste is similar to a bulldozer shoving a inordinate amount of pines citrus hops and a motley of other refreshing ingredients onto your palate where they accommodate one another instead of duking it out.

The absolute perfect example of a double IPA. honestly, this could very well qualify as a double or 3 en triple IPA. It IS SO DAMN hoppy!!! In the best way possible. It's extremely bitter and piney; if you love ipa's like I do, this isn't a bad thing. I've had far too many ipa and double and triple ipa beers that are way too sweet like southern tier. This takes the cake :) I bought two cases and don't regret it.

While this is an excellent tasting beer from the bottle, it is enhanced by drinking it from the glass to capture the aromas. The scent and smell of this beer coupled with it's hoppy yet smooth taste, makes this beer both delicious and enjoyable. Highly recommend!

This is the one beer you want in the "desert island" scenario, if you like HOPS. Caps lock is on for H-O-P-S as the grapefruit flavor is only rivaled by Fresca or an actual grapefruit. It is between the eyes HOPS and it trounces other hoppy brews.
It's a sweet Double IPA, but the sugars are perfect balanced to bring the hoppy character under control.
One caveat: at 10% ABV, this one can topple giants. This was the second time I have tried it and it's worth $3 a bottle.
Hats off to the team at Bell's. They have given me hope for every new year.

What can I say about, Hopslam that hasn't been said before? This beer is amazing!!! I've tried; 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 & I must say that 2014 is the best! It has a huge mouth feel without all the bitterness. The hops are huge, the citrus flavor is there & it's a huge DIPA!!! I LOVE the Oracle but Hopslam is hands down one of, if not the BEST DIPA's out there!!!

Suprisingly smooth. It went down a little too fast, it left me wanting more at the end of the glass. Great beer

I had to review this beer after trying it for the first time because I am not a hoppy beer/IPA guy but was blown away by this superb beer! Tried it in a sampler and promptly ordered a whole one.

The color was almost orange in hue, with a slight head that dissipated quickly. The aroma was fantastic! I could tell by the smell that I was in for a treat, because it wasn't overpowering in the typical way that very hoppy beers are to me, but instead gave amazing floral and citrus notes. Mouthfeel was substantial compared to a regular IPA, and I liked the body and slight malty sweetness, which quickly gave way to the hops. Whatever combo they use was enough to convert me, because it was intense and complex without the harshness of most beers with that much hops. I'm guessing a lot of late additions and dry hops. You'd also never guess this was 10% ABV. I never order IPAs or DIPAs, but from now on, when I see this on tap, that's probably what I'll get.

This was bottled in January 2013.

A- nice orange color, small white head that doesn't last long. Just beautiful orange, what a beer should look like.

S- even with the age on it the hops are still forward. Citrus and pine, fresh orange peel, a little honey at the end, but pretty much all hops, great!

T- follows the nose, big hops, big orange peel flavor, citrus and piney notes, big grapefruit, not as bitter as it was when I had it fresh but still bitter enough, this beer is just as good with a little age on it. The honey is there but really doesn't do too much besides create a great balance with the strong hops.

M- very smooth, medium body on it, goes down nice.

O- just a great brew, you really can't do any better. This is a two hearted ale (one of my favorite beers) on steroids. Just so well balanced and huge huge hops, which I love!

One of my top 5 favorites.

Hopslam Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.