Hopslam Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Hopslam AleHopslam Ale

Wants: 2,175
Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

Beer added by: beernbbq on 04-14-2004

Brewed with honey. Hoppy as hell.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hopslam Ale Alström Bros
4.3/5  rDev -4.2%

Got in a trade with DoesntMatter46, thanks again Mark. Bottled on 1/4/2011 so just under three weeks old. Poured into my Bruery tulip.

Pours out a hazy golden color. A half finger head emerges from the liquid that is white in color. Texture is frothy and settles to a very thin foam and mostly a ring around the glass. Held to the light it is a very bright golden color yet still hazy. Some foam is left on the sides of the wall but the lacing isn't thick by any standards.

As expected it is very hoppy. Nice herbal hop aroma springs right up the nose. There is also some nice citrus notes that comes though as well. It isn't dominated one way or another for which hop aroma stands out more.

Same as the smell. Huge hop presence in this one. For the taste it is bit more herbal hop. A bit of citrus flavor comes out as the beer is swallowed and this is followed up by some alcohol. There really isn't any malt taste to this to balance this and that is just fine with me. I love IPAs and DIPAs that are very hop forward. As expected there is a hop bitterness that lingers in the mouth after the beer is swallowed.

Medium bodied that is a bit toward the heavier side but it isn't as syrupy as some other DIPAs that I've had before. I really like this. Carbonation is pretty low. Even though there is some alcohol present in the taste, it really doesn't detract from the experience at all.

Well this is a pretty damn drinkable beer. I really enjoyed it being a hop forward beer and am really glad I got to try it again (I had it two years ago or so and don't remember it at all). Is it worth all the hype? That can only be answered by the individual drinker. For me, I really enjoyed it and would seek it out again next year.

4.54/5  rDev +1.1%

Poured from 12 oz bottle into a snifter.

A - Nice amber color, thin head with moderate lacing. Had a few of these now, and can't seem to get as big a head as others say. Modesty, I guess.

S - Super fruity hops and very sweet.

T - Extremely hoppy, but not overly acidic - due to the honey perhaps? The honey is most present for me in the aftertaste which cuts down on the bitterness.

M - Not as much body as some other DIPAs I've had -- not good or bad, just sayin'.

D - Tasty, not the best I've ever had, but well worth tracking down once a year, just not every week -- too much hassle. Not too boozy while you drink (though the alcohol is there), but once you finish one you definitely feel it.

Not to be missed.

3.94/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Yeah I had sixer shipped to me, victim of the hype. Poured a hazey orange with a dense yellow head, decent lacing that hung around for a bit. Immediate nose of grapefruit, like slam in the face grapefruit, some flowery notes, caramel finish. Wow this is an in your face beer.

Taste - Well lets say the name fits. Seriously go slam your pecker in the door it's that hoppy. Grapefruit, piney, sprucey, feel like i'm consuming the forest here. It's a dry bitter end, the hops have nuked my taste buds, quite powerful. I like it and rather encouraged that it comes out once a year. If it was shelved year round it would be boring.

4.45/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

APPEARANCE: A bright almost rust orange color, like dark honey, with about a finger of head and light but noticeable lacing.

AROMA: From the second the cap cam off of this thing it was citrus! This beer is almost all hop with a touch, almost an afterthought, of malty sweetness.

FLAVOR: The first thing I taste is grapefruit and citrusy notes. A light honey sweetness and malt sweetness comes in to balance the beer out nicely, and a bit of a dryer finish. The shocker of this? Almost no alcohol heat from this 10% ABV hop-bomb.

PALATE: Definitely a full-bodied brew, but extremely well balanced.

MOUTHFEEL: Sweet, just a touch 'thick' like extremely thinned syrup, but very nice. Lightly carbonated, but the hops seem to just cling to every surface of your mouth.

NOTES: This beer is a sleeper. It does the same thing that Hop Stoopid does to me; makes me want to sit down with a six and go to work. Then, I remember this bad boy is a big 10%.

4.49/5  rDev 0%

Poured from the bottle into a tulip.

