Hopslam Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Hopslam AleHopslam Ale

Wants: 1,828
Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Brewed with honey. Hoppy as hell.

(Beer added by: beernbbq on 04-14-2004)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hopslam Ale Alström Bros
gopens44

4.47/5  rDev -0.4%

A - Thick, fun, frothy head. Slightly hazy in it's golden colored goodness. Gold color was a lot like Black Hills Gold.

S - Probably the most intimidating essence of hops I've ever let slip up my nose. Cleared my sinuses like Vick's does!

T - Like sucking on pine cones this one was! I couldn't taste anything but the massive hop presence. No alcohol presence at all despite having a high ABV.

M - Smooth, silky and low to medium carbonation

Not something to pound for sure! Great tasting and smelling beer that needs to be enjoyed in moderation. I could probably be convinced to throw 3 or 4 of these back in one sitting, but that would be dumb.

01-14-2011 13:42:47 | More by gopens44
FreshHawk

4.93/5  rDev +9.8%

A - Very crisp, clear light tangerine color with a large, thick, creamy, smooth looking white head with tiny bubbles. Pretty good retention leaving a thin, whispy lace.

S - Amazing hop aroma. Juicy grapefruit, pine resin, citrus, and floral aroma all present and jumping out of my glass. Very juicy and mouthwatering - essentially hop juice. A touch of sweetness and spiciness. Such a lovely aroma pretty much making me drool just on the first whiff.

T - Just like the nose suggested, hop juice flavor. Starts out with a strong cutting bitterness with some pine and spicy flavors. Some floral hop flavor then starts to come out segueing the spicy hops to the slightly sweeter grapefruit and citrus flavors. Some tropical fruit hops also make an appearance (particularly pineapple but others as well). Mid sip some sweet pale malt and slight sweetness comes out. Very nice balance to the bitterness, but in now way will it beat the bitterness out. The bitterness lingers after the sip with an amazing hoppy finish that lingers. Exactly what I want out of a DIPA, huge hop flavors with plenty of bitterness but there is a slight sweet balance.

M - Medium body closing in on full body. Great level of carbonation. Goes down very smooth. It just lacks this full viscous feel that I wanted. Just a little off from being amazing, but how smooth and creamy it feels and goes down, I won't complain.

D - Waaaay too drinkable for a 10% DIPA. Goes down so smooth and easy. This is such a joy to drink. Alcohol is very well hidden although it peaks its head every now and then. Strong hop and bitter flavors, but they aren't overwhelming.

Notes: Batch 10094, bottled Jan. 04, 2011. Wow this is just what I want from a DIPA. Don't know what else I can add. Such a great hop flavor, it is like drinking a wonderful hop juice elixir. All different kinds of hop flavors all show up. Just the right balance and goes down so easy. Such a joy to drink, if only it were made year round. I also love that the flavor lingers long after the sip is finished. Simply, I love this beer.

01-14-2011 07:03:18 | More by FreshHawk
grover37

District of Columbia

4.63/5  rDev +3.1%

12oz bottle poured into a DFH signature snifter. Got the sixer at Cairo Liquors for $20 (pretty good for DC supply/demand).

Appearance (4): Good looking bottle with a new hopslam'd cap to match the label. Pours a clear, dark gold or light copper with yellowish orange around the edges. A finger and a half of head dissipates to an almost covering layer of medium sized bubbles. Decent lacing, but nothing special.

Aroma (5): Sweet caramel and honey balanced by very floral hops. Very citrusty with tropical fruits such as pineapple and grapefruit rind. No ethanol.

Taste (4.5): Sweet orange and grapefruit up front and maybe a bitter, piney note. The sweetness hits in the middle with the strong pineapple followed by a strong honey flavor. The finish is just how it smells with big floral hops lingering in the mouth and a little bit of the sweet caramel backbone (though not a match for the abundant hopping) sticks around. The bitterness is most apparent here which balances out the sweetness, but it is very smooth and nearly imperceptible throughout. The flavors are even bigger on draft and match the enormous aroma, although the bottle falls just short here.

Mouthfeel (4): Medium-low carbonation which is perfect for the style. Medium bodied, not too much residual sweetness, just the natural sweet flavors from the honey and pineapple notes. The hops leave a floral feel in the mouth as well. The finish isn't West Coast dry, but dry enough for a 10% beer.

