Third Coast Beer - Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Third Coast BeerThird Coast Beer

Bell's Brewery, Inc. visit their website

American Blonde Ale |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-01-2002)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters

1.5/5  rDev -56.4%

11-17-2011 02:14:31 | More by MacStinson
warmstorage

1.53/5  rDev -55.5%

Probably good that I tried this one, since I otherwise was getting the impression that Bell's didn't make any bad beer.

Mostly it's just terribly mediocre, from folks who can do vastly better.

Pours from a 12 ounce bottle a bright straw yellow, limited head.

Aroma... is really tough. Honestly, it smells a little like fresh vomit. That makes it sound worse than it is, but I really can't get that idea out of my head each time I smell it.

Taste is bitter, a little harsh, acrid, and just not pleasant. Limited hops noticeable. A flat, slightly metallic grain aftertaste.

Mouthfeel is average to a little thin.

I suppose it's possible that I could have just gotten a bad bottle, but since I bought Two Hearted at the same time, and stored them the same way, it seems relatively unlikely.

Really blah stuff, bordering on bad. I definitely won't bother again, and I poured out about half the bottle. Back to the Two Hearted!

09-14-2006 00:54:56 | More by warmstorage

sourgrass

08-28-2012 15:19:29 | More by sourgrass
Jamesthebrit

2.05/5  rDev -40.4%

A: Hazy light amber. Like every other beer ever.
S: Little to no smell. The slightest hints of floral.
T: Taste very watery with few flavors. A little bit of hops in there but really nothing to it.
M: Sits like water with a little too much carbonation.

Overall a really poor showing from Bells here. I think I see what they're getting at which is an easy drinking beer for the masses. They have succeeded at this but have sacrificed a lot in the process.

04-12-2012 13:28:17 | More by Jamesthebrit
RickS95

2.08/5  rDev -39.5%

Looks like someone put Corona into a snow globe. Clear and straw gold, it's full of little floaties. Up top is a nice sized, bright white head with good retention and a sloppy lace. Unfortunately, it looks little different than something I can purchase 18 of for 12 bucks.

Grainy, rice-like, slightly floral. Think macro.

Is this a Budweiser?

See above. It's mostly got a chalky, bitter feel. Grainy and sour. Nothing resembling 'craft beer.'

Epic fail.

08-31-2012 02:42:48 | More by RickS95
vette2006c5r

South Dakota

2.13/5  rDev -38.1%

Third Coast pours a gold color with a large head. There is an offensive aroma that is similar to cat pee. The taste has a cat pee flavoring, with a strong cereal flavor. The taste is very light, and rather offensive. Overall this is an avoidable beer. Not too much good can be said.

01-01-2014 01:13:05 | More by vette2006c5r
jcalabre

2.15/5  rDev -37.5%

Appearance: This pours hazy yellow with a white head.
Aroma: The smell is slightly hoppy, with some dustiness to it
Flavor: I was disappointed. As fine a brewer as K'zoo Bells is, this one isn't too good. It had a sour taste.of those around here. I'll pass

06-13-2003 17:53:53 | More by jcalabre
silenius

2.17/5  rDev -36.9%

I absolutely agree with ManekiNeko's taste assessment.

Citrus rind smell and flavor. I think it has a medium mouthfeel. Instead of a salty aftertaste, I got a weird soapy aftertaste. This aftertaste has been consistent over the few times I've had this beer in the past.

To add, I think this is predominately a bitter beer. Grapefruit rind in a bottle. I like bitter, but I find this one-dimensional and I am not too impressed. I'll finish the bottles in my fridge and will probably not buy or drink this again.

01-22-2004 00:48:28 | More by silenius

terence

02-23-2013 22:57:13 | More by terence
TheDM

2.25/5  rDev -34.6%

This brew had a fruity aroma, a large white head of small to medium bubbles and a cloudy yellow orange body. Initial bitter taste followed by a dislike for the taste. It got a little better with time, but still not high on my list.

07-06-2003 07:48:03 | More by TheDM
shbobdb

2.35/5  rDev -31.7%

Well, I like nice, clean, simple beers. Since I know Bell's makes a quality product, I was excited to see their rendition of this. I was not impressed. Not at all.
I poured the beer into a wine glass (all my other glasses were dirty), and it looked, well, average. Nothing too special, just somewhere in the nether-regions between penny and straw. The taste, yuck! Not pleasant. It reminded me a lot of Anchor Small. Resinous and generally unpleasant. Keep in mind, I normally like hops, but they just really tasted out of place here.
Thankfully, the taste improves considerably when you add the yeast. I guess the beer was designed to be drank with the yeast. With this addition the taste goes from truly aweful to merely unimpressive.
I won't be getting this beer again.

11-26-2005 19:13:09 | More by shbobdb
CortexBomb

2.45/5  rDev -28.8%

Pours with deep yellow colouration with a thick head and plenty of body visible while the smell is dominant floral, reminiscent of an IPA.

The hops in evidence in the smell carry over to the flavour as the taste starts and finishes with a strong bitterness. There also are a few malty tones in the middle, but the bitterness is what carries this brew, and I didn't overly care for the effect.

Mouthfeel has at least got some body, and I can't knock the drinkability much, but overall this is a pretty average brew.

02-18-2004 02:20:07 | More by CortexBomb
TooGood

04-17-2014 20:06:40 | More by TooGood
detroitpat

07-03-2014 20:38:02 | More by detroitpat
meathookjones

2.5/5  rDev -27.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This review is from a 12oz bottle sampled on 12-19-04. Cloudy straw yellow in the glass with a small white topping of bubbles. Not much lace and the puny head disappears quickly. Aroma has a touch of hops over a funky odd smell, not really sure what it is but it didn’t give me high hopes for the flavor. Taste had the same funky flavors to it with a bit of hops through in to control it. Fairly light mouthfeel but crisp. Not exactly something I would drink again. I am not sure what the hell is going on with this beer but I will avoid it in the future. Thanks to clvand0 for the sample.

01-05-2005 17:28:54 | More by meathookjones
Yoopermk

10-24-2012 20:57:30 | More by Yoopermk
Third Coast Beer from Bell's Brewery, Inc.