I can't believe I didn't review this beer last year. I had this for the first time last year and loved it, so when "Hopslam day" rolled around in Kansas City I was a glutton and purchased an entire case. Now I'm starting to rethink that decision, not for monetary reasons, it's just a lot of beer to drink when it's on a 24 style ticker. I have two bottles from last year I'm holding onto for another year before I try one and I'm saving two more (probably no more) from this year to do the same thing. If you're reading this review or any of these reviews, you're probably drinking or have just drank a Hopslam. You know how awesome it is. If you missed out this year, I'd bet you're not reading these reviews because why would you want to tease yourself?

I'm going to touch on smell first. When you pour this beer the first thing you notice is not the color, not the pour, but the freaking nose. Hopslam is strong! Several feet back you can smell this beer. This big bold flowery, grapes(!), pineapple, honey, hoppy grapefruit nose. It makes my eyes water if I sniff too hard. Weird sentence. I can pick up a hint of the alcohol on the nose, but siting at 10% I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Now to the appearance. Hopslam looks like pissed off apple juice. It has a very nice golden amber color. Amber seems right. There's some head, almost a finger that resides quickly but there's some very nice lacing on the glass as you drink it.

If you could taste the music while listening to Pink Floyd's album "Animals," it would taste like Hopslam. I can't improve on that.

The mouthfeel is a little too thick for me, from what I want from an IPA. It is Imperial though, so that's more acceptable. I like it though, if this had a weaker body it'd be a total mess. I guess I'm complaining while not complaining. It's very drinkable, as it should be since I have a case. I knocked it down a little for the price, because it's a lot of money for this beer. Also it's annoying that stores play with the mrsp, ranging it from 16-22. I fortunately got it at the low end, but I have a buddy who paid the high end. Also it's very heavy so you can't drink too many of these in one night. If you do drink one of these, make sure that it's the last or your first of more because when you drink Hopslam your palate becomes Hopslam, all becomes Hopslam.

4.26/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Single bottle from batch 10127 brought back by Michael, thanks!

Pours a clear golden color with copper hues... or maybe it's copper with golden hues... either way it looks nice with a finger worth of soapy white head that fades leaving LOTS of sticky lacing.

Aroma is loaded with sticky smelling pine resin and some notes of citrus and honey. Smells good, but not the best I've ever smelled.

Taste is much more interesting and unique. The sweet honey really does a lot to balance out and offset the hops. I've only had Hopslam once before, but I don't remember the honey being quite so prominent. There's also tons of piney resinous hops but surprisingly, it's not all that bitter.

Mouthfeel is fairly thick and sticky with moderate carbonation. Very highly drinkable and unique with all the honey. I doubt I could burn through a whole case of this by myself before the hops fade out, but it's nice to have a couple bottles and I'll seek it out again next year.

4.27/5  rDev -4.9%

A - Medium amber color and clarity with some white lacey foam and medium effervescence.

S - Very pleasant hoppy pineapple bouquet with quite a bit of alcohol. Alcohol/Hops works well together not solventy.

T - Alcohol up-front followed by a pleasing rush of hops flavor similar to the aroma. Very clean malt backbone with some sweetness. Nice bitterness - not exceptionally bitter though.

M - Light to medium mouthfeel. Not as big as one might anticipate.

D - This could be a dangerous beer for IPA lovers. Very drinkable for a hoppy 10% ABV DIPA.

4.14/5  rDev -7.8%

Fresh 2011 bottle. Pours a clear golden orange with a fluffy white cap. Nose is huge on pine, some citrus rind perhaps a touch of sap. Effective hopping on the nose. Caramel malt on the front palate, then a large wash of piney hops that lasts for a good 40 seconds. Hot on the back end. As with previous batches, this has an awesome nose but the mouth is a bit off balance. The hot finish is akin to a splash of vodka.

As weird as it sounds, the best bottle of Hopslam I've had was a 2009 batch about 9 months after the release. I'll probably drink a few of these fresh and sit on a couple to see if that round, peachy profile will develop again.

4.72/5  rDev +5.1%

I'm pretty sure I got the last 6-pack of Hop Slam in metro Atlanta. Thanks to Smyrna World of Beverages and the special guy (you know who you are) who put the last 6-pack away until I recovered from surgery. You earned my loyalty. I wish Hop City treated their customers like that.