Drinkability (5): This is unbelievably drinkable for a 10% DIPA. There is no apparent alcohol. I could drink this beer and love every second of it all night long. Or at least until I hit the floor (hopslam'd).

01-14-2011 06:17:44 | More by grover37
AllFineThings

Indiana

4.85/5  rDev +8%

Well, this just came in-LOL!

Poured into a tulip glass-has a 2 inch head that settles down to a whisp the aromas hits you squarely in the chin, heavy hops of course and citrus.

Citrus, and spice, and very smooth for a 10% ABV, which is better than many other offerings with that same ABV.

Once again---is very, very smooth, and you could easily lose track of how many you drank-prob a good thing that I had just bought one to try-haha!

01-14-2011 05:08:14 | More by AllFineThings
oreo

4.93/5  rDev +9.8%

Picked up a few cases of this today for trades and drinking!

Poured into a snifter

Pours an apple juice golden color with about one finger of head.

Smells amazing. Pineapples, hops, pine, orange, citrus everywhere.

Taste a lot like it smells. Tons of pineapple and a great hop profile. This beer really is just awesome. I would drink this year round if it was made.

Mouthfeel is just like an IPA should be

10% and you wouldnt think it had more than 4. Insanely drinkable and that is just awesome.

01-14-2011 04:46:12 | More by oreo
Dreadnaught33

District of Columbia

4.13/5  rDev -8%

Heres another review of Hopslam, I've been exploring re-rating beers from different formats. It's very interesting. I gave the tap version a 4.75, this is lower in that it seems less open in smell and taste especially, a little more one Dimensional especially in the aroma. On tap its very open and huge in aroma and not out of the bottle. The taste is still great but not as good as on tap.

A: Nice semi clear, active carbonation orange. Nice small head and good lacing.

S: A fruity hop smell with some dry biscuit malt and a little pine. Some honey coated alcohol comes through as well. Faint aroma, especially compared to on tap, but still nice.

T: Very aggressive spicy hops that I remember from on tap but offset by Honey coated malt character. Biscuit dry notes come though (honey on top) and a little grapefruit in there thats nice (not as much as on tap though). Some pine as well. Good stuff, but the hops are much more 1-D than the tap.

M: This is still great. Smooth and slick, great carbonation level.

D: Good stuff.

01-14-2011 04:12:07 | More by Dreadnaught33
MowryJC

4.58/5  rDev +2%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a tulip glass.

A - Slightly hazy deep gold with a finger and a half head that settles into a thick fluffy foam. Leaves bands of webby lacing down the glass.

S - Floral honey and citrus, mostly grapefruit. Complexity that moves into resiny, but always with that nice honey backing.

T - Immediate orange citrus and caramelly maltiness, with a nice almost almond extract from the honey. Hops jump in and out of the spotlight, fantastic citrus with a light pepperiness. Again the complexity is fantastic.

M - Has this wonderful alcoholic heat to it that is very, very subtle, and tied to the honey and almond extract flavors. Chewy coating consistency that is never cloying, and finishes just dry enough to beg for another sip.

D - Easily the most dangerously drinkable strong beer I've ever had. I would ruin myself on this in a night.

I was worried about the hype, but I cannot argue that this is a thoroughly enjoyable beer. It's a shame the price and availability are not more accessible.

01-14-2011 03:48:19 | More by MowryJC
chaz01

4.3/5  rDev -4.2%

On draught, served in a pint glass two days after it's release.

A: lite amber, golden color, nice frothy white head leaves plenty of lacing.

S: citrusy, grapefruit aroma, very intense.

T: More citrusy and grapefruit with just enough sweetness to balance the bitterness. This beer always reminds me of a fresh glass of grapefruit juice.

M: Medium body, good carbonation. Surprisingly, not a lot in the finish - but perhaps that leaves you wanting more quickly. My pint went quickly, wanting another.

D: The 10% is not even noticable. Beer goes down smooth and easy. One of my alltime favorites and this year doesn't disappoint.

01-14-2011 02:45:41 | More by chaz01
johntangus

South Carolina

4.97/5  rDev +10.7%

This beer aches for me to grasp at my tastebuds and limited vocabulary.

I actually reused my duvel tulip glass (gasp!) from my last beer, a Nugget Nectar. But don't worry, I'm not a heathen. I hand washed it, rinsed thoroughly and salted, swirled, scrubbed and rinsed again thoroughly. Let air semi-dry. Poured vigorously.