Nice looking pour with a about 2 inches of head over a golden/orange ale. Plenty of lacing left by the head and ale.

Aroma of hops, grapefruit, pine and sweet honey. Taste is similar with even more honey flavor and malt on the palate to balance the outstanding hop flavors. I like the multidimensional flavors that come from the hops. I had a Hop Stoopid a couple of days ago which is also very good, but the hops are not as diverse and lean too much on the pine flavor. Hop Slam's hop flavor is more balanced and interesting. The flavors remind me of Two Hearted Ale bumped up a level or two. However, Two Hearted Ale stands up pretty well and is a great everyday IPA.

Medium mouth feel. Nice carbonation. Way too drinkable! I could drink all 6 one right after the other. Almost lives up to the hype, which is tremendous. I'm smiling from ear to ear knowing I have 5 more of these.

12oz bottle

Pours a clear orange color with a fierce white head that lasted a while. I am maintaining a distance from the glass as I pour as the aroma is already leaping from the pour to smack me in the face.

A whopping ton of hops in the nose. Citrus hops galore!

Wow! This is a beer that is well titled! The citrus hops start with a bang and grow into the aftertaste.

Medium body with active carbonation. Very smooth which keeps the hops from being overwhelming.

Amazing! Great flavor and quite smooth!

4.42/5  rDev -1.6%

2 week fresh bottle poured into my Bell's tulip

A: Beautiful golden orange hue that looks like watery honey. A half finger of straight white head slowly settles and leaves some light, filmy lacing on the sides.

S: Lovely hop hit on the nose, light floral but mostly citrus and tropical fruit up front. I'm definitely getting the pineapple. Honey is there too, and as this warms the alcohol most certainly makes itself present.

T: Pretty similar, citrus and tropical fruit. Not getting much of the pine character some people talk about. Hit hard with hops, right before the malt and honey (tries to) tame the alcohol, then they all fall back into place very well leaving a pleasant (and surprisingly light) bittering on the back of my tongue.

M: Just divine. Moderate carbonation, chewy, lightly syrupy but not overly thick. Seriously perfect mouth for the style.

D: Certainly not a session beer but sweet Moses this stuff is dangerously drinkable. I have no problem putting 3 of these back, enough to be sufficiently "hopslammed."

I've always loved this beer, and this year seems more important than others since it's not as available to me as it used to be. Bell's has it spot on pairing that citrus fruit flavor with honey. Classic combo, and bravo.

4.3/5  rDev -4.2%

poured fresh from the tap a honey gold to a 12oz goblet with a 1/2 finger, solid white head with nice retention and lace all the way to the rim.

huge grapefruit hops aroma, fruity and floral. super sweet.

believe what you've heard. really. prior to today, i've sampled a four month old bottle, and this is my first fresh glass. great big hops, as advertised. grapefruit hops forward, followed closely by tropical fruits. despite the forward hops, bitter isn't present, super sweet. it's hopslam, so it's honey'd - but the honey isn't interfering, it's simply part of the mix.

medium bodied, honey sweet, big hops (though not overwhelming), creamy.

drinkable - hmmm... not really.

edit: popped a fresh bottle a couple days later - very interesting to notice the difference in the hops profile between the bottle and tap. less creamy from the bottle, increased bitter from the bottle. more balanced and more honey forward from tap.

4.85/5  rDev +8%

Poured from a bottle into a tulip

A: Beautiful honey orange with a finger and a half of foamy white head. Head dissipates into a filmy white layer but clings to the sides of the glass

S: A boquet of hops--citrusy grapefruit and pineapple up front with some pine and an underlying malty sweetness to balance it out. Smelling this beer is almost as good as drinking it. The grapefruit aromas are even more apparent as it warms.

T: Similar to the smell--grapefruit and pineapple flavors first and foremost. There's some pine flavors in there along with a strong malt backbone that helps balance the beer. Wonderfully balanced with only a little bitterness at the end accompanying the grapefruit flavors. Again, the grapefruit begins to come through more as it warms.

M: Medium body with medium carbonation that accents the grapefruit characteristics very well.