A nice half-inch tall head formed and then left what can only be described as krausen-like foam and lacing. I will not be able to reuse this glass again without a nice soak. Especially if I drunkenly leave it in front of my computer overnight. It is a cloudy golden color. The Hopslam that I had last year I remember as being liquid gold. Maybe after rough handling I have disturbed the yeasties. I see sediment. I am not worried.

When applying the nose, this is where the magic begins. Ahh, HopSlam, how I remember thee. I tasted your golden goodness last winter and stalked you like a jilted lover. I even attempted to clone you, but fell short somehow.

Although I have disturbed the yeast, your taste is unfettered. Grapefruit and orange juice. I daydream about calling into work and staying home and drinking six of you at 9 AM. And then calling in work to quit and then growing my beard out (more) and shunning all human contact unless they are bringing me more HopSlam. Or are made of HopSlam somehow.

I don't understand where they hide your 10% ABV. Maybe in between the OJ and the grapefruit? Is that where your honey went? You are a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a mystery.

This beer may have lots of hype surrounding it, but unlike most others, it is totally justified. To say that I would drop out of society and ruin my body to enjoy it everyday would be an understatement.

01-14-2011 01:47:42 | More by johntangus
mountsnow1010

Vermont

4.43/5  rDev -1.3%

Trying to stay away from the hype train here. Will be as unbiased as possible.

Pours a hazy amber with a super fluffy white head that leaves thick lacing.
Smells of grapefruit as soon as I open the bottle. After pouring, I get a burst of grapefruit and tangerine, followed by "pine," but it's probably more accurately described as a spruce smell. Loving the combo of smells here. I have to admit, I pick up the "cat piss" odor as well- it is a slight turn off (I've lost a mattress to cat piss), but only because I own a cat and have smelled cat piss before. If I had never smelled cat piss, it would simply come off as a pine odor.
Tastes of grapefruit and general citrus. Somewhat resiny, perhaps pine tar flavor as well. This is followed by a bit of malt. And I get a bit of marzipan right at the end. Very complex flavor profile - picking out tons of stuff. I'm very happy with the flavors. Shocking lack of bitterness...still there, but not as bitter as I would have expected.
Mouthfeel - Coats the mouth but pleasantly. Tongue-tingling as well.
DB - Could easily have several, alcohol is very well hidden.

I really like this beer. I have to admit I prefer the smell of Heady Topper- This is not quite there...the tastes however are equally pleasurable. However, I had HT on tap and this in a bottle...If I get the opportunity to have this on tap I may just have to re-review.

Also - as far as flavors go - the marzipan flavor (perhaps from the honey?) is something that I really really dig.
EDIT : Had to bump up the drinkability - I've never finished a 10.00 ABV beer so quickly.

01-13-2011 21:30:42 | More by mountsnow1010
Tifore

4.6/5  rDev +2.4%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into my DFH Pint.

A - Golden in color with orange hues and a slight haze in the glass. A super white and sticky head forms to about 2 fingers and crawls upwards and then slowly falls leaving the most wonderful sticky lacing on the sides of the glass.

S - Oh wow. One of the best smelling beers I've had in a while. So fragrant. I get citrus, pine, and spicy hops. Loads of em! This is accompanied with a sweet aftertone, I'm guessing the honey's to blame. Smells smooth and like all the flavors that I'm about to get in the mouth are going to meld really well together.

T - Citrus and pine hops all the way with a touch of sweetness followed by a bit of malt. The hops are so pronounced and so flavorful. Its amazing. Loads of lingering bitterness that I'm loving as I drink more.

M - Lots of carbonation that hold up very well to the massive punch this beer has. A little soapy in the finish but exceptional.

D - Very high. Very much so worth the 17.99 per 6 pack price tag. A delicious beer that is very easy to drink and remarkably smooth for such a palatte wrecker of a beer. I'm becoming sad that this beer only comes around once a year.

01-13-2011 21:30:17 | More by Tifore
CourteManche

4.25/5  rDev -5.3%

Poured from a 12oz. bottle into a glass snifter.

A - Golden in color; semi-clear with slight haziness; a vibrant white, one-finger head; head is thick and frothy; beer appears to be well-carbonated.