D: Definitely a sweeter IPA, but that sweetness brings balance to the bitterness, making it one of the most drinkable DIPAs out there. Despite being 10%, there's no alcohol anywhere to be found in the flavor, making it very smooth.

Overall and amazing beer and more worthy of hype than many other hyped beers.

4.6/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I picked up a couple of these at the store last week. I have had this beer many times but I have never got to try it the same month it was released. So let's see if this brew live up to all the hype. Poured from a 12oz brown bottle into a pint glass.

A- I like the Label on this beer and I like the new matching cap. This beer poured a nice golden color with an orange tint. It had a finger and a half of white foam that died down to a thin lumpy ring that left lot of nice lacing.

S- The aroma is all about the hops, its full of grapefruits and mango's with some sweet honey at the end. This beer smells like a fruit basket of citrus fruits.

T- The taste is pretty similar to the smell. The Hops impart tons of citrus fruit flavors that come together really well. I get lots of grapefruit with some mango's and pineapples. Just like the aroma you get a little sweetness at the end from the honey which helps balance out some of the bitter flavors and ties everything together.

M- Crisp and medium bodied with perfect carbonation.

D- This is one dangerous brew. Alcohol is hidden really well, it says it's 10% but it sure as hell doesn't taste like it. There is tons of great flavors in this beer that makes me want to keep drinking it all night long.

Overall I thought this was one kick ass brew and the best DIPA I have ever had. The flavors were super good and citrusy. Usually I find lots of DIPA's to be overly bitter, but this one was not. This brew did a fantastic job at hiding it's alcohol, but be careful this beer will quickly put you on your ass. Great job Bell's, this beer truly does live up to all the hype. With beers like this, Bells really shows why it is one of the best breweries in the country.

4.52/5  rDev +0.7%

Got this one as a extra from Dreadnaught33. Many thanks, sir. I can't think of a better extra to be sending. Batch code translates to a bottled date of 12/29/10.

Appearance: Hopslam pours a golden, slightly hazy color with highlights of light tangerine. Slightly over a finger of eggshell white forms. Retention is pretty good, and the lacing clings nicely to the interior of the glass.

Smell: There is definite grapefruit and dank hops on the nose. I get a bit of citrus as well, and I can really start to smell some sweet malt too. Very nice smell, I'm definitely looking forward to the first swallow.

Taste: Very in-line with the smell. A lot of grapefruit with minor citrus notes. A ton of dank, piney hop character. Very nice overall, and a treat to drink. After a while I really start to taste the honey-like malt sweetness. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it really balances the beer out.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability: The feel in this beer is hands down my favorite part. It's every bit of medium bodied, with fairly low carbonation. One of the few IPAs/DIPAs that is truly creamy and smooth going down. Overall, I'd say it's definitely worth the hype that surrounds it.

4.32/5  rDev -3.8%

Hopslam pours a light golden copperish color with a nice .5 inch white foamy head.

Smells of of honey sweetness with grapefruit hops. I also pick up a grass scent.

Tastes nice and sweet with a fruity hop presence. Not overwhelmingly sweet though.

Mouthfeel is a crisp sting of carbonation with a oily hop residue. Leaves a long lasting aftertaste.

Drinkability is not the highest for me cause of its high alcohol content and sweetness.

4.82/5  rDev +7.3%

Pours honey gold in color. Comparing it to the jar of honey in the kitchen and it comes up a very close match. 1-finger head with a hint of retention. Nice lace coverage over the back half of the glass.

Nose is very strong grapefruit and earthy resins. I get the honey underneath but also get an oily quality on top of that. Very sweet.

Extreme bitters right up front. Oily texture with citrus and herbal hops. Lots of grapefruit with a touch of pineapple. Very thick glass with substantial body to back up the intense bitters. Oily finish, not dry at all. Still leaves a dusty aftertaste, though. I'm getting more honey about 2/3 of the way through the glass.

Alcohol starts to come in more as the glass warms. Nice burn setting in, both from the hops and the abv.

Definitely deserves the hype. A really great beer.

4.57/5  rDev +1.8%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a snifter (bottled 1.11.2011)

A: Pours a translucent dark tangerine color with a bubbly, off-white head. Oily little bubbles form all around the sides of the glass and stick around in splotchy, tight webs around the glass.