S - Wow! Popped the cap on the bottle and got hit with hops right away (bottle was about two feet away); hyper hoppy Simcoe on the nose; a bit spicy; piney and floral.

T - Hops seem less pungent than on the nose, well-balanced; subdued, smooth bitterness on the finish; little-to-no linger; no heat despite ABV.

M - Medium-bodied; minimal head, but retains well; foamy head has great mouthfeel; mild carbonation (despite appearance).

D - Very drinkable despite availability; perhaps not sessional because of ABV; overall a well-balanced treat.

01-13-2011 16:55:08 | More by CourteManche
MamaMeier

4.85/5  rDev +8%

I was so excited when my neighbor pulled this out of the fridge and was kind enough to share!!! Overall a delish beer - I am not a huge fan of IPAs or VERY hoppy beers, but this one was by far the best that I have tasted (compared to Surly Furious and Bell's Two Hearted....)

A - A golden beautiful tone - orangey, yet light

S - The smell is definately powerful on this one! You can almost taste the beer by smelling it. Amazing!

T - VERY hoppy - thus the name HopSlam - suits it well.

M - smooth, yet bubbly

D - This beer will knock you down if you are not ready for it - can only have about one, overall a crisp, wonderful beer!!!

01-13-2011 15:04:04 | More by MamaMeier
brendanbeer

WOW!!!

sorry for the exclamation, this beer is just plain incredible
dare i say, i like this more than pliny.

a. golden orange yellow, with a nice finger head. it's just beckoning.

s. cistrus, pine, all that northwest glory hops coming through perfectly. nothing is strained, it's all clear like a bright winter's night.

t. word's aren't enough, they don't allow me to explore my exuberance. citrus, hop, pine, wood, malt, and after taste of complex sweet malt balanced perfectly. i swear, im not making this up. this is, beyond all doubt, the perfect, and best, DIPA, no questions asked. i love it so.

m. medium carb, refreshing, but begging for another sip, silky, sexy, mysterious, lovely.

d. astoundingly drinkable for 10%. drinks better than eaything i;ve ever tried to drink. not overexaggerating.

01-13-2011 06:25:47 | More by brendanbeer
sprucetip

Alaska

4.68/5  rDev +4.2%

Largely clear but vaguely hazy, golden orange, a finger or so of fluffy white foam that dissipates gradually, decent retention and patchy lacing. Good lookin' brew, but not amazing.

One of the most fragrant brews I've ever experienced (mom says "the most fragrant"). She might be right. Just enough boozy heat to help clear out the sinuses lies beneath the prodigious bouquet of what appears to be a wide variety of hops. Grassy, flowery, citrusy hops are joined by some pointedly harsher "cat piss" aroma, likely the result of a boatload of Centennial. I like it, but mom is not into the "cat piss" character of the nose. It's just an element, not the defining characteristic. But if you've never noticed it, pay attention and you will. Malty sweetness is ever so barely evident.

Over the top hop hop flavor, but somehow without much bitterness. Some may even be disappointed by the relative lack of bitterness. But the hop flavors, grassy, flowery and citrusy, but without the cat piss, are amazing. Truly exceptional. And they are balanced well by the malty sweetness, with perhaps just a wee slight hint of caramel. Or maybe not? Buckeyenation surely loves this beer.

Perfect carbonation, no sting or burn. Gentle warming, medium/full body, some viscosity, and a fairly crisp finish that isn't dry (really dry IPA finish is a pet peeve for me), and only very mild lingering bitterness.

I try not to get caught up in the hype machine, and to review with objectivity. But I'd be arrogant to assume that I am totally unaffected by the hype. But this is an exceptionally good DIPA, likely the best I recall having had (to my taste buds of course). I haven't had PtY, but have had most of the other high profile IPA and DIPA, including a bunch of Midnight Sun, to which I am partial, and I don't recall any being this satisfying. Dad and I have so far put down 5 of 6, and we may not be finished.

Had my first ever (year old) Hop Slam just a few nights ago at a BA tasting. It was not aged purposefully, but it too was also very good. The hops were not as bright and sharp, but it was packed full of flavor just like the fresh stuff.

01-13-2011 04:48:36 | More by sprucetip
PreacherBrewer

4.93/5  rDev +9.8%

A - Slightly murky Gold-ish Amber color. Head is generous and white. A think soapy lace lines my english pint glass.