S: Loads of clean citrus upon more loads of citrus. There is no question of the hop profile of this beer from an arms length. Dominant notes of grapefruit blended with sweet tangerine with a touch of earthy resin. IF you try hard, you can pick up on subtle hints of honey.

T: A well blended, full flavor beer all the way through. The load of hops upfront gives off a major bouquet of ruby red grapefruit with a touch of floral notes and a certain resin character. The finish transitions into a well balanced sweet caramel malt backbone which is dried out by the honey in a palate pleasing manner. I was expecting an extremely bitter, biting finish but I was very pleasantly surprised how the hops, malts, and honey complimented one another in the finish.

M: Slick and oily on the lips/in the mouth, medium bodied, and dry with very well done carbonation that keeps the beer lively as it dances across the palate. The ABV is entirely innocuous and the finish is one of the most palate pleasing ones I've had from a double India Pale Ale. It just delicately fades away teasingly waving "goodbye" to the tastebuds instead of overstaying its welcome.

D: As previously noted by a myriad of others, this is one dangerously drinkable beer. Full on flavor, remarkably balanced, and one heck of a well crafted beer. I wanted to find faults with this beer given the hype but I've really been pleased through and through. Bell's Hopslam is truly a standard bearer of its style and a damn good one at that.

look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A big thanks to Deadm8 and IDateTheFormula for sending me a collective 11 bottles of this.

Pours a clear orange blossom honey colored hue into a portsmouth brewery snifter. A two finger fine bubbled head emerges and recedes after about 30 seconds leaving small splotchy lacing around the edges of the glass.

Smell is full of clean, fresh, hops, some moderate alcohol, pine, pineapple and light honey.

Taste starts off with tropical fruits like papaya and pineapple drizzled with honey, and garnished with fine grated pine needles. Some alcohol heat and flavor follow making it know that this isn't your average IPA.

Mouthfeel is slick and syrupy with ild carbonation but still very light and easy drinking given the alcohol content.

I could have roughly 3 of these before I could taste nothing other than hops for the rest of the night, and I'd almost be ok with that.

4.69/5  rDev +4.5%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a nonic.

This beer pours a fairly transparent amber color with a finger and a half of head. Retention is about average, and lacing is great. The smell of this is great! It jumps right out of the glass and assaults you with bright, juicy citrus, fresh floral hops, honey, and just a little bit of earthy aspect that reminds me of the fragrance ingredient vetiver. Just a bright, lively, delicious smelling beer. The first flavor that hits the tongue is the bright citrus and juicy hops. This part is very well done. Then, to my dismay, the honey comes on followed by a bit of an alcohol punch. The honey attempts to mellow out this burn, but isn't quite successful, which does hurt this beer a bit. The trick here is to keep your nose in the glass after your sip, the hop aroma helps to overpower the alcohol burn making it tasty all the way down. Other than that, this is a very good DIPA though. The juicy hop flavors and bright citrus are just super well done.

The mouthfeel is near-perfect, it's thick enough to say that this is a serious brew, but not too thick like some DIPAs can get. The drinkability is also great, this is probably the most drinkable 10% beer I've had. I can feel myself getting drunker as I drink this, yet it doesn't effect the drinkability at all! How marvelous. A great DIPA from Bell's, these guys know how to use their hops. Get it if you can.

4.67/5  rDev +4%

Thanks to Chuck's in Bowling Green, KY for carrying Bell's.

A: Nice golden color. About a finger and a half of billowy white head. Splotchy, sticky head that coats the side of the glass.

S: Wonderful smell on this one. Sweet and citrusy are the two words that come to mind first. I never thought I would describe a smell as juicy, but that's the way Hopslam smells to me.

T: Follows the nose as you'd expect. Very grapefruity, but the sweetness of the honey balances it out well. Sweet, then bitter, then spicy. Wasn't expecting the spicy there at the end, but it's enjoyable.

M: To be honest, nothing spectacular here for me. There's just a little bite from the alcohol, but nothing signifcant..especially for a beer w/ 10.00%ABV. Not as dry as you'd expect such a hoppy beer to be.