S - Very in your face nose on this one! Fruity citrus is abundant. Tons of wonderful floral hops. If they made a candle out of the nose on this, I'd burn it in my home! It's that awesome!

T - Hops taste like Mango, Papaya, Citrus fruits/zests, etc. Some floral notes make it in there. Malt is deep and oh so smooth. The Honey is a great touch and round-out-er. Slightly warming alcohol note on the finish (in a very good way). Nothing off or over powering. Balanced to perfection.

M - Full bodied and oh so smooth (yes, worth saying again).

D - For 10% this is one extremely drinkable brew! Watch out, or that ABV will sneak up on you cuz it's so tasty! As close to perfection that one could hope to achieve within style and overall. Find it, drink it, savor it. Cheers!

01-13-2011 04:14:42 | More by PreacherBrewer
dcsoke

Arkansas

4.8/5  rDev +6.9%

Just picked up a six pack the day it hit the shelves so this is as fresh as we in the Chicago area can get it!

Good head retention and light color are a disguise. The aroma is a powerful mix of floral hops and the first taste is just as potent. Not too bitter which is a good surprise from a IIPA, but the honey kicks up the ABV's a notch.

Wish they offered this all-year long!

01-13-2011 02:27:55 | More by dcsoke
jimbus

4.72/5  rDev +5.1%

Batch 10093 - poured into a tulip

A- light golden, beautifully laced, appropriately carbonated

S- smells of sweet citrus, grapefruit, floral notes and oh so fresh

T-my god, i just remembered how much i love this beer...bitter, hops and citrus to follow the nose, with juust enough malt to hold it up. i'm still baffled how they get enough malt to hide the 10% AND prevent it from being overly sweet, yet STILL let it have so much ridiculously unbelievably hop character.

M- smooth yet bold; i can feel the hop resin dripping off my tongue

D- 10%? really? for a lack of better words, this beer is the dankness. can't wait to get my mini keg.

01-13-2011 02:12:01 | More by jimbus
Lukafer

4.93/5  rDev +9.8%

Pours a lighter than expected golden yellow with two fingers worth of beautiful, fluffy slightly off-white head that leaves nice lacing. Smells are grapefruit, pineapple, floral hops, a little spiciness and a little heaven. Tastes are hops, citrus a touch of pine and a hint of honey. There's some drying going on toward the end followed by a bitter finish. This beer is so balanced for being a huge DIPA, the bitterness is there but it's not so overwhelming that it makes it hard to drink. Mouthfeel is great, it's syrupy but the carbonation makes it seem lighter than it really is. Drinkability is out of this world, I can't even taste the 10% ABV. I love this beer, it's one of my favorites for sure, and the fact that they put it in 6 packs instead of bombers is great.

01-13-2011 01:44:43 | More by Lukafer
bootlegger1929

4.93/5  rDev +9.8%

Bought a six pack pretty much off the truck. Poured into my favorite tulip.

Pours a beautiful yellow orange with a 2 finger head. Great lacing as head recedes. Looks great. So far so good.

Smells like honey, grapefruit, other citrus, and a bit of pine. Mouthwatering.

The taste is exceptionally balanced. The honey sweetness balances with the bitterness and citrus so well it's difficult to put the glass down long enough to keep writing.

Light mouthfeel with perfect carbonation. This is not syrupy by any means like some other DIPAs I've had. Feels great in the mouth and aftertaste is of sweet honey. Very inviting. Lingers well.

I could drink this all night. Will definitely have to get more. This six pack won't last long. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a top notch DIPA. Compares well to Pliny IMHO. I'd have a hard time choosing between the two.

01-13-2011 01:21:05 | More by bootlegger1929
TriGuy20

4.83/5  rDev +7.6%

From 12 oz bottle poured into tulip style glass. According to Bell's website this batch was packaged on 1/3/11

A: Beautiful golden amber color with fluffy white head and a generous lace sticks to the side of the glass.

S: Wow! It does not get much better than this. Grapefruit/ Pine/ Floral/ Unfiltered honey/ orange rind/ white pepper/ alcohol

T: Everything integrates so nicely on this beer. Upfront you get some nice grapefruit blended with honey as this progresses on your palate the white pepper sneaks in and then finishes with a big hop bite that displays an orange rind flavor. As you exhale the alcohol edge of this beer comes out, but in a pleasant way.