D: Very high. If you served this to an unsuspecting drinker and did not tell them this was a high ABV beverage, they'd never know.

Is Hopslam worth all of the hype? Probably not, but this is still one of the premier DIPAs in the country and one that I would go great lengths to seek out.

4.97/5  rDev +10.7%

Looks great, it is brewed with honey and pours with the same color. The head is smaller than I would think, though swirling it produces more as it is consumed. Taste is .. well.. of hops foremost. Kinda sweet and fruity and the piney american hops.

Such a great brew to have it limited to once a year at limited supply. This could be epic if it were just more available.

Got this at the local beer store, and could only get my hands on THREE bottles. Guess it's better than none.

4.18/5  rDev -6.9%

On tap @ Al's of Hampdem (Enola, PA) on 1/21/11. Served in a Bell's tulip glass.

Pours a crystal clear copper, with a thin ½ finger of cap of bright-white head. Swirling keeps this rich in the glass (to a near finger) and throw up some thick foamy swathes of lacing which slowly creep down the sides of the glass. This has a big floral and spicy feel to it which is layered on top of sharp notes of grapefruit and pine. Tropical fruit and sweet malt are pushed to the background, as the hops mostly control this. I'm also picking up some alcohol heat that runs through the middle of the nose and takes away from some of the sweeter aspects of this a bit as well.

Bright hop flavors explode in the mouth, with grapefruit, pine, and spice ripping the tongue before being tempered with notes juicy tropical fruits, honey, and toasted biscuits. As usual, the honey totally makes this beer, as it adds a sweet softness across the back of the profile that adds to the general deliciousness of this. The finish is fairly aggressive with a bitter rind and spice that linger with a steady forceful dryness. The mouthfeel is medium to fuller bodied, with an easy soft crisp creaminess that sits on top of some alcohol beef. There is some definitely warmth to the body and it never does quite reach that stinging point, but it does get a little borderline at times.

What can you say, it's Hopslam and it rocks! I've had this many, many times out of the bottle but I do believe that this is first time that I've bothered grabbing some on draft. My only real issue besides the heavy warmth of the feel but that the nose seemed a little hop and alcohol heavy this time around. Still though, if you're looking for a DIPA that offers a little more than just a hoppy fix, this is great beer.

look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to qspandrew for hooking this up! A generous soul if there ever was one! 5L mini keg.

Pours a crystal clear medium amber with slowly exploding off-white head. Got 2 fingers out of a gentle pour. Lots of staying power and almost stains the glass with lacing.

Nose is sticky and lush with lots of tropical fruit notes, some floral honey in there for sure and it just smells like sticky buds (hops and otherwise).

Palate is wide and full of juicy hop oils, pink grapefruit, mango, orange blossom honey, pale caramel, and guava puree. Really fruity and luscious. Gripping bitterness is balanced by sticky malt sweetness. Ridiculously drinkable despite being 10% ABV.

Notes: A friend of mine described the flavor as being like "fresh, juicy" hops instead of "boiled, cooked" hops. I agree 100%. I'm tasting similarities in the Mid-West IPAs and the VT IPAs lately. Loving every juicy sip.

4.28/5  rDev -4.7%

Thanks to John (JM03) for hooking me up with my very first bottle of the highly-anticipated Hopslam.

A: Pours a clear amber, apricot color with more than a finger of foamy white head and a great deal of lacing.

S: Aroma is, as you may have expected, extremely hoppy: floral, piny, citrusy, with a bit of caramel, biscuity malts peeking through.

T: Taste is along the same lines- quite sweet with the caramel, citrus, pine interplay.

M: Medium body, moderate carbonation; crisp, with a long, dry finish.

D: What sets this beer apart, in my mind, is its ridiculous drinkability. Its taste is good, don't get me wrong (I feel it might be just a tad bit overrated). BUT, once I started drinking this, I had a hard time stopping (for whatever reason). My whole 6-pack was gone mere hours after purchase, and I was wishing that I had gone to a store carrying the mini-keg. It has a juice-like draw to it- juice might not be anyone's favorite thing in the world, but it's tasty and refreshing and everyone loves it. Hopslam is the same way... perhaps it could replace juice.

Hopslam Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.