MF: This beer feels nice and slick on the mouth with a mellow carbonation and finish that goes on forever.

D: 10% abv, who knew! This beer is pure heaven to drink.

Overall:
Certainly one of the best DIPA's out there. This beer is amazing!

01-12-2011 22:54:25 | More by TriGuy20
rka758

4.83/5  rDev +7.6%

12oz bottle poured into tulip
$16/six-pack

A: Golden hue with a 1/2 finger head. Head quickly dissipated into a fine rim.
S: A lot of hops (clearly). Grapefruit. Very well rounded.
T: SOOOO good. Clean and crisp. Hops and citrus are very well balanced. still trying to find where they hid that 10%abv
D: Absolutely love this beer. Everyone is a critic and I enjoy this more than Pliney. Very upset I only bought a six pack. Till next year.

01-12-2011 21:32:52 | More by rka758
Maxxthepenguin

4.97/5  rDev +10.7%

Hopslam, concocted by god, put in six packs by the devil. This is no ordinary beer, this isn't even an ordinary DIPA. Utterly extraordinary in every way, Hopslam is legendary in its ability to floor even the most able beer drinkers. The secret is its ability to combine the purest, most potent hop flavor with an exceptional drinkability. Each Hopslam you drink goes down smooth as silk while tasting like a godly nectar, but once your glass is empty (which happens far too quickly), you yearn for another. No other brew makes it so hard to stop while being so incredibly potent, at 10%. Deadlier than the jungle juice at a frat party, the love this drink instills must be balanced by respect for what it can do, or you'll end up drinking four before you know it, leaving you in quite a state of inebriation that you never planned for. Seek hopslam out while you can, but don't approach lightly. You will not be the same after you drink it, and the yearlong wait for another batch has destroyed stronger men than myself.

A: Exactly what a DIPA should look like: golden with a finger of head.
S: A glorious bouquet of hops, with highlights of grapefruit and a strong punch of tropical fruit and orange.
T: Absolutely incredible. The hops in the nose appear in the taste and come together with a sweetness that really ties this beer together. Never approaching cloying, the sweetness helps balance the bitterness of the hops without lessening the impact of the hop flavor. The orange flavor of this year's batch is truly remarkable, nowhere else have I found a beer that has such distinct orange notes.
M: Coats your mouth with oily goodness, but still goes down smooth as silk. A marvelous mouthfeel.
D: Beyond comprehension for a 10% beer. You can tell the 10% is there, but it never gets in the way of easy drinking.

01-12-2011 14:29:20 | More by Maxxthepenguin
DannyDan

4.55/5  rDev +1.3%

Pours out to a golden color hue that has a thick white creamy head that has very good retention, really great lacing and good carbonation. The smell is hops, sweet honey, citrus all well blended together giving a pleasant aroma that makes you want to take a drink. The taste is a nice honey taste followed by some floral hops and in the middle is the citrus tastes of grapefruit,orange and lemon. The ending taste has some hop bitterness and grapefruit aftertaste like many IPA's, but doesn't have the too strong of bitterness land hop aftertaste like Bell's Two Hearted Ale does. I know this is a double IPA and is stronger than a regular IPA, but this is really nicely balanced in taste and even though can taste some alcohol near the end, it isn't too strong to ruin it. The mouthfeel is a nice creamy smooth feel that has a pleasant feel on the lips and a clinging bite to the tongue and how can a beer this good not be easily drinkable? This is by far the best IPA or double IPA I ever had very highly recommended.

01-12-2011 05:46:43 | More by DannyDan
brew3crew

Batch 10093
Bottled January 3rd drank January 11th
Drank with UrbanCaver
A-Golden bronze in color with nice head and a lot of lacing. Simply beautiful.
S-Godliness
T-Strong hops but not too overpowering. nice amount of fruit balance. Simply amazing
M-Very well balanced, Sweet yet not too sweet with the right amount of hop kick
D-The most drinkable beer. Ever. 10%? There is no way. this goes down way to smooth and easy. One of a handful of beer that truly "Wow"ed me.

This is the best IIPA bar none. It sets the bar. If only they made it year round. Can't wait to have it on draft. I am buying a case and it is not nearly enough!

01-12-2011 05:09:20 | More by brew3crew
Hopslam Